• Advertisement

The Krusty Krab: The Years Before Spongebob

Ron

The Fifth Season Premiere

"Cloud Nine"

Written by tvguy

Starring...

Episode 69: Cloud Nine

Squidward sat at the register, yawning and staring out the window. Mr. Krabs barged out of his office and hit Squidward over the head with binoculars.

"OUCH!" Squidward screamed.

"Here, I need ya to do some spying fer me," he said.

"You couldn't have just ASKED?" Squidward screamed.

Mr. Krabs raised a brow. "Ask? Am I saying that right?"

Squidward blinked and then facepalmed. He sighed. "Okay, what do you want?"

"A new restaurant called Cloud Nine just opened up next door to Plankton. I need you to figure what the sell, because the only thing I can think a restaurant called "Cloud Nine" would sell is angel bites... and those aren't food."

~~~

After thinking how stupid Mr. Krabs was, Squidward snuck over. He entered and then walked straight back out.

"MR. KRABS!" Squidward screamed. "That's NOT a restaurant!"

~~~

"How can they even allow that in Bikini Bottom?" Marly said, quivering. "That's fowl."

"And... and they were just doing it right there when I walked in," reported Squidward. "In the open..."

"It's okay, laddie," Mr. Krabs said. "We'll call the police and tell them!"

"I'll do it," Jim said. He grabbed the phone and dialed 911. "Hello, operator? Get me the police."

"Eh, okay, but it's goan ta cost ya," the operator said.

"What?"

"Yup, new ocean-wide policy."

"Oh, okay... how much?" Jim asked.

"50 grand."

Mr. Krabs dropped dead.

~~~

And then they all exploded.

(S5E2) Episode 70: Dreams

Squidward was casually killing Mr. Krabs one day when suddenly Marina walked in. She screamed in terror and called the police! What was going on? Had Squidward finally gone crazy? 

Marina then awoke from her dream. 

(S5E3) Episode 71: Kontemporary Krabs

The art of the mind cannot be determined by one single brain, and as Mr. Krabs slowly realized he was slipping into insanity, he attempted to preserve and save his own art in his mind from destruction. 

Marina was floating, and realized the image of Mr. Krabs being killed by Squidward was replaying over and over in her own mind. Was it even a dream? Tim, Tom, and Jim were  nowhere to be found. What was going on? 

(S5E4) Episode 72: Haunted By What?

Marina was continually shifting between past and present, reality and imagination, the subconscious and unconscious. She needed help; what was real and what wasn't? She went into Downtown Bikini Bottom and found Mr. Heraldy, an expert on dreams. Mr. Heraldy said that they were being haunted. By what? He had no idea. 

The visions continued, invading her life and devouring her. Why? 

(S5E5) Episode 73: Limelight

Mr. Krabs stared at Marina; she was always muttering, "He's losing his mind, he's losing his mind!" as she wandered aimlessly around the Krusty Krab. Who was she talking about? What was going on. Mr. Krabs consulted Squidward on the matter; they had many meetings, all of them resulting in Marina screaming "GET AWAY FROM HIM!" 

They eventually agreed she needed to be admitted to an asylum, she needed help. They found a nice one in the city over called the Limelight Psychiatric Ward.

(S5E6) Episode 74: Love and Hate

Marina's departure date rapidly approached; it was difficult. Jim tried to stay away from her, it was too much to watch her. She eventually was transported to Limelight, but not before once again saying that the Krusty Krab was haunted and it was too much for her to handle. Upon arrival at Limelight, Marina was put in a meeting with a psychologist. 

It was Mr. Heraldy. 

"I needed a way to get you help, Marina," he said. "I apologize for lying to you."

(S5E7) Episode 75: Peanut Butter & Melly

Mr. Krabs hired a new worker, named Melly. She would be taking Marina's spot. She was bright, bubbly, and happy. Happiness was restored in the Krusty Krab! 

(S5E8) Episode 76: Goodbyes

Tim and Tom both announced they would leaving, having been offered a job at a 5-star restaurant in New Kelp City. They couldn't pass it up. Mr. Krabs understood. They left. 

(S5E9) Episode 77: Bedridden

Mr. Krabs becomes bedridden and Squidward is forced to take care of the Krusty Krab. Jim, however, accidentally sets the place on fire while trying to experiment with new patty recipes. 

(S5E10) Episode 78: The Blueprint (Gift & Curse)

Mr. Krabs creates the blueprint for a new Krusty Krab after Jim burns down the old one. This new one looks almost exactly the same, except Mr. Krabs installs a second bathroom. 

(S5E11) Episode 79: Wonder Krabs

Mr. Krabs tries to brainstorm new ideas to get customers to the Krusty Krab when business is lagging. He becomes a superhero and explodes.

(S5E12) Episode 80: Shukokai

Squidward trains in the art of shukokai and becomes a martial arts master. Jim becomes jealous so he quits the Krusty Krab.