• Advertisement

Ghostly..........

70s

S1E1 (1)- Pilot: "You may now kiss the bride..." the minister said to Samuel and Andrea, and so that's what Sam did. Married. Andrea couldn't believe it. She was married. To the perfect guy. Then, it was time for them to dance. She was in his arms... it was great. Everyone clapped as they danced together. Then everyone else joined in. And then Andrea saw something. A ghost. Ghosts... they looked like regular fish... but if you squinted, you could see through them. She could tell it was a ghost because no one else paid him any attention. That and he walked right through her best friend and employee, Autumn. And he wasn't in formal clothes... and she had no idea who he was. Definitely a ghost. Then, he saw her... looking into his eyes... he vanished.

(Theme plays)

That night, Andrea had a nightmare. She was seeing through the eyes of someone else... she was up in the air, flying in a jet. Then the plane fell down.

She woke up panting... sweating. Sam was right next to her... in their new house. Which wasn't done... she flashed back to earlier that night.

"Cover up one eye so you only see the part of the house that's finished," Sam said.

Andrea did as she was told. "Damn..." she said. "Wrong eye." She laughed.

"Haha..." Sam joked. "Well, I'm almost finished."

"It could be a box for all I care, Sam," she said. "We have a house together! It's our home! I couldn't be happier. Take your time finishing it. It's okay."

They kissed, and he carried her inside.

"Honey, are you okay?" Sam asked.

"I... think so," she said.

"Ghost?" he asked.

"Yeah..." she said. "I think he died when a jet crashed."

~~~

"Welcome, boss..." Autumn said.

"Hey," Andrea said, sounding distant.

"Are you okay?" Autumn asked. "Disappointed that you're not on a honeymoon in Glamorous Bottom right now?"

"Not going on a honeymoon was my choice..." Andrea said. "I wanted to stay here with my little baby antique shop."

"Your baby would have been fine with me..." Autumn said.

"Whatever..." Andrea said, and stuck out her tongue.

"So if it's not that... are we with ghost?"

"Oh, we are with ghost..." Andrea said as the ghost showed up. He was a starfish. He looked confused.

"Hello..." Andrea said. "I can help you."

"I'm lost..." the starfish said.

"You just have to help me..." Andrea said. "What is your name?"

"Edward McKay..." the ghost said, then disappeared.

~~~

At lunch time that day, Andrea was going to the middle of Town Square to meet with Sam for lunch. Then at the center of the square, she noticed a memorial to the Rock Bottom War. On that memorial was the name "Edward McKay."

~~~

That night, Andrea searched "Edward McKay" on the Internet. Words that came up: "MIA... Missing... 1979..."

Edward appeared, sitting on top of her counter. He looked the same. "My wife... she's pregnant. I need you to help me find her."

There was no way this man's wife was pregnant with his baby... he'd been dead for 30 years. "I'll try," she said. Then Edward vanished.

Sam came down the stairs. "Why aren't you in bed, Andrea?" he asked.

"This ghost..." she said. "He's so strange. A big mystery. Can't solve it."

"Well don't stress over it," Sam said. "You're beginning to obsess over this guy. I'm getting worried about you."

"Aww, don't be worried," Andrea said, and kissed him tenderly. "I'll get this all hatched out."

"Promise?" Sam said.

"Promise!" Andrea swore, laughing. "Hey... do you know where I could find information on the McKay family?"

"Try the library," Sam suggested. "Maybe you could find something there."

"Maybe..." Andrea said. Then she got what she needed. An address. "1451 Wallaby Avenue." She wrote it down, and went to bed.

~~~

The next day Andrea drove to Edward McKay's old house. There he saw a male starfish mowing the lawn. She walked up to him.

"Hello, my name is Andrea Gellar..." she said.

"Dylan McKay," the starfish said.

"Oh..." Andrea said. "Son of Edward McKay?"

"How did you know that?" Dylan asked suspiciously.

"I've been researching Edward... I know that this is his house... or was," she said, feeling awkward.

"It's been in my family," Dylan said. "My mother gave it to me when she died. So, why are you researching my father?"

"I'm just interested in the Rock Bottom War," Andrea said.

"Ah..." Dylan said. "My dad... he went missing 3 months before I was born. They think he died... defending all of us here in Small Bottom."

"I'm so sorry," Andrea said.

"My mother used to tell me about him all the time," Dylan said. "Used to tell me how brave he was... how funny... how much I reminded her of him... how much I look like him." A tear fell from his eye.

Then, a female starfish with a large, large stomach came out.

"Oh," Dylan said. "This is my wife, Sanya."

"Can I please come inside?" Andrea said, beginning to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

They let her come in, and Sanya served some tea. Soon, they were all sitting down, and Andrea decided to tell them.

"Dylan, Sandra... after people die... they don't always leave us," Andrea said. "They're earthbound spirits. They stay because they have unfinished business with us... the living."

Dylan started glaring at her.

"Your father is dead, Dylan. And your wife... being pregnant, it's sparked him to stir, and he hasn't crossed over. He died when a jet crashed."

"Get. Out..." Dylan said. "How dare you!"

"I don't understand..." Andrea said.

"Get your ass out of my house!" Dylan said. "How dare you besmudge my father's name by getting him involved with your scam!"

"No... I see him. I see his spirit!" Andrea insisted.

"I'm going to tell you one more time before I call the cops," Dylan said. "Get out of my house."

Andrea stepped out. "Must be nice to have supernatural abilities..." Dylan muttered before slamming the door in Andrea's face.

"Not really..." she said.

~~~

At her house that night, Edward showed up.

"I remember where I am..." he said. "Where my body is."

"Where, Edward?" Andrea asked.

"Enger Valley," he said, then vanished.

~~~

After a few days, Dylan showed up at the antique shop.

"Hello, Andrea," he said.

"Should I call the police?" Autumn asked under her breath.

"No, I don't think so..." Andrea replied.

"I've been thinking about what you told me," Dylan said. "And for some reason... I trust you. You give me a good feeling."

"Thank you," Andrea said. "Now... your father told me something you want to know."

"What is it?" Dylan asked.

"Enger Valley..." she said. "Just contact the Pentagon, and tell them that."

"Anything else?" Dylan said.

"I'm not sure," Andrea said. "He's not here." Then, as she said that, Edward McKay appeared in front of her. "Nevermind...."

"Tell him that when I died, I was thinking about him," Edward said.

"He wants you to know that when he died, he was thinking of you," Andrea said.

Dylan blinked back tears. "Dad... I can't stop thinking about you. It's so unfair that I don't get to know you.... It's not right."

"Tell him that it's okay," Edward said. "That I died fighting for our rights, and our freedom. So he could live a good life today."

"He says it's okay. He died fighting for all of us, and so you could have a good life," Andrea told Dylan.

Dylan looked down at his feet. "Dad... I won't rest until we find your body. If I need to, I'll go to that Enger Valley place and find you myself."

"Tell him to stay with Sanya, because she needs him. And his baby needs him," Edward said.

"He wants you to stay by Sanya's side, because she and the baby need you," she told Dylan.

"Alright Dad. But we will find you. I'll make sure," Dylan said.

"You're a good boy," Edward said.

"He says you're a good boy," Andrea said.

"I want to walk by his side on his way home," Edward said.

"He wants to walk with you on your way home," Andrea said.

"Thank you," said Dylan.

~~~

("21 Guns" by Green Day plays [listen here: ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZhAXJkGV5w] throughout the scene)

Weeks later, Andrea dressed in black, on the way to Edward McKay's funeral. They had found his body in Enger Valley, and Dylan and Sanya insisted on her coming. And so she did. When she arrived, Dylan was holding his son, Edward, as he cried. It was a quiet, and solemn burial. They do the 21 Guns Salute for the fallen soldier. Then, when it's over, Edward stares at a light in the distance.

"Do you see that light?" he asks Andrea.

"No, only you can see it," Andrea said. "You need to go into it. You need to cross over. There, you have peace."

"I see... my wife," Edward said.

Then, he faded off, into the light.

Dylan and Sanya walked over, with Sanya now holding little Edward.

"Is he gone?" Dylan asked.

"Yes," Andrea said. "He's crossed over."

"I'm sorry for being such a... jackass, when you first told me. You've helped me a lot," Dylan said.

"It really is good to know," Andrea said.

"Do you want to hold Edward?" Sanya said.

"You know what? I really do!" Andrea said gleefully. She held the baby in her arms, and it was a great feeling. Then it was time for Dylan and Sanya to go. Andrea gave back the baby, and prepared to go back to her antique shop.

---

And that's the pilot.

The rest of the season coming after Season 1 of Bikini Top.

Archived