• Advertisement

Train

Clappy

I could have sworn Person made a topic for them. According to the "Search" function, there isn't a thread for them. So guess what, I'm making one.

I absolutely can't stand Train. They were harmless at first, I actually like Drops of Jupiter. But let's go over modern day Train:

One of the most mind numbing songs of the past decade. My mind goes numb every time I hear it. I mean the lyrics are ridiculously half-assed ("I'm so gangsta, I'm so thug" lolwut?). I mean come on Pat Monahan, you are in your mid-late 40s. Trying to modernize yourself is so 2000 and late.

Then comes two of their hits over the past year. I want you guys to listen to them very closely:

Is it just me or are they both the same damn song? Substitute the mariachi music and you pretty much have the same song as Drive By. Oh and Drive By is not a good song either: "I'm just a shy guy looking for a 2 ply hefty bag to hold my love". Lolwut? HEFTY BAG!?! It sounds you like want to bury your love bro, not hold it.

What I'm trying to say is that out of all the bands of the 90s, Train is the one that has gotten progressively worse and is somehow still relevant. I wish Matchbox Twenty was more relevant. I wish 3 Doors Down was more relevant. Hell, I wish New Kids on the Block was more relevant. I don't hate Train. I just hate what they have become.

I honestly don't find their recent stuff bad at all. Train is just experimenting with a new sound, and countless artists have done it before. The lyrics may not be as good, but a few stains doesn't automatically declare them to be horrible. BTW, Drive By and 50 Ways have different beats, different meanings, and contrasting time signatures, so they aren't exactly the same song.

I honestly don't find their recent stuff bad at all. Train is just experimenting with a new sound, and countless artists have done it before. The lyrics may not be as good, but a few stains doesn't automatically declare them to be horrible. BTW, Drive By and 50 Ways have different beats, different meanings, and contrasting time signatures, so they aren't exactly the same song.

I wouldn't say they are experimentig with a new sound. They still have the same contemporary vibe they had fifteen years ago. Honestly, their lyrics are just getting incredibly horrible. Pat Monahan just seems to be forcing rhymes and just half-assing his lyrics to make them fit around the not so big scheme chorus.

Maybe I was harsh saying they were the same song, but they sound sk similar that they don't differentiate themselves. Drive By sounds like he is a self loathing schmuck who has an incredibly odd obsession over a previous one night stand and is comparing that love to garbage (HEFTY BAG). Meanwhile, 50 Ways To Say Goodbye is pretty much lazy lyrics on how to tell that his girlfriend left him because he is a self loathing wchmuck. I mean why the hell did he bring up Yom Kippur? He isn't even Jewish. Oh and chorus is trying to force rhymes as well, "got ran over by a crappy purple Scion". If he can't think of a good rhyme, he should just substitute another word.

Well at least they are getting horrible to me. :P

AAANDDDD SHEEE WANNNTS TO BEE THE QUEEENN

ANDDD SHEE THINKKSS ABOUTTT HER SCEENNEEE

COVVERS HER HEAD RIGGGHT ASSSS SHEEE SCREAAMSS

I DONNNT REALLY WANNA BE THE QUEEN

Lol Meet Virginia