• Advertisement

Griefing

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

I hate to bring this topic up, but this is something that has been an issue as of late: griefing.

Let me remind you of our policy on griefing: don't do it or you'll get banned on the first offense. There will not be a warning.

Yes, I'm serious. Do it once, and you're banned off of SpongeCraft.

Why am I so harsh? Let me review a SMALL list of historic things on SpongeCraft that have been ruined due to griefing:

• Mall #1
  • Every single building on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the now defunct New Spongecraftia
  • Old Spongecraftia Park
  • Many sprites (they take hours to build each!)
  • Mall stores in Mall #2
  • The original Squidward and Squilliam of #SquidPlague
  • hilaryfan80's Castle of DOOOOOOOOM

Griefing is funny only to yourself. Everyone else cries over your stupidity. There's other ways to have fun on SpongeCraft that are safe and non-destructive. If you want to blow something up desperately, you can ask hilaryfan80 to make a copy of what you want to blow up so that you don't blow up the original. But never destroy anything that you do not have permission to destroy.

There's so many other things that have been destroyed due to griefing, so this is why I'm enacting this new rule:

If you get back on SpongeCraft after being banned from griefing, you will be permanently banned off of SBC as well, and your name will be mentioned to SBM and CraftBuddy Mania staff as well. Don't think you can wreck havoc on SBC and be "safe" on SBM, or vice versa.

In other words, don't ever do it. Not even once.

I am also offering a reward for anyone who successfully reports griefers. You will get 50,000 doubloons as well as early access to the next SBC feature to be released. You will also get 5,000 doubloons extra if your report includes a screenshot of the griefer destroying things.

Just don't do it guys. It's just a game.

Guest hilaryfan80

I only remember the one back from like January, what happened this time?

Within the course of 12 or so hours, there were two griefings, both in the same location: the spawn area. Naturally, that's where all the historic buildings are. Yep, most of them had to be rebuilt.

Griefing is bad. Who in there dumb mind would destroy a project someone worked so hard on.

I am also offering a reward for anyone who successfully reports griefers. You will get 50,000 doubloons as well as early access to the next SBC feature to be released. You will also get 5,000 doubloons extra if your report includes a screenshot of the griefer destroying things.

Nice reward :)

• Like 2