• Advertisement

Daredevil [Netflix Original Series]

terminoob

It's finally here! The first of Marvel's Netflix original series! (still to come: AKA Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Defenders).

Each episode seems to be an hour long, so get ready for binge watching to take up your whole day.

I just finished the first episode and am currently holding off on the rest because I have class today, but holy crap is it great. Charlie Cox was spot-on casting for Matt Murdock (probably because of the alliteration in the names). The first episode itself does a great job establishing where the show fits in with the rest of the Marvel Universe, it gives a real nice backstory to Murdock, and it features a heavy dose of Foggy. I'm excited to see where this show decides to go - Murdock spends the majority of the first episode not in costume, which I really enjoyed. I just hope the show can maintain the balance they have.

Anyone else stoked for this and the other Marvel Netflix originals or am I the only one here that cares?

You're not the only one who cares, buddy.

I'm a huge MCU fan, and I'm currently binging thus and I plan on watching the other Netflix shows. I really like that they're replicating what they did for The Avengers, for the Defends, albeit on a smaller scale.

What. A. Goddamn. Shame.

This is such an injustice to an otherwise an excellent series and a great adaptation. Now I normally don't like discussions of why Daredevil is so damn good and other shows suck ass because I really like to love other marvel netflix shows (even Iron Fist after such a big improvement in its second season) and Daredevil, I can find it too praised at times but man, after finishing season 3, Daredevil managed to become one of the best comic books shows ever. With its ballsy action scenes; gripping character study; themes of guilt, forgiveness, religion, corruption and justice; beautiful cinematrography and fantastic acting. It's definitely not perfect (season 2, while I love so much, had some pacing issues and unremarkable Hand plot) but I loved so many moments in the show. Of all nerflix shows, this show's cancelation hurts me the most. At the very least, It's not like Luke Cage and Iron Fist where they set up something even bigger and more excitement and it left us with huge cliffhangers. It still had one at the end but anything before that was wrapped up so perfectly that it could even serve as a good finale but still there's still potential lost here with 

Spoiler

building up Bullseye in season 3 to be the biggest threat in season 4 and now we won't get the full Bullseye experience, even though I loved what they did with his character in season 3.

I hope that Jessica Jones and Punisher wrap up their stories because I would hate to see them ending up like others. I'm gonna miss the show and other marvel netflix shows that got canned unless Disney revives them in their own stream service but still keep the same quality and tone.

Goodbye The Man Without Fear.