• Advertisement

The Cast

Cha

We usually have either SB/Patrick, SB/Patrick/Squidward and etc but rarely the seven (including Gary) come together. You don't really have friendships between Squidward and Mr. Krabs with Sandy. (I used and because obviously Krabs/Squid do have a relationship going.) I admired season 7/8 though, there was a lot of episodes they actually came together on for once in a blue moon. (Ghoul Fools, Frozen Face-Off, Whelk Attack and etc.) I don't know, they just don't all seem like friends or are friendly to each other. Squidward and Plankton (to be fair he is a villian) never want to be there, Mr. Krabs only unites if it involves money and the rest actually cooperate. So I don't know, I've tried to warm up to the characters all together more but it just doesn't work as well as Squidward/SpongeBob, Patrick/SpongeBob and etc. I guess you don't have to have a group of friends exactly liking each other.

To be fair, it's not really a group of friends. It's not like HIMYM or Friends or That 70s Show. Spongebob, Patrick, and Sandy are friends, Mr. Krabs is the boss, and Squidward is just their neighbor. They're not exactly all friends; they just all know Spongebob.

I found it kind of strange in The Krabby Patty that ate Bikini Bottom how Mr. Krabs went to Sandy's and had a conversation with her like they talk every day. Don't get me wrong, I liked to see them show their relationship, but it did seem a bit strange and almost out of place.

• Like 1

For the sake of the plot, they cram them together as if they're all best buds. Mr. Krabs' relationship with Squidward is entirely business. I'd say the same with SpongeBob, but I think they're legitimate friends. Squidward and Mr. Krabs both know Patrick only through SpongeBob, and Sandy is like the third friend for SpongeBob and Patrick and her sole purpose is "friend," whereas Squidward is "neighbor" and Krabs is "boss." I think it's easier to create plots that would make circumstantial sense for Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Patrick, and SpongeBob to be in together than for any other set of combinations. That's why there's so many Krusty Krab episodes, it's the easiest character combination and easiest setup from a creative standpoint. 

• Like 1