Animated or live-action?

Katniss

Which do you like better?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Select your preference

• Animated programming
    • Live-action
    • Both/I don't have a preference

One thing I like about TV these days is that there's a wide variety of quality programming to watch. But we do tend to have preferences when it comes to shows. Do you prefer animated programming or live-action, or do you not have a preference and like both? Which do you watch more often? I do tend to skew more towards live-action shows myself, though I do love some cartoons and anime. 

Edited by Katniss

I love watching both and I recently started to watch more live-action shows. However cartoons always had special place in my heart but I don't wanna vote for cartoons either because there are really outstanding live-action shows. I say both, tho I love cartoons a tad more.

There are so many more live action shows with such a bigger variety of genres that you can't really compare them with animated shows, most of which are comedic, at least in the US. The difficulty of making animated shows that aren't comedies here means you don't see animated counterparts of shows like The Sopranos, The Wire, or Breaking Bad. There are a lot of animated shows I love, but none that I can objectively say are as good as the top tier of live action series. There's also a lot of live action trash, especially in the reality genre, but overall, I don't believe animation even comes close. The same is true for movies. And until animated shows and movies can compete for money and talent with the big boys, I don't see that changing anytime soon, to be completely honest.

Animated. Every show is just better animated because it's less realistic and therefore can be far more interesting. The only live action show I watch is Seinfeld. And that's not even airing new episodes. My top 20 TV series would be entirely animated cartoons. Looney Tunes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Breaking Bad any day of my whole entire life up until this day, and unless any weird hormone screws up everything, it'll stay that way for the rest of my days. except maybe those crappy buddy ones for the early 30's

also if Lana Loud wasn't animated she wouldn't be hot