• Advertisement

I think I missed this fad

terminoob

11 hours ago, Mermaid Man said:

I can't believe Octopus Pie is over now?

WHAT. I had no idea. She didn't bring that up in class at all. Now I wish she had told us so she could've given us a lecture on what the hell to do after you end a comic.

Man, that's wild. I'll have to binge it soon.

3 hours ago, The Who said:

have you seen Wonder Woman yet?

Not yet. Going with my girlfriend either this weekend or sometime next week. Not totally looking forward to it, but if the reviews are right I at least won't hate it.

1 hour ago, The Who said:

for me, I really loved the movie. I'm still not hopeful for Justice League and other DC movies coming out, except for Aquaman but they at least got Wonder Woman right imo. So I hope you find some enjoyment with it?

Yeah, I mean, I'm sure it won't make me fall asleep like Doctor Strange or make me irrationally angry like Guardians of the Galaxy.

The end was nice but also gave me mixed feelings because I'll miss OP so much. Definitely the best webcomic I've ever read.

Who's your favorite character?

Edited by Mermaid Man

On 6/8/2017 at 2:23 PM, Mermaid Man said:

The end was nice but also gave me mixed feelings because I'll miss OP so much. Definitely the best webcomic I've ever read.

Who's your favorite character?

Embarrassed to say I haven't read enough yet to have any opinions. I'll do some reading next week and get back to you.

4 minutes ago, Lettuce said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Will check out Into the Badlands soon. My girlfriend just got my hooked on Pushing Daisies, so I'm into that right now. What's Glitter Force comparable to? I like Laura Bailey a lot (she's one of the best parts of Critical Role) but the show itself doesn't look very... up my alley. Is it a "just trust me on this one, it's not what it looks like" sort of thing like Madoka? Or is it exactly what it looks like?

29 minutes ago, Lettuce said:

It's exactly what it looks like: a magical girl animu dubbed by Saban? As for what it's comparable to...I'd say Sailor Moon (they even have a voice actress from the Viz dub in there) with elements of Power Rangers.

Hm. Not really a huge fan of that sort of thing.

9 hours ago, Lettuce said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'll give that one a looksie. Sounds more my type of show.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:41 AM, Clappy said:

Looking for a good Netflix binge watch.  You've introduced me to a few good ones, what do you recommend?

Hm. I haven't done much in the way of binge-watching recently. The Inbetweeners is really good, and Netflix has the series plus both movies. The Great British Baking Show is great. Pushing Daisies and Superstore are really worth watching too (on CW Seed and NBC respectively). I think I mentioned Superstore to you a bit ago and you didn't seem too into it, but I'm gonna suggest you give it another chance if you haven't already.

1 hour ago, Reverse-Flash said:

ayy have you seen Wonder Woman?

I have! My girlfriend's more into superhero movies than I am so I took her to see it a few weeks ago. I actually really enjoyed it, much more so than anything Marvel's put out recently. She typically loves every movie we go see and I typically have criticisms about everything and I walk away feeling less than satisfied (Rogue One, Doctor Strange, and Guardians Vol. 2, to be specific) and I walked away from Wonder Woman with pretty much no critiques and she ended up having more negative things to say than I did. If DC can keep up that quality going into Justice League, Aquaman, and The Flash, then I'll be really happy.