• Advertisement

MTV Video Music Awards 2014

Clappy

This is tonight.  Here are the categories and nominees:

Video of the Year Best Male Video Best Female Video Artist to Watch Best Pop Video Best Rock Video Best Hip-Hop Video MTV Clubland Award Best Collaboration Best Direction Best Choreography Best Visual Effects Best Art Direction Best Editing Best Cinematography Best Video with a Social Message Best Lyric Video

Oh and Beyonce is winning some special award tonight.  But let's face it, this is more recognizable for the antics and performances, so let me go ahead and post those too:

Ariana Grande
Zedd "Break Free"[4]Beyoncé Medley of Self-Titled Album   Iggy Azalea
Rita Ora "Black Widow"[5]Jessie J
Ariana Grande
Nicki Minaj "Bang Bang"[6]Maroon 5 "Maps"[7]Nicki Minaj "Anaconda"[8]Sam Smith "Stay with Me"[6]Taylor Swift[9] "Shake It Off"[10]Usher[11]
Nicki Minaj[12] "She Came to Give It to You"[12]5 Seconds of Summer[11]Amnesia

Thank you Wikipedia.

Oh and the house DJ is DJ Mustard so expect lots of "MUSTARD ON THE BEAT HOE" and same soundy synth beats.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/lorde-wins-vma-best-rock-video-actual-rock-bands-article-1.1915557

Ugh, again? Don't get me wrong, she deserved the award. Who wouldn't deserve an award?

Technically, I'd put her under the "Alternative" category. Maybe they were all pissed because she isn't much of a rock singer.

Oh, and can I add to the chorus of anger at how tasteless and pointless that Robin Williams tribute was? If you can't be bothered to do a proper tribute, don't.

I couldn't agree more. Playing 1 minute of a Coldplay song and showing a few pictures of Robin Williams isn't much of a tribute.

Seriously, fuck MTV right now. They cancel Beavis and Butthead over Jersey Shore and now this.

I don't get it.  Are Beyonce and Jay-Z done or not?  Because as sick as I am of hearing about the marital troubles of the two of them, they didn't seem to have tension during the show.

Still loathe Drunk in Love btw.