• Advertisement

Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End)

Patty Rose

Since I've noticed there aren't any threads for these movies (Please tell me there ain't, I used search) I've decided to make a thread for all of these movies as they are part of the cornetto trilogy. These include 2004's Shaun of the Dead, 2007's Hot Fuzz and 2013's The World's End. All movies are directed by Edgar Wright, written by Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg and stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. The name 'Cornetto trilogy' comes from the three different flavours of the ice cream, cornetto which are shown in each movie and even represents the kind of the movie. Shaun of the Dead uses a red flavoured cornetto as it's a horror comedy and red represents blood. Hot Fuzz uses a blue flavoured cornetto as it's a action comedy and blue represents police, and The World's End uses a green flavoured cornetto as it's a science fiction comedy and green represents aliens.

So far, I've only seen Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Both are great and funny movies and I'm hoping to see The World's End sometime soon.

What's your thoughts on the cornetto trilogy.

Shaun of the Dead is pretty good, but I don't find it as great as nearly everyone else does.

Hot Fuzz on the other hand is fantastic. Best of the trilogy so far since I haven't seen The World's End...yet.