• Advertisement

009a. To Dad and Back

Jjs Goodman

Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. First, interesting to know that Bikini Bottom HAS a space center. Second, more interesting to know that Cecil actually WORKS there! (As a janitor, but STILL!) I'm pretty sure that same German fish kid also appeared in "Krabby Land" as the 'Malnourished Fish Kid' that Mr. Krabs spotted in that episode. It's interesting how Patrick can utilize perspective to his advantage, by going farther away from the camera and SEEMING to get smaller, he somehow actually DOES get smaller! And it seems like Rube's full name is Rube Goldfish, probably a shout-out to Rube Goldberg. It's kind of disappointing that the sub-plot of Cecil accidentally winding up qualified to be an astronaut was relatively compressed, compared to Patrick's journey inside of his dad, but maybe they're saving an astronaut plot for a later episode of this show. Also, I NEVER thought I would see the face of Patrick's voice actor, actually being USED for Patrick's face as a GAG! For not going the gross-out route that it could have gone on, I'll give this episode a 9.9 out of 10, only because they didn't utilize the astronaut plot as much as they could have. Enough said, true believers!