• Advertisement

10 Cloverfield Lane

Katniss

This trailer--and the movie in general--seemed to come out of nowhere. I've never seen Cloverfield but props to the people behind this movie for managing to keep it under wraps in a day and age where entertainment outlets always want to be on the up and up with the latest movie news and we have tons of trailers and teasers for other films. 

Ramona Flowers Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Goodman are in this so...cool? :P  The trailer does look interesting.

Edited by katnisslovestacos

4 minutes ago, illiniguy34 said:

It'd appear that there won't be any judging from this trailer. I mean I didn't mind it in the first (nor do I hate found footage in general), but it didn't have to be found footage. 

I see. I haven't seen the first movie but found fottage can be a bit headache, even if there are good ones like Chronicle or REC.

15 minutes ago, WhoBob said:

I see. I haven't seen the first movie but found fottage can be a bit headache, even if there are good ones like Chronicle or REC.

Don't forget The Blair Witch Project :P. But yeah, you can only take the constant shaky cam for so long.

Saw this on Saturday night.  Not ashamed to say that I love this more than Cloverfield and any other JJ Abrams work over the past few years as well.  It honestly has a lot to do with the writing, which I had no idea that one of the writers was Damien Chazelle (Whiplash, La La Land).  I don't know how much influence he had but you can tell with how well written the two main stars were that he had to be involved with at least those two characters.  If I had any complaints, it was with how rushed the ending was, but this is two weeks in a row now that I've seen a movie that has absolutely defied my expectations.  Completely recommend this movie.  You don't need to see Cloverfield to understand this.

I saw it a couple nights ago, I liked it. It's one of those movies that makes you think hard about the characters' surroundings and you're never quite sure on what to believe. If I say anymore, I'm terrified that I'll end up spoiling it for others.

I saw this instead of Zootopia this afternoon because the Carmike movie theater in my area doesn't have all of the most current movies :okay: I ended up enjoying it though. There was plenty of tension to keep me on the edge of my seat, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Goodman did a good job with their roles, though John Gallagher, Jr (who I knew previously from playing Brie Larson's boyfriend in Short Term 12) as Emmett wasn't that bad either. It was nice to get some character development/backstory alongside the action. Buying a ticket for this film was money well-spent!

Edited by Katniss