• Advertisement

Hardest video games you've played?

storytime7

The hardest game I've ever played by far is Battletoads for the NES. There's twelve levels, and nearly all of them are impossible to beat without a LOT of trial and error. To make things worse, you only get three continues.

Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii

New Play Control: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for Wii

Super Mario Bros 3

New Super Mario Bros for DS and Wii

Vexx

WHY? I became so agitated in so many levels to the point where i wanted to throw my controller against the wall. i didn't do that though because then it would break, but i did yell and scream and swear loudly because i just couldn't contain myself.

These game made my forehead sweat and my heart beat fast. Every level is all or nothing intensity. Checkpoints come too long into a level(except vexx because you select missions from worlds to complete so there are no checkpoints), and you will have to replay the same part over and over again that you have already past until you get past the hard part that was after that. Or even worse, you will lose all lives, get a game over, and have to restart the whole level all over again. This can take forever to beat it because of its cruel, brutal, and devilishly evil difficulty. But, despite all the frustration, tension, and stress you get out of these games, you also get a lot of fun, entertainment, addiction, and nostalgia out of them too. After all, they ARE platformers, the only genre of video games that I play.

Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii

New Play Control: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for Wii

Super Mario Bros 3

New Super Mario Bros for DS and Wii

Vexx

WHY? I became so agitated in so many levels to the point where i wanted to throw my controller against the wall. i didn't do that though because then it would break, but i did yell and scream and swear loudly because i just couldn't contain myself.

These game made my forehead sweat and my heart beat fast. Every level is all or nothing intensity. Checkpoints come too long into a level(except vexx because you select missions from worlds to complete so there are no checkpoints), and you will have to replay the same part over and over again that you have already past until you get past the hard part that was after that. Or even worse, you will lose all lives, get a game over, and have to restart the whole level all over again. This can take forever to beat it because of its cruel, brutal, and devilishly evil difficulty. But, despite all the frustration, tension, and stress you get out of these games, you also get a lot of fun, entertainment, addiction, and nostalgia out of them too. After all, they ARE platformers, the only genre of video games that I play.

If you get mad at these games, or most of them, you would hate original NES/SNES games.

Mega Man 1.

Dick Tracy

Ghosts/Ghouls and Goblins.

Don't think description is needed, if you've even HEARD of these games.

If you get mad at these games, or most of them, you would hate original NES/SNES games.

Mega Man 1.

Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy only gets really difficult on the last two levels IMO, but Ghosts n Goblins is hard as hell. I used about 190 continues before I finally finished the first game. I am NOT kidding.

Mega Man 1.

Dick Tracy

...I actually think Mega Man 1 is pretty easy.

There is this one boss in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story that pissed me off SO MUCH! It was like this Junkerbot thing that Midbus sent after Mario and Luigi, and it always fucking got me. Finally, when I got to it when replaying through it, I powered up the bros with beans, and spammed with the falling star, and barely beat it. It wasn't that it was hard, it just pissed me off because I was underleveled, and 99% of the attacks on me were a OHKO. Oh well, I beat it at least 428899.gif

There is this one boss in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story that pissed me off SO MUCH! It was like this Junkerbot thing that Midbus sent after Mario and Luigi, and it always fucking got me. Finally, when I got to it when replaying through it, I powered up the bros with beans, and spammed with the falling star, and barely beat it. It wasn't that it was hard, it just pissed me off because I was underleveled, and 99% of the attacks on me were a OHKO. Oh well, I beat it at least 428899.gif

This guy?

JunkerJC.png

Yeah, that thing

I could never get past The Wiggler. -_- The mirror levels on Mario Kart Wii are really hard to beat, considering the tracks are completely reversed from left and right and take a while to learn. The level inside of the frogfish on SpongeBob's Truth or Square (Wii) always gets to me, too. Then there's the whole ''Rock and Roll-a-dillo'' level from Super Mario Galaxy 2 that's a total headache.

Anybody ever play Mega Man 2? If so, you KNOW you hated those laser beams in Quickman's stage.

Also, Wily's Fortress: Stage 4....everything about it.

Every one of the original Mega Man games were infuriatingly hard to me.

I still don't get why some people think the first game is difficult....

Yellow Devil

No E-Tanks, which would be fine, if the other games didn't get them.

Bosses being incredibly hard if you don't use their weaknesses.

Yellow Devil

6 Robot Masters, but only about 3 useful weapons given to you. Might not seem bad to a lot of people, but-a-still.

No passwords(Passwords are something in Mega Man that are given to you so if you want to stop playing, you write the password down and when you play the game again, you put in the password an bam. It's like a save-point.) No passwords would be fine, you know, if the next game and the others didn't get them.

Yellow Devil.

Was the Yellow Devil mentioned yet?

old "hard" games are shit.

lolumad?

quite satisfied actually

Whatevz. Because most old games are hard, by todays standards(You know, how now in video games, most will have a nice training section where they take you by the hand and walk through everything nice and slow), so you're basically saying a lot of old games are shit. 893573.gif