• Advertisement

What Steve Hillenburg is doing in his spare time...

Sebby

You know Smosh's cartoon channel, Shut Up Cartoons?

Well, one of their current series, Really Freaking Embarrassing, is created by Peter Hannan of CatDog fame. This "gross-out" themed series showcases different people sharing embarrassing stories with cheaply animated reenactments.

The series is receiving mostly negative feedback from viewers; and guess who's listed in the credits? That's right, Stephen Hillenburg and his wife Karen, along with Tom Kenny and Jill Talley. Apparently they provided "invaluable assistance." I don't know if that means that they helped direct, write, animate, or voice-act for the web series, but it really makes me wonder why Steve would pretty much abandon the SB team, and get involved in such spaghetti. He needs to allocate more of his resources to the yellow sponge who needs him.

You can check out the episodes here:

• Like 2

Wow, I can only express my reactions in one word...or many:

Unpleasant

Bad

Awful

Vile

Dreadful

Disgusting

Horrid

Horrendous

Terrible

Unbearable

Atrocious

Unspeakable

Ghastly

Appalled

Disturbed

Despicable

Unbelievable

Enraging

Shocked

I cannot believe our great Stephen Hillenburg decided to join these...fools! How could he?!

Shut Up Cartoons started in April of this year. Stephen Hillenburg left the series seven years prior to that. Even though I'm disappointed that Steve himself is involved in this, it certainly wasn't the thing that pulled him away from Spongebob. But eh, Shut Up Cartoons has occcasional moments of brilliance.

• Like 3

Shut Up Cartoons started in April of this year. Stephen Hillenburg left the series seven years prior to that. Even though I'm disappointed that Steve himself is involved in this, it certainly wasn't the thing that pulled him away from Spongebob. But eh, Shut Up Cartoons has occcasional moments of brilliance.

But who knows anyways? Maybe he actually helps Smosh on their normal videos.