• Advertisement

Asperger Syndrome

Sweat

58 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Well the way I see it as that everyone regardless of mental conditions has weird quirks. Autists/Aspies have their own weird quirk, I wouldn't consider it something extra.

If it were a straight-up mental disorder, I wouldn't say that, but aspergers, at least high-functioning, is just a different set-up to me.

Well, in addition to possible Autism I have a few legitimate mental disorders like I've told you many times. And you're right, everyone has weird quirks, but neurodiverse quirks are more severe and can handicap them in some aspects.

Guest hilaryfan80
6 minutes ago, Slam Lord BBBB said:

bump, but very meaningful

It's ok. We approve bumps like this.

I don't know if a lot of people know this, but psychologists no longer recognize Asperger Syndrome anymore; it was reclassified as part of the "Autism Spectrum Disorder" as a lower severity level. It's just an interesting thought. I have no problems if people want to associate themselves with Aspergers, but it's interesting to say the least that it's no longer a diagnosable disorder.

Heck that, I have Asperger's syndrome. I was diagnosed with it before the change. My notes still say Aspergers.

There are multiple types of autism, I say it's one close, buts there's stil a difference in my books.

Do you want me to talk about my childhood

I will anyway.

You see it all started in preschool. 

I was a small child. Interests, plastic and Mr maker. And Thomas. And mighty machi..

I was always weird as a kid.

The first sign I had the Aspergers(can we call it assburgers from now on? No.. Ok) was the smells. 

I had a horrible fear of fruit, which I THINK was caused by the cruel daycare lady...... I don't want to talk about ir

But to make a long sad story short, after daycare finished I hated fruit, and people.

Becuase of my new fear of fruit, and old born sensitivity to smells, I sat in the corner of class

Kindergarden. I met my rival, Chris.

1st grade suckkkkkkked. I hated my teacher, and met my two childhood enemy's, Quinn and aspen.

I got put on medication after. 

TO BE CONTINUED

On 8/12/2017 at 11:25 PM, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

It's ok. We approve bumps like this.

I don't know if a lot of people know this, but psychologists no longer recognize Asperger Syndrome anymore; it was reclassified as part of the "Autism Spectrum Disorder" as a lower severity level. It's just an interesting thought. I have no problems if people want to associate themselves with Aspergers, but it's interesting to say the least that it's no longer a diagnosable disorder.

Are you paying attention to my story.

YOU WERENT WERE YOU

Guest hilaryfan80
On 8/12/2017 at 11:32 PM, Slam Lord BBBB said:

Heck that, I have Asperger's syndrome. I was diagnosed with it before the change. My notes still say Aspergers.

There are multiple types of autism, I say it's one close, buts there's stil a difference in my books.

Do you want me to talk about my childhood

I will anyway.

You see it all started in preschool. 

I was a small child. Interests, plastic and Mr maker. And Thomas. And mighty machi..

I was always weird as a kid.

The first sign I had the Aspergers(can we call it assburgers from now on? No.. Ok) was the smells. 

I had a horrible fear of fruit, which I THINK was caused by the cruel daycare lady...... I don't want to talk about ir

But to make a long sad story short, after daycare finished I hated fruit, and people.

Becuase of my new fear of fruit, and old born sensitivity to smells, I sat in the corner of class

Kindergarden. I met my rival, Chris.

1st grade suckkkkkkked. I hated my teacher, and met my two childhood enemy's, Quinn and aspen.

I got put on medication after. 

TO BE CONTINUED

Are you paying attention to my story.

YOU WERENT WERE YOU

Hey, multiposting isn't allowed. :P I have merged your posts.

And some people kinda have lives... I wasn't intentionally ignoring your story. But yeah, the reason why Aspergers is not considered a disorder anymore is because psychologists found that Aspergers is nothing more than mild autism. That's why it's not a thing anymore, but if you wish to identify yourself as having Aspergers, nobody is stopping you. :)

You had a rival in Kindergarten? wow.

People with Aspergers, I like to think, are some of the most creative people you can encounter today. Take a look at my work on SBC, for instance.

The downside to having such creative minds is fleeting interests, which can change on a whim for some. This can have the effect of whatever projects you have on the table be either canned or put on hiatus.

...No idea why I posted this, just felt like sharing.

13 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

People with Aspergers, I like to think, are some of the most creative people you can encounter today. Take a look at my work on SBC, for instance.

The downside to having such creative minds is fleeting interests, which can change on a whim for some. This can have the effect of whatever projects you have on the table be either canned or put on hiatus.

Cool

anyway back to my story.

Getting out on medication killed my appetite and pooper, but I didn't interrupt anymore.

I spent most of 3rd and 2nd grade trying to make friends........ Not a single one was made.

Also my grandma died. Both of em.

Then we moved too Calgary and still no friends. So I gave up and was like "Friends, ha, who needs em right" most of the people their also had mental issues as it once a special school, I tended to hang out of the other high functioning autistics. Most of em had adhd and add, but we had a few ocds, a couple who got violently angry(we had atleast two incidents a year) a few depressed ones, a literal psychopath, and a bipolar. What a crew we were.

So my band of friends turned out to be Two autistic kids, an ADHD guy, and Mr I have no emotions and am using you all.

Also at this point I started thinking how much better I was then everyone else, except J. He was really smart too. He always finished 10 seconds latter then me.

After a few years autistic one transferred, add kid moved to Carolina, and Psychopath got sent to a school prison were he lives full time.(really regret showing him those forensic files episode) although his viruses still live on in our system.

I got taken off meds, met another autistic kid, and the bipolar girl, and currently enjoying summer

So, 8th grade soon starts.Who knows what will happen? Will what happen

13 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Oh yeah that last part happens a lot.

ALOT.

Anyway back to my life story

On 1/3/2015 at 10:07 PM, CyanideFishbone said:

I have asperger's.

It isn't that bad but i've never really been socially awkward. 

I've figured out a lot since this.

I know why it didn't make me socially awkward. Not to sound too depressing, but this was from a part in my life turning around from about a year or two straight of depression where I refound confidence in myself and made a lot of new friends, which have mostly moved on and I've made other new friends. I've always been socially awkward and it never quite occurred to me why a lot of people were ehh on me as a person and while a lot were dicks, I was socially awkward as hell and I'm still socially awkward as hell, if not more than ever. Despite asking out 4 girls and getting rejected and having a decent amount of female friends, I'm typically really shy around girls but I've been getting better recently, and socially in general but I'm still socially awkward. I've got a nasty habit of changing subjects constantly and trying to splice my specific interests into conversations with people. But the latter is kind of a thing with Asperger's where I get too into things, which isn't bad, but if you gave me the time I could probably talk about shit like DBZ/Bleach/early Simpsons/Naruto/FMA for hours straight.