• Advertisement

297b. Don't Make Me Laugh

WhoBibbles

Premiered: Monday, February 12th at 5:15pm ET/PT

Plot: SpongeBob suddenly finds everything funny, much to everyone's annoyance.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so this episode just aired without Nick releasing a schedule for it. An all-new low for them lmao. So discuss the episode If you have seen it!

P.S. This will prob be the only time I create an episode thread, so oop.

• Thanks 1

It's been a LONG time since Nickelodeon has aired TWO new episode segments in the same day, I was wondering if Nickelodeon had forgotten HOW to do that! I'm...not quite sure what to make of the episode's concept. Because Patrick finds an old black and white melodramatic movie to SOMEHOW be funny and starts laughing, it causes Spongebob to start laughing. Unfortunately, this turns out to be the straw that MENTALLY breaks the camel's back (or in this case, mentally BREAKS Spongebob's ability to control his ability to laugh or not laugh; as he is suddenly unable to STOP laughing, even though he doesn't necessarily WANT to! In a "Surprisingly Realistic Outcome", this causes him to get kicked out of the movie theater, causes him to temporarily lose his job, earns him the ire of Squidward (though that's not much of a stretch); somebody who buys a big, oversized hat; someone who accidentally crashed his milk car and was LITERALLY crying over spilled milk; doctors working at an operation, and clowns at a FAKE Clown Funeral (although I did like the unique character Sparklenose; I hope he returns for more appearances!) Eventually, Spongebob is SO desperate to STOP laughing, he decides to see, what is LITERALLY called: "The Saddest Movie In The World" (And surprisingly, it's NOT about The Ugly Barnacle!) In the movie, he's surprised to see his GRANDMA in there (nice to see her make a return appearance), and SHE'S laughing, to! Apparently, there comes a point in the life of ALL Squarepants' family members, that after laughing so much; they lose their ability to STOP controlling their laughter! But...at least they can take comfort in not being alone. Of course, I'd bring up the SIMPLE solution that Spongebob could've simply seen a REAL professional who could've fixed his problem, but it will more than likely be undone by Negative Continuity anyways. I guess, to quote a certain character from "Futurama": "I have no strong feelings about this one way or the other". I guess I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!