• Advertisement

017a. The Drooling Fool

Jjs Goodman

Did we REALLY have to have an episode about THIS?! You would THINK by now, the writers would've learned that they simply CAN'T take what WORKED on "Ren & Stimpy" and "Breadwinners", and make it work within the "Spongebob Squarepants" universe! That is NOT what viewers want to see whenever they watch anything "Spongebob Squarepants" related, and I don't know where the writers ever GOT the idea that they could POSSIBLY make it work! Granted, Squidina and the rest of the family do try on at least a couple of occasions to make lemonade out of lemons; first by making a water show spectacular out of the problem, than later, by putting out fires! Eventually, the family tries to help Patrick by taking him to see Doctor Plumber (a "Super Mario Bros." reference if I ever saw one!) While he's able to stop Tinkle from WANTING to bite butts, he ends up taking a clog out of Patrick, which makes his drooling WORSE! Ironically, it's when the fire fighters try to use Patrick as a fire extinguisher, they end up pulling out his baby tongue, and his drooling finally stops! Writers, PLEASE take some helpful, FREE advice (the kind that Mr. Krabs likes), and never, ever, EVER, make a gross episode like this again EVER! I'd give this episode a dismal 4.4 out of 10 at best! Enough said, true believers!