• Advertisement

285a. Delivery to Monster Island

Jjs Goodman

On the one hand, some of the sea monsters introduced in this episode were very interesting. But monsters that LOOK like anthropomorphic bananas? This ISN'T "Rocket Monkeys", and they just feel out of place here! On the other hand, I'm glad they took an episode that could've EASILY had Squidward be FORCED to endure Spongebob's company, instead give that role to Plankton, and it feels a lot better, mostly because Plankton was trying to steal a Krabby Patty (AGAIN!) Although, I can't help but feel like this would've felt more like an ACTUAL episode, if it had more time to explore its ideas more. As it is, being trapped on an island full of monsters has its potentials (as far as story ideas go). But with only an 11 minute running time, the only thing Spongebob and Plankton really have time to do on Monster Island, is hide from monsters, try to build or FIND a shelter, successfully make a coconut version of a Krabby Patty to FEED to monsters (which is PROBABLY the closest Plankton will EVER get to making one of his own Krabby Patties, and managing to escape from Monster Island, only to find that the whole ISLAND is a monster, and chases after them! We also find out just HOW durable Bubble Bass is, as he SURVIVES getting stepped on by the Island Monster! At least he fares far BETTER than the Krusty Krab and Plankton, who BOTH end up by digested by the Island Monster! If it weren't for negative continuity, and the fact that we KNOW more episodes are on their way, it could be said that Plankton invoked "Together In Death", in regards to him having a Krabby Patty. Also, six years AWAY from the Krusty Krab? It would've felt a lot more like six years if the episode had been 15 to 22 minutes long. I guess I'd give the episode a 6.5 out of 10, as it lost a LOT of points due to unnecessary pain being inflicted on Spongebob, the anthropomorphic bananas, and even PLANKTON, for that matter! Enough said, true believers!