• Advertisement

Trainwreckords Requests

Steel Sponge

Am I too early to make a thread like this? Yes, but I might as well name some particular albums before Todd loses some steam for this series. Also keep in mind that Trainwreckords is not made for generally bad records, but for records that presumably killed a singer or band's once successful career. So granted, there are some notoriously bad albums at the back of my head that I'm unsure whether or not they fit the description very well, (i.e. "Scream" by Chris Cornell and "Trial by Fire" by Journey,) while there are some that I'm aware are out of question due to a singer or band still being successful despite having a seriously bad dud (i.e. "St. Anger" by Metallica and "Graffiti" by Chris Brown). Anyways, when it comes to definite career killing albums, these are the ones that are the top of my head:

Paula - Robin Thicke
Never Gone - Backstreet Boys
Speedin' Bullet 2 Heaven - Kid Cudi
Bionic - Christina Aguilera

I legit can't think of anything. Maybe Chicago X? I think that's the album where Chicago started getting more..............softer.

I know some of Aerosmith's early '80s albums weren't really as successful as their other stuff so I guess one of those.

1 hour ago, Your Grandma's Feet said:

I legit can't think of anything. Maybe Chicago X? I think that's the album where Chicago started getting more..............softer.

I know some of Aerosmith's early '80s albums weren't really as successful as their other stuff so I guess one of those.

I was thinking about whether or not Todd would condone albums causing career failures that only ended up being temporary, but now I see some potential in a review for "Rock in a Hard Place."