• Advertisement

Crushing's Top 10 Game Controllers

crushingmayhem

#1:

Spoiler

gc_controller_black.gif

Nintendo Gamecube Controller

Ok well this controller is one of many surprises, many of you probably didn't expect to see it in the top place. But I feel it earns its place since its a controller that has lasted several generations without any modifications. To start of, the face buttons seem to have a different shape to them that other controllers especially the A button which is big and comfortable, this made playing games like Super Smash Bros Melee good to play with, especially when you got to do smash attacks. The B button while small works really well in all sorts of games, I can understand why it was made smaller since it usually serves as a secondary button in comparison to the A button. As for the Y and X buttons, i'll admit they had an odd shape but in the end they serve its purpose quite well and are quite easy to control, especially in Melee where they are the jump buttons and in addition, they can be pressure sensitive in the game. The C stick while being rather small, it can be a big plus in games like Metroid Prime to change your weapons; in other games it works as the 2nd analog stick, while not being as big as the analog stick it gets the job done, it can also be a quick way to do attacks in fighting games, especially on SSB Melee. The Z button and L/R triggers are some of my favorites, they're pressure sensitive in several games and sometimes you don't have to press them too hard for them to work, which is a plus. The analog stick also works really well, as I said earlier, its what makes Smash Bros worth playing and it does it better than any other controller out there. The d-pad is probably the biggest complaint, its small but for options its a really great d-pad, i've played fighting games like Soul Calibur 2 in it and its not as bad as some people say, it gets the job done if you know how to handle it well. As for the overall shape of the controller, this is the best feature by far. Its a comfortable controller that fits well in just about anyone's hands since it has a full grip and doesn't feel bulky (some problems the PS2 and Xbox controllers had) and not to mention its good to carry. In conclusion, this controller is definitely one of the best in all of gaming, and as Nintendo's longest lasting controller it definitely deserves its recognition. Without it, games like Smash Bros wouldn't be as popular today.