R.I.P Internet Explorer

sbl

About IE  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still using IE today?

• Yes, fuck the rules
    • No, I don't wanna die

x-post from SBMania, topic by ssj

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://gizmodo.com/i...dium=socialflow

It’s been a long time coming but, as of January 12th, Microsoft will no longer support Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 10. Rest in peace, IE.

Microsoft points out that version 11 will continue to cling on to its dear little life for at least a while, receiving security updates, compatibility fixes, and technical support on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. For now.

But if for some unimaginable reason you use an older version of IE, then it’ll no longer receive updates. If you insist on using a Microsoft browser, now might be time to consider using Edge?

Here's my story about IE:
Spoiler

Internet Explorer.

When you first started your fresh, new, Windows PC, and you were computer-illiterate, you saw this page:download2.gif

After calling Technical Support, it was as simple as plugging a cable into the back of your PC or the side of your laptop. But, then while using the internet for a while, this happened overtime:

ie6-too-many-toolbars.jpg

Yahoo, Ask, and many many more toolbars awaited you. But then, you decided to find another web browser to use the web on, and it was with more customization.

But, Internet Explorer will always be missed.

R.I.P Internet Explorer

August 16, 1995 - January 12th, 2016

4 hours ago, spongeboblover said:

BEFORE YOU READ THIS WAS A RE-POST FROM SBM

topic originally by ssj

http://gizmodo.com/i...dium=socialflow

It’s been a long time coming but, as of January 12th, Microsoft will no longer support Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 10. Rest in peace, IE.

Microsoft points out that version 11 will continue to cling on to its dear little life for at least a while, receiving security updates, compatibility fixes, and technical support on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. For now.

But if for some unimaginable reason you use an older version of IE, then it’ll no longer receive updates. If you insist on using a Microsoft browser, now might be time to consider using Edge?

Here's my story about IE:
  Hide contents

Internet Explorer.

When you first started your fresh, new, Windows PC, and you were computer-illiterate, you saw this page:download2.gif

After calling Technical Support, it was as simple as plugging a cable into the back of your PC or the side of your laptop. But, then while using the internet for a while, this happened overtime:

ie6-too-many-toolbars.jpg

Yahoo, Ask, and many many more toolbars awaited you. But then, you decided to find another web browser to use the web on, and it was with more customization.

But, Internet Explorer will always be missed.

R.I.P Internet Explorer

August 16, 1995 - January 12th, 2016

i have a question... how much toolbars do you even have?

Guest hilaryfan80

I'm pretty sure in this day and age people know that there are better alternatives. I think what Microsoft is going for is to make Edge the #1 browser by default. If they make Internet Explorer extinct, then the only other pre-installed browser that can be used is Edge. This would give Edge the edge it needs. ;)

Chrome still has a very large share in the browser market. While I cannot say that I support Edge completely, I can say with certainty that Internet Explorer is not supported on SBC (though from what I hear it works pretty well on the latest version).

To reflect this topic, I have updated SBC to where if you visit with Internet Explorer 10 or below, you will be hit with a warning to update Internet Explorer or switch to a modern browser. :)

Spoiler

VGldsqK.png

dqQt8DU.png

Edited by jjsthekid

Yeah, it isn't really dead since there's still the latest version.  It's been a long time since I stopped using Internet Explorer. Maybe I guess people could Edge Microsoft's new IE since it'll be their browser once IE is really gone.