• Advertisement

The Weekenders

Katniss

Does anyone remember this Disney cartoon? As a kid I enjoyed it, then I rewatched some episodes recently and it's still pretty good. It was witty and fun, and I liked seeing how that pizza place would change every episode. 

The most underrated Disney animated shows of all time.  Absolutely love this show and it's characters.  Although I agree that the Tish and her family centric episodes were easily the weakest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Festivus said:

It went on for four seasons and was called "the show that killed Pokemon" at one point. Add in the fact that I've never met anyone who's disliked it and I'd hardly call this underrated. Maybe forgotten, but not underrated. Disney animated shows in general from that age seem to fall more into the category of the former.

7 hours ago, Holiday Moon Princess said:

It went on for four seasons and was called "the show that killed Pokemon" at one point. Add in the fact that I've never met anyone who's disliked it and I'd hardly call this underrated. Maybe forgotten, but not underrated. Disney animated shows in general from that age seem to fall more into the category of the former.

Wait...when was this called The Show That Killed Pokemon?  I've never heard that expression ever lol.

I've met people who disliked this saying Recess and Pepper Ann were far better.  Ok so maybe amongst my inner circle but your proclamation, I never knew any of that.

3 hours ago, Happy Festivus said:

Wait...when was this called The Show That Killed Pokemon?  I've never heard that expression ever lol.

I've met people who disliked this saying Recess and Pepper Ann were far better.  Ok so maybe amongst my inner circle but your proclamation, I never knew any of that.

It was called that because it was outdoing Pokemon in ratings for a while. I understand you never hearing it before because that title never caught on in popularity lol.

I had a good feeling you had met some people who didn't like it. Of course some people didn't like it. However, there's been far too much laud for this show for me to look at it as underrated. On the other hand, it's only on rare occasion where I see this show as well as a lot of Disney cartoons from back then brought up. For example, literally nobody I've ever met remembers Fillmore!, yet it has a well-sized fanbase of people who love it. That's why I strongly opt for calling shows like this overlooked or forgotten rather than underrated.