• Advertisement

292a. SquidBird

Jjs Goodman

Sometimes, I feel like Jeff Goldblum in "Jurassic Park", in regard to some of the writers who spend SO much time writing such GROSS and unnecessary episodes like THIS one. I just want to say to them, "You spent SO much time thinking about whether or not you COULD write something that GROSS, you never STOPPED to think about whether or not you SHOULD! Just because an animated show like "Hey Arnold" featured bird pooping, that does NOT make it all right or acceptable for ANY cartoon show (let alone, THIS one), to feature it! Also, the episode title is a misnomer! There are no BIRDS in this episode; it should be titled "SquidClam"! Granted, it's not like Spongebob and Patrick were telling the clams to go THROUGH Squidward's house, and they actually figured out in the MIDDLE of this episode (as opposed to finding out TOO late or not at all) that Squidward didn't WANT the clams NEAR him! So they at least TRIED to teach the clams to AVOID Squidward, they had no way of KNOWING that the clams would think that they should DESTROY everything valuable of Squidward's! I don't know HOW Squidward thought it would POSSIBLY be a good idea to get a giant scallop to attack the clams! Squidward had NO way of controlling it, and he should have made SURE that the giant scallop would NOT grow to protect the clams! It's pretty sad that the only thing that prevents this episode from being a TOTAL stinker is Squidward getting stripped shirtless TWICE; and it's also sad that Squidward thinks that getting dumped into the volcano from "Squidcano," is STILL better than living next door to Spongebob and Patrick! I'd give this episode segment a 4.4 out of 10 at best! Enough said, true believers!