• Advertisement

save this showmie

kylie

Thoughts on Cheetah Girls 3? 

iconic but not as good as the others. raven not being there puts a real damper on things because she was the driving force of the first two movies, and i did not enjoy the character of Chanel as much once i discovered the shitty things she did to rob kardashian, and the things she continues to say about their family to this day. despite this fact, i was very happy that aqua returned for the third film. she is certainly a driving force, and she easily had the best performance of the three in this film. i also enjoy the fact that many cultures are represented in this film, and, despite a lack of queen Raven Syomné, there is still plenty of diversity. "namaste bombay" is an odd name for a movie, but there are worse movie titles i can think of (see: teen beach movie.) rahim is very similar to the spanish guy from the previous film, Cheetah Girls 2, but lacks the charm and originality that he possessed. it is worth noting that both characters have an eerie resemblance to Paolo from the superior Lizzie McGuire Movie, which could possibly hurt this movie in the long-run. despite this, he proves not to be too bad, if lacking originality. the idea that the budget can only allow one of the cheetahs was shocking to me, but the clear choice of Aqua makes this conflict easily resolvable. i was surprised to see each girls jealousy of the other brought up in this movie, although it is likely that if Raven had been there, they would have just let her be in the film considering the fact that she is more talented than all of the chickens in this film combined. for some bizarre reason, Channel is chosen as the lead, but refuses. in this situation i think Aqua shouldve abandoned those crusty hoes and played the lead, but of course they all decide that friendship is more valuable than $$$. the song "one world" still remains iconic.

overall score: 5/10 

• Like 2