• Advertisement

The Official Mario Kart 8 Discussion

jdfr03

I'm sorry but getting blue shelled, red shelled, then starred or bulleted in Mario Kart Wii got absolutely ridiculous.... or trying to save a Golden Mushroom only to get Bullet Billed RIGHT WHEN YOU GET IT, list goes on and on.....you can only go so far ahead until someone rubberbands up.... it's good to see that even if you start getting plummeted by items, you can have a Starman or Super Horn in reserve to save yourself... just like it always was until Double Dash.

And from what I've heard from people, the CPU themselves are much more skilled, so maybe not that easy. :P

If it was that frustrating then change the difficulty

Have to agree with E.V.I.L. here. Mario Kart Wii's AI was uneven as fuck. It was red shells, blue shells, ink splats, and lightning bolts galore when you reach first place compared to past renditions....and I actually kinda enjoyed that about the game no matter how frustrating it got. It taught you to be more careful with banana peels and other items to protect yourself from potential attacks.

If it was that frustrating then change the difficulty

Then it gets too easy and the CPU don't do anything :P

That was my main problem with MKWii... there was never a balance

Have to agree with E.V.I.L. here. Mario Kart Wii's AI was uneven as fuck. It was red shells, blue shells, ink splats, and lightning bolts galore when you reach first place compared to past renditions....and I actually kinda enjoyed that about the game no matter how frustrating it got. It taught you to be more careful with banana peels and other items to protect yourself from potential attacks.

There's nothing wrong with tons of items as long as they're not cheap.... but then when you get a good item only to get run over by a star the second you see the item... pretty cheap... and then the blue-red shell combo  :P

It's harder to protect yourself in this game though as you can't hold any items out behind you  :P

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

While I find the Koopa siblings to be completely unnecessary characters, I have had absolutely no problems with this game so far. The courses are absolute eye candy and some even challenging. What I particularly like about this installment more so than the past couple is how Nintendo actually took the time to renovate some of the past courses in an attempt to make them look not dated. Obviously you can tell which ones were from what game, but even the SNES and GBA Mario Kart courses look stunning.

Haven't tried the "new" Battle mode yet, which I've heard many complain about. Probably not going to anytime soon since I have rarely played Battle mode in any of the games since Double Dash.

Bottom line, this game is an absolute must have and hopefully this helps pick up unit sales for the Wii U badly.

Oh and also, you guys should race me. Some of you obviously need to redeem yourselves from previous ass kickings in Mario Kart by yours truly...and by that I mean Aquatic Nuggets and ExKizuna:

Spoiler

Nintendo Network ID: bobeh123

This game is pretty good so far but much to easy. The koopalings are probably my least favorite things in the game.

I'm not entirely against the Koopalings inclusion. They have been desperate for new characters definitely, but I do agree that their inclusion over characters like Diddy Kong and Birdo is kinda stupid.

Whenever im doing grand prix and wanna continue to the next race I always press view highlight reel thats so annoying

I do that too

and this game nailed item balance... for first place 

The amount of times I've gotten stuck in the pack as a 2nd or 3rd only to be red shelled to death to 12th D:

btw I THINK my nintendonetwork ID is llamaspongephoto, but I'm not entirely sure... but yes Clappy, I finally revealed it so one day, racing shall happen :smirk:

• Like 1

UPDATE: MARIO KART 8 TEAMS UP MECERDES BENS

Nintendo has annouced that they are creating downloadable content for the game. It will allow Mario and friends to drive a Mecerdes Bens car! It will release this summer!

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/mario_kart_8_dlc_confirmed_for_japan_with_free_mercedes_car

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/08/27/new-mario-kart-8-dlc-brings-new-tracks-bikes-and-characters-to-nintendos-hit-racing-game/

I'm excited yet befuddled about the inclusion of Link and Animal Crossing characters as DLC. But I'm all but positive that this is going to be awesome.