• Advertisement

New SpongeBob App: "SpongeBob Moves In"!

spongebobapantis

The app that was indirectly announced a few months back, actually in August last year, is finally coming to an iDevice near you! The new app entitled "SpongeBob Moves In" allows players to build their own Bikini Bottom and play various games along the way. There seems to be quests/jobs for players to complete as well. 

Here's EW.com's take on the game: 

SpongeBob Moves In is a city-building app that attempts to make those old dreams of living in a pineapple under the sea more of a reality by allowing players to build their very own Bikini Bottom. The best part? The game will allow players to unlock background stories on all the characters — so it’s your lucky day if you ever wanted to learn all about Sandy’s pre-ocean life. The app also contains a bunch of random short videos featuring Squidward, Patrick, and all the rest.

While learning more about Plankton, users also have to strive to keep the residents happy by fulfilling wishes and racking up “Jellyfish Jelly.” To keep spirits up, it might be time to break out some Slimy Dancing à la SpongeBob.

The app launches on Thurs., June 6. The trailer and a Sneak Peek can be found on their website thru this very simple link! 

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/06/05/spongebob-squarepants-spongebob-moves-in-app/

What do you guys think about the app?

• Like 3

Sounds promising, hopefully we'll learn more about Sandy's life.

According to a few people who have played the game before in the UAE, there is indeed going to be a fair share of Sandy's life in the game! It's gonna be great! Just trust me.

It's probably just another Zynga FaceBook-style game - build a while until the game nearly stops your progress entirely by spamming and harassing you with coin offers, deals, et cetera. The premise though, is interesting, I'll give them that, and I hope someone leaks the backstories soon. Would've reviewed for my Retrospective if it was a freebie.

Decided to get this game because It promised backstories and I'm a sucker for these types of games. To be honest, this game's kind of mediocre. A lot of the characters you'd want to move in are freenium, there's little motivation, and while the game can be fun at times, it's dull.  At least the freenium products come around often. If I were to recommend this game, I'd recommend it for a lower price. At least you can play offline, and at least it has some nods to some episodes and one-time characters and jokes.