• Advertisement

Santa Dog's creepypasta

Elastic Dawg

"The Secret Station"

You know those weird stations you would get my fooling around with a tuner on an analog tv? Most of them weÔÇÖre just mish-mashes of other stations. However, a few appeared to be independent. One disturbed me beyond recognition.

It was called W33L.

From what I recall, all it was was these horrid pictures, of dead men and women, of strange distorted creatures, and cryptic letters. And occasionally a film of a man would come on saying something indecipherable. Occasionally, a cartoon called "Surreal" would come on. The show was funny in a way, and seemed to have set the basis for future animated programs like Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The main characters were a fuzzball, a rabbit, and a bird. Sometimes, the background would go from simplistic to hyperrealistic in the blink of an eye. The characters would frequently blurt odd strange messages, such as "75 NO WAR."

Some 20 years later, in 1994, I joined a usenet group known as alt.experimentaltv. It was dedicated to discussing strange things seen on television. That's when I found it.

The thread was titled "W33L." The poster described in detail how evidence suggested that W33L was a secret society who used the fake station to exchange information. I then posted about how I knew exactly what he was talking about, as I had seen it first-hand.

A week later, he sent me an email informing me that a public access tv show had done a story back in 1988 on strange stations and that W33L was one of the stations featured. He also claimed he had found footage of W33L. I asked him if he had a copy I could have, to which he replied yes.

A month later, it arrived.

A popped the tape into my VCR, not knowing what to expect. What I saw was pure static, and nothing but. Then, it appeared.

One of the distorted creatures appeared. It just stood there, completely frozen. Then, a group of horrific corpse photos flashed before my eyes. I vomited, but kept watching anyway. Then, a 10 minute segment of Surreal came on. A lot of the jokes referenced events that had not happened at the time, such as the inauguration of Barack Obama. In the middle of the fuzzball's dialogue, the tape cut to black. It stayed that way for about 6 minutes until this thing with a guy burning a picture of his family came on. The camera suddenly zoomed in on his face. He then said, "REAL SUFFERING IS NOT KNOWN!" I jumped out of my seat hysterically and hit the eject button. The next day, I went back on alt.experimentaltv to find that the user had deleted their account. With help from the other users, they informed me that he would frequently made bizarre posts similar to the blurted non-sequitors used in Surreal.

Frankly, I donÔÇÖt know who the user was or where he is now, but I donÔÇÖt think I want to. I somewhat regrettably destroyed the tape afterwards, but if you have any info on him or W33L in general, I want you to contact me immediately.

Thoughts?