• Advertisement

Star Wars Rebels

Welp, I guess this is what is replacing Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

From Toonzone:

The Hollywood Reporter states Greg Weisman will be executive producer, along with Dave Filoni, on the upcoming Star Wars Rebels animated series, coming 2014 to Disney XD. The article continues:

Disney has greenlighted Star Wars Rebels, which will launch in fall 2014 as a one-hour special on Disney Channel before debuting as a full-fledged TV series on Disney XD, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Production has already begun.

Simon Kinberg (X-Men: First ClassSherlock Holmes) serves as executive producer and will write the premiere episode. Dave Filoni, who was supervising director on Star Wars: The Clone Wars (which ran from 2008-13 on Cartoon Network), and Greg Weisman (The Spectacular Spider-ManYoung Justice) will also executive produce. Casting will be announced at a later date.

Star Wars Rebels takes place between Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, which spans about two decades. The animated series is set "in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape." (Lucasfilm delayed animated effort Star Wars Detours from Seth Green, which would have taken place between Episode III and Episode IV.)

Thoughts?

star-wars-rebels-logo.jpg

The new Star Wars animated series coming to Disney XD next fall.  So far, all that is known is that it takes place between Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, in which the Galactic Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking form.

I know it's a little far ahead of schedule to make a topic for this, but I know how passionate of a Star Wars and animation fanbase this site has.  So thoughts?