• Advertisement

Deleted Scenes

Shark Tale

Ah yes, there are many deleted scenes in the history SB episodes. Elastic, CDCB and I have found some deleted scenes. Most are real, but some could be fake. We have known about some of these, but here is a complete list of deleted scenes.

United States

Just One Bite-Infamous "gas" scene was cut out because of some Nick exec freaking out about 9/11. Jay Lender confirmed it in an email.

Procrastination-Carnival, race-car, and castheletics were all cut out for time. Included on all DVD releases.

Life of Crime-Original airing had SB saying "no more getting nailed", followed by Patrick nailing a hammer in his head. Changed to "no more getting mail" for obvious reasons.

One Krab's Trash-Spongebob originally said, "You'll never guess what I found in my pants last night", but pants was changed to socks for obvious reasons.

Mermaidman and Barnacle Boy 4- Apparently, a scene involving destroying furniture in Spongebob's head was removed. It was removed so kids couldn't be encouraged to do graffiti.

Fry Cook Games-Original few airings had Spongebob and Patrick holding hands. This scene was re-animated to them holding shoulders to avoid controversy.

The Sponge Who Could Fly-There is a deleted scene in the storyboard that had Patchy ripping off a Spongebob Band-aid when destroying his SB stuff. There's another one where Patchy visits a store while following the map to the lost episode. Yet again, there was a scene with the French Narrator saying "Will SpongeBob learn to fly? Stay tuned." is cut from the US DVD releases of "The Sponge Who Could Fly." Also, Spongebob smiled nervously when the townspeople joked about him to look for a statue to poop on.

Sailor Mouth-Apparently, there was planned to be a scene that had Spongebob saying "Go ::dolphin noise:: yourself" followed by Patrick saying "::dolphin noise:: you too!" during the Eels and Escalators Game, but it never aired. Edited out for obvious reasons.

Hooky-The original airing apparently had the dead fish who's shoes are seen being strung up. Either removed due to death or time.

New Student Starfish-In the original storyboard featured on the DVD, after Patrick leaves in the end of the episode, SpongeBob says "Can I have his star?" It also shows Patrick looking at the calendar in the classroom and seeing the number 24 on it before he introduces himself as that.

Something Smells- Due to an error, some lines were messed up in the Season 2 DVD. One involved Patrick saying to the fish in the bathroom," Hello, how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?" The Fish then said," I don't know." The other one had SpongeBob saying "I just don't get it" to the building instead of "Hi building". Also, the commentary said Squidward had a deleted line at the end of the episode. He said," Ugly and smelly, two for one."

Graveyard Shift-The DVD Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies features Tom Kenny and Rodger Bumpass recording the scene. It also includes storyboards of the episode and a deleted scene, in which SpongeBob delivers the mail to "Floorboard Harry" "at night". Floorboard Harry was also originally going to be the one responsible for flickering the lights, not Nosferatu.

Karate Island - The dedication card at the end of the episode has been cut out ever since the Best Day Ever airings. Also, the original airing had some hard to see blood on Master Udon's face after being beat up by Sandy.

Truth or Square - In all reruns, the scenes of Patchy going to the Nicktoons Animation Studio and calling up various celebrities was cut out. A deleted line in the marriage scene after the priest says he didn't know the wedding was play, SpongeBob says, "It doesn't have to be" which causes Sandy to slap him.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V - Tons of deleted scenes that can be seen on the "Fear of a Krabby Patty" DVD special features.

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie- There is a deleted scene included on the DVD that includes Spongebob and Patrick meeting Sandy on land. Also, during Spongebob's awakening in The Goofy Goober Party Boat, he asks for a "double fudge spinny". This rejected line was used in a storybook based on the movie released during the time.

Spongebob Vs. The Big One-The part where Squidward has heatstroke and says they might have to serve calamari on the menu, he starts to hallucinate the cash register talking to him, saying that calamari is unpopular, especially with pregnant women, but recalls seeing a "funny-looking seahorse". Mr. Krabs asks Squidward if he was talking to him, and Squidward responds, "No, just my hallucinations" 

Chocolate With Nuts-The original airing had Patrick saying, "I wish my nuts were chocolate!" and then showed him pulling out a bag of nuts, but this was cut for very obvious reasons.

Plankton!-According to the commentary, a scene involving Squidward being naked was cut.

SquidBob TentaclePants-The ending with Squidward being fused with everyone was cut out for a while, but someone claims it is still sometimes cut out.

Christmas Who?-On the Season 2 DVD, Patchy's line at the beginning of the second half of the show, "It's about time you got back! Now I can finish me story," is cut due to there being no commercials on the DVD.

Pre-Hibernation Week- The commentary for Prehibernation Week has the mentioning of an alternate ending. Instead of SpongeBob laughing when realizing Sandy began her hibernation, originally he was going to be annoyed by that.

Squilliam Returns-Squidward being one-upped in everything in life by Squilliam was cut. One of the things included Squidward giving his date a Box of chocolates, but Squilliam gave her something better.

Fear of a Krabby Patty-On the Storyboard, they show Plankton waiting for Spongebob instead of him having to get him up immediately after sitting down.

Dunces and Dragons-On the Season 4, Volume 1 DVD, the storyboard shows Spongebob and Patrick making sure they are ok after falling out of the sky.

Clams-Spongebob originally said Coral Blue Lipstick Number 4 before getting hit. Also, when the music starts, the band was shown before Mr. Krabs began dancing.

WhoBob WhatPants?- Tons of deleted scenes can be found in the storyboard for this.

The Great Patty Caper- There is a deleted scene in which SpongeBob and Patrick are running from car to car when they were chasing Plankton. The extended version is still shown on Nick.com. The reason this part was probably deleted was for more commercial time.

Shanghaied- The alternate endings. Can be watched on YouTube.

Friend or Foe?- There is a two second deleted scene of the formula flying through the air before the glass shatters. Can be found on the "Friend or Foe?" DVD in the "Original Uncut Animatic" special feature.

Survival of the Idiots-According to the Season 2 DVD commentary and in the storyboard, there's a deleted scene where Sandy's bed was hanging from the ceiling, and there was much more saliva.

Bubble Buddy Returns- When SpongeBob was at Squidward's house looking for Shiny, there was going to be a scene where he opened the cabinet to see a picture of Ernest Borgnine's face.

Squid's Day Off - There was originally a scene with Squidward's arms breaking off.

Fools in April - There was originally a scene where SpongeBob pulls a prank involving stuffing Krabby Patties in his face.

United Kingdom

Scaredy Pants-In the UK Broadcast, the part where Patrick trims Spongebob is cut out for some strange reason.

Edited by jjsthekid

Just One Bite - Real.

Procrastination - Real. Though I heard rumors that it was cut out due to the graphic live-action racecar clip.

Sailor Mouth - I don't really think Nick's censors would allow that, even back in 2001. I'm surprised they even let "How the **** are you?" pass.

Hooky - I don't believe I've seen the original airing, but I don't think SpongeBob would go that far with violence.

Plankton! - True. I don't think it actually aired though.

New Student Starfish - I do recall a deleted scene in that episode, but I'm not too sure what happened in it.

Something Smells - So true. There's also a mistake in the DVD version where SpongeBob says "I just don't get it" to the building instead of "Hi building".

Graveyard Shift - Cool.

Secret Box - Definitely fake. I've watched that episode since it first started airing, and I never saw anything like that.

Life of Crime - Whoever posted that probably just misheard.

Here's a few more:

Karate Island - The dedication card at the end of the episode has been cut out ever since the Best Day Ever airings.

Truth or Square - In all reruns, the scenes of Patchy going to the Nicktoons Animation Studio and calling up various celebrities was cut out.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V - Tons of deleted scenes that can be seen on the "Fear of a Krabby Patty" DVD special features.

I literally lol'd at the person who thought the Rock Bottom one was real. No really, here is where it came from (Posted onto SB Mania) :

hi

I heard a rumor about a deleted scene in the episode rock bottom. the scene:when spongebob starts to run and to try to reach bus(when Patrick is inside the bus) the bus explode and spongebob falls in culvert and some blood animals start to eat it! it is ridicule! I think is fake. somebody knows if is true?

We might be finally be able to confirm some more of these. A user on Classicnickshows.net has some S2 an S3 original airings and is gonna post them! (not sure which ones that user has, but that's still awesome news) 125508.gif

Nice. 125508.gif Can't wait.

Nice. 125508.gif Can't wait.

Not sure how many that user has, or what episodes, but I know that user definetely has "Idiot Box", and "No Weenies Allowed". Any original airings of classic episodes of SB is awesome to have even if they aren't the episodes that might have deleted scenes. If that user has "Spongebob Meets The Strangler", or "Chocolate With Nuts" I might have a heart attack from excitement!