• Advertisement

SB_DW_Fan's Top 50 Worst SpongeBob Episodes List

WhoBibbles

1.png

Rating: 2.5/10

This is definetly the most ironic Squidward episode ever made. I'm saying this because Squidward actually did something so bad that he deserved to be arrested. I know some people disagrees on that but Squidward deserved it because he was pretending to be like Squilliam to be a teacher at a music school and that's not right all. If Squidward got what he deserved, then why this episode is on the list? Let me tell you the name of two witnesses that were in this episode. SpongeBob and Patrick. Once when they were in this episode, the episode started to become really annoying. Now in pre-movie when Squidward does something truly bad, SpongeBob and Patrick appear and annoy him but that also makes us laugh. None of their moments, except a few moments like Patrick and mini-train, made me laugh. The only thing they did was making noises, ticking themselves, blah, blah, blah. It's so annoying. Another problem I had with this episode is that it's too slow. I think this episode wanted to be as successful as Artist Unknown (both episodes take mostly in one place, which kind of make them bottle episodes or at least to e) but the thing that was great about Aritst Unknown is that it didn't feel slow. It was really engergic and threw gags as much as it could and SpongeBob annoying Squidward work here because while Squidward was bad at being a art teacher, SpongeBob was good at drawing and all that stuff and it was done in a realy witty way. In this episode, no, it was only SpongeBob and Patrick annoying him without any charm or creativity whatsoever. I give this episode one credit for giving Squiward a good punishment (yeah, he gets arrested but usually there's no continuty in this show :P and it didn't feel as insulting as the next episode I'll talk about) but aside from that, this episode was a borefest in a really annoying way.

Hint for #17: Unknown one-time character

3.png

Now, I know I said I'm going to post my old review when I reach to a season 5 episode on the list but my old review for this was lame, so I decided to re-review this. This episode made me facepalm, maybe more than any SpongeBob episodes on this list. It's not the worst episode ever but it's the most WTF episode I've ever seen. Why? Lets find out. So in this episode, Mr. Krabs makes a competition for SpongeBob and Squidward. Whoever knows costumers' names the most, he'll get a reward and Squidward thinks it's a vacation, so Squidward cheats and that makes SpongeBob and Squidward equal. Mr. Krabs says the equality will be broken, If one of them knows the mysterious costumer's name first. The guy keeps saying "whatsittoya" and Squidward tries everything to get his name. He steals the guy's wallet to find out his name and later we find out that the guy's name is "Whatsittoya".

giphy.gif

And Squidward gets arrested for this. Now, I know this is supposed to be a joke, I know Squidward did something wrong for once and I really think his actions here were so stupid but unlike Professor Squidward, this was kind of insulting twist. All Squidward wanted was get a vacation and we know he barely gets a vacation but all this time the guy kept saying his name to Squidward but Squidward couldn't find it out until the end. And this a nit-pick but I think this is kind of that guy's fault too because he should've made it more clear because you know, his name is strange. At the end of this episode, Squidward gets arrested and he find out that the reward is actually a "brochure".

Waht20a20twist.jpg

I'm sure it's better than most of twists in M. Night Shyamalan movies but still all this time Squidward did something wrong for nothing. This made me facepalm too because it was so stupid, so cruel and it wasn't even funny. And we end the episode with Patrick being in jail as well. Yay, Squidward is getting torment. It was such a cruel way to end the episode and it wasn't even funny.

Hint for #16: Unknown creature that only we know.

Good Ol' Whatsisname is enjoyably stupid for me. It's like your standard kids' show fare. Definitely not the best SpongeBob has come up with, but not the worst by a long shot either.

I agree. It's stupid, but it's pretty short and harmless.

Sorry for not updating this quickly. I'm on vacation for a week and I'm spending a lot time relaxing and going Internet both, so It'll be hard to update this week. But anyway, here's

3.png

Here's a thing (no pun intended), I love season 4. I really do, I know people say this is the season when SpongeBob jumped the shark but even with a few bad episodes, this season brought us some of the best elements of pre-movie and post-movie mixed with a really charming animation but even with first three seasons, there were always couple of duds and this is one of them, in fact so much worse than any bad or meh pre-movie episodes. I usually don't mind Squidward abuse If it's done in a really funny and strange way or If Squidward deserves the abuse or If it's not too far and I personally think this episode took it too far. In this episode, Squidward rides his bike into a cement mixer and later he turns into a look-alike monster and when SpongeBob and Patrick find Squidward, they take him as a pet and the torment starts. Now, I know a lot people hate me for this but I find Squid Wood to be funny. Yeah, I felt bad for Squidward too but there were a lot non-sad Squidward moments that made me laugh. This epiosde had barely moments like that, except for Once Bitten reference and most of it was hearing Squidward in pain. I admit that SpongeBob and Patrick were likeable for trying to protect their pet that is Squidward but I'm not sure If I should support them because their annoyance got Squidward into this mess and Squidward was feeling really sad through this episode. Imagine If you were stuck with cement just like Squidward, you'd feel the same way too and this episode gave me the same feeling. I kin d of felt Squidward's sadness in this episode and I couldn't help feeling bad for him. Thank goodness, Squidward gets out of cement at the end but there's also that the creatures that looked like Squidward realized that Squidward is not a creature and I'm sure they attacked him but we'll never know. This is overall a really painful episode to sit through but this is still not the worst Squidward abuse episode, we'll get to that soon.

Hint for #15 A famous cameo scene in a really stupid episode.

Finally, I'm on my computer now. Sorry for waiting you guys. It's hard to enter computer these days. The list will be finished, don't worry but it's going to be slow.

36.png

Rating: 2/10

Remember when I said this episode has one famous scene? That is Pattrick NotStar. He was the best part of this episode. That character was actually funny and gave SpongeBob a good advice. Ohter that that and "End of the World" joke; there's nothing good to remember about this episode. First of all, this episode is so slow and it's hard to pay attention. That's because it spends the entire episode SpongeBob explaining hide and seeks to Patrick and SpongeBob searching for Patrick. Yeah, I have to compare this episode is early SpongeBob episodes cuz they have both similarities. This episode is just as simple as early episodes but the reason that made simple episodes great in the first place is because they had jokes in almost every second, characters were charming and their personalities weren't forced. Heck, even post-movie managed to pull it off sometimes like Roller Cowards, Skill Crane, Sweet and Sour Squidward, Plankton's Pet and Single Cell Aniversary. This episode has no soul whatsoever. Almost every joke in this episode is either annoying or very repetitive and the episode is very slow. As for characters SpongeBob was ok in this episode, however his journey to find Patrick was boring but Patrick was absolutely annoying in it. He tries too hard to make us laugh but instead, he annoys us. Ok, I like to laugh at Patrick's stupidity too but when it's really unique and not too stupid. His moments in this episode are too stupid. He doesn't even know how to hide and seeks and it takes a while for him to learn it and at the end, he doesn't remember at all. It's really hard to laugh at Patrick trying to learn hide and seeks because it's really forced. This episode tries too hard to be like early episodes but doesn't succeed. It actually could have been a classic SpongeBob episode. Ar least this episode is not as annoying or forced as the next episode, I'll talk about.

Hint for #14: A stalker boss

Sorry to say this but I can't continue reviewing every single episode on this list. I've lost interest in reviewing SpongeBob episodes (excluding second-post-movie era) because It's really hard to say something If everyone have already talked about these episodes so many times and I can't come up with a really intersting review, I'll definetly review my #1 on my list because I really want to talk about how I really feel about this episode now and the list wil be finally done. Here's my choices for 2-14 on this list and quick thoughts.

#14: Penny Foolish - A really annoying episode that turned Mr. Krabs into a stupid stalker for just one cent.

#13: Plankton's Regular - Could have been a really interesting episode but a lot jokes were really gross and I really felt bad for Plankton at the end. It has a few good moments tho such as SpongeBob's inpression of Karen and irony talk.

#12: The Battle of Bikini Bottom - I know some people like this episode but I'm not really fond of this episode because I really don't like gross-out humor in this show and oh boy, this episode was so gross.

#11: Squid's Visit - The last minite was great, everything else was awful. SpongeBob was so creepy to Squidward and it wasn't in a good way.

#10: Choir Boys - One of the worst perfomances of SpongeBob. He was such a jerk and he really annoyed me in this episode. A lof jokes are either gross drawing or long gags like throat gag.

#9: The Last of Triton - The most boring episode in this show and it was such a waste of potential. It could have been really epic or at least funny but it was just boring and the ending sucked.

#8: The Splinter - Tbh I'm still grossed-out by this episode, especially Patrick parts were disgusting. Rest of the episode wasn't intersting, it was boring and slow imo.

#7: All That Glitters - This episode was so annoying to sit through. I really cringed at every singly crying scenes in this episode and imo, it was worse than The Day Without Tears, that episode at least had an interesting plot and crying only lasted for 2 minutes.

#6: Stuck in the Wringer - What else can I say about this episode that hasn't already said before. Well the moral wasn't that important, it was just a joke, so I can let it slide but what I hated in this episode was SpongeBob's treatment. He was in pain in this episode and it wasn't in a cartoony way, I really felt bad for SpongeBob in this episode and Bikini Bottomies were assholes.

#5: Shuffleboaring - SpongeBob and Patrick were so stupid in this episode. They put Bikini Bottomies in jail for stupid reasons and it wasn't funny imo. Also I didn't like the ending when MM and BB got the punishment, not SB and Patrick.

#4-3: Pets or Pets and To Love a Patty - Disgusting, just disgusting.

#2: A Pal for Gary - SpongeBob's obliviousness really bothered me in this episode. This was his worst perfomance ever. That's all I can say.

Stay tuned for #1, which is obvious what's that episode is going to be but I'll talk about it soon, hopefully. Even If I don't, you all know what is my #1 is. Sorry for not reviewing these episodes, I'm not interested anymore.

14. In addition to those reasons, this episode meanders and remains completely boring.

13. Although my hatred toward this episode has died down recently, I still dislike it to a great extent for similar reasons.

12. This one never really stood out. It's gross, but I could never remember it well.

11. I'm usually fond of "creepy" episodes, but this is ridiculous.

10. This episode's in my bottom 3. In addition to the main flaws, it contains a stupidly large amount of anti-humor gags which ruin it completely.

9. I dislike this one for similar reasons.

8. Even without the gross parts, it's awful.

7. You nailed that description.

6. I'm not going to explain why this episode sucks. Everyone already knows why.

5. I hate this one.

4 and 3. These episodes have no clue how gross-out jokes work. Plus, 3 is boring.

2. See my thoughts on #6.

No more laziness, THIS GARBAGE LIST ENDS NOW!!!

35.png

Before starting this, lets just say a few opinions are changed. Karate Island isn't a bad episode to me anymore, it still has flaws and it's humorless but it's more meh than bad and the more I think of SpongeBob You're Fired, the more I dislike it, it's the laziest SpongeBob episode ever made. Consider Karate Island and SYF's places have been switched. Anyway, here's my review of the episode.

Rating: 0/10

You know what, I'm not gonna lie, this is the most overhated SpongeBob episode ever. Heck, I even hated so much when I saw this episode. Over the years, the hatrid of this have gotten old and I have seen way worse stuff than One Coarse Meal like 60% of season 12 and 13 of Family Guy, Allen Gregory, Brickleberry, The Return of the Slade episode of Teen Titans Go and more. I no longer hate this episode and any of bad SpongeBob episodes. I also think some of stuff that people bring it up are really overreactive. I'm gonna talk about them.

- People seem to have problem with writers forgetting that whales doesn't just eat planktons, they also eat crab or something like that. Hello, we are talking about a show that doesn't even follow logic, so I really don't have a problem with Pearl not trying to eat Mr. Krabs (that actually sounds like a great idea for creepypasta (smirk) ). Also people seem to have a problem with Plankton being afraid of Pearl, while in The Algae's Always Greener, he didn't have problem with interacting with Pearl. Ok, that's just a nit-pick imo, SpongeBob has a weak continuty and has no logic, even in pre-movie. If you are still bothered by it, I personally think Plankton didn't have problem with Pearl in TAAG because the episode takes place in a paralel universe, where Plankton is Mr. Krabs. In that universe, Plankton has raised Pearl, he must have teached Pearl that she shouldn't eat plankons, it's a theory of mine but still like I said, the show has weak continuty.

- SpongeBob's line about being a good nature pissed people off because SpongeBob is a creepy stalker. I think they seem to stuck in season 6 and forget about rest of the show. Yes, SpongeBob is an annoying person who bothers Squidward everyday, that's always in his character. Yeah, they took it too far with turning him into a stalker in season 6 but he's still a good nature sponge in rest of the series, he bring joy and happiness to people, even to jerks like Plankton and since season 7 (with some exceptions of course), he has slowly turned into his old self again. Don't just look at SpongeBob's negative side, there's a good side of him as well.

- And the biggest complaint of all, the suicide part. Ok, I have to admit, the suicide part was too dark for SpongeBob standarts and Mr. Krabs laughing at that makes the situation even worse. However, it's a really overhated scene for so many reasons. People seem to get overreact and get mad at writers putting the scene in this kids show and it not being censored; while they seem to praise a lot shows with dark content like Gravity Falls, Legend of Korra Invader Zim, Ren and Stimpy. Yes, those shows are supposed to be dark because their concept are dark and Spongebob isn't supposed to be dark but out of context, those shows have more messed up stuff than the suicide scene in SpongeBob. The Invader Zim episode about Zim damaging Dib in the past and slowing killing him, the animal bleeding scene in Gravity Falls and the main villain of season 3's Legend of Korra choking a woman by taking her air are more messed up than a tiny sea creature waiting to get run over by a bus. Also SpongeBob wasn't always a light hearted kid show in the first place, don't you guys remember I Was A Teenage Gary, Dying for Pie, SpongeBob Meets the Strangler and Nasty Patty; those episodes' concepts are really dark for a kids show and yes, they are executed well but that's not an excuse for overreacting to one scene, while not to other dark stuff in this show and other shows. People want to see dark stuff in kids shows, yet they complain about the suicide part in this episode, that's just hypocrisy. Enough talking about it, lets talk about why this is my least favorite SpongeBob episode.

The main reason why this episode is my #1 is the fact that Mr. Krabs is at his worst. I really don't like Mr. Krabs for the most part because it's a theif, a jerk, cheap and greedy. He's good when his bad side is tone down and he's a father figure to SpongeBob. Him in this episode is just him being an a-hole to Plankton. Yes, you could say that Plankton and Mr. Krabs are enemies and him being a jerk to Plankton is understandable but the main difference is that Mr. Krabs uses Plankton's phobia to scare him for fun, not because of competition or something like that. Also he's supposed to be a good guy, good guys don't mess up with bad guys for fun. Yeah, Mr. Krabs is a jerk character but Plankton is the villain of the show and because of that, we are supposed to root for Mr. Krabs' actions but you can't root for his actions in this episode. Also it's not fun to watch Mr. Krabs being a jerk to Pkankton, while Plankton is at his worst situation. Sure, Plankton is also an evil character who did harmful things (first movie comes to find) but Plankton has already got what he deserved at the begining of the episode. So why make Mr. Krabs keep torturing him? We are confused about this episode because it's hard to root for either of them, yet you have to root for the villain of the show because he's the one who's getting torment. And then he decided to give up on life and Mr. Krabs just laughs at that. Yeah, he laughs, am I supoosed to root for the guy who is laughing at a suicide attempt? No, heck, If I had a worst enemy, I wouldn't even want him to drive him to suicide. Mr. Krabs laughing at the situation really makes things worse for the episode. And there's also the ending when SpongeBob wants to help Plankton but later backstabs Plankton because he has to protect Mr. Krabs. I don't get it, why would SpongeBob help Plankton, yet betray him at the end of the episode? Yes, he cares about Mr. Krabs and his job but he knows what Mr. Krabs is doing wrong, yet betrays Plankton. Spongebob isn't a character that he's always on Mr. Krabs' side, there are times that he thinks what he is doing is wrong and he manages to stop him. Here, he doesn't even let Mr. Krabs get what he deserves. The whole tending is just confusing and makes no sense. As you can see, the episode is so poorly-done. It's hard to know which character we are supposed to root for because two of them are bad, yet you can't help but root for the victim and he loses at the end and the ending is really confusing. Added to bonus, I personally don't find anything in this episode funny, SpongeBob is supposed to be a comedy but this episode failed to make me laugh. I can still like an episode of SpongeBob that is low on humor but the episode is really badly-written, I can't even like it. I really think it's the worstly-written episode, the show has ever done. Not the laziest because that honor goes to SpongeBob You're Fired but with so many reasons I've mentioned above makes this episode my all-time least favorite SpongeBob episode. Do I hate it? Not anymore. Is it overhated? Yes. Does it deserve to be banned? No, people overreacted to this episode. Yet is it still your least favorite episode? Yes.

Feel free to agree or disagree with my review. I personally think those reasons make this episode my least favorite episode. As I promised, the list is finished. God, it took it so long. Sorry for not reviewing a few of episodes on the list because of the reasons I mentioned. I'm also sorry for the late review, I lost interested in reviewing SpongeBob, except for new episodes. So yeah, the list is over, BITCH. THE GARBAGE LIST IS FINALLY FUCKING OVER. YEAH BITCH, FUCK.

I hope you all enjoyed my review and thanks for everyone who followed this list, I love you guys so much. I see you in a next Spongebob list, it'll probably never be about worst things about the show, lol.