• Advertisement

Rocko's Modern Life is Back

Jane

Finally got to watch this and I loved it. It was great having Rocko back after all this time and I enjoyed all the little references they made to the series. Spunky with his obsession for mops, Chewy Chicken has gone back to being good ol Chokey Chicken, the cameos from past characters, and a lot of other stuff you'd have to look hard for. I liked the results of Conglomo trying to reboot the Fatheads with CGI, that was a nice little take-that at poor executive handled reboots. Also the whole Ralph becoming Rachel was handled really well. Ed not accepting her at first was understandable given he was already stressed with all the changes in his life and he has never been accepting of his son's choices before, but them reconciling at the end was sweet, along with Rachel taking her parents on the road. It was also an interesting twist that Rocko did not enjoy the Fatheads due to the addition of a baby, but it cemented the lesson that you have to move on from the past and look towards the future. This was wonderful follow up Rocko after 20 years and the special was worth the wait.