• Advertisement

Plug.dj is coming back!

Quick Update: We attempted to keep everything quite [sic] until we were absolutely certain that the relaunch was close. Unfortunately, the news leaked in December and we wanted to confirm we were in fact working on bringing plug back. The launch date has shifted around quite a bit while we solved all of the unforeseen non-technical administrative things. The good news is that we're on the home stretch. We sincerely appreciate all of the enthusiasm and hope to see everyone back real soon. We're all anxiously awaiting the relaunch, and once we have a real date, we will let you know!

Source

I'm sure we're all excited for this to be coming back. :)

11 hours ago, Cha said:

too bad they're not bringing turntable back too

stop rubbing it in my face :(

I seriously cannot wait for it to return tho. Though I can't really imagine making a room for SBC since we have SBC Music now. Maybe for just general videos and not just music.

Guest hilaryfan80
13 hours ago, Fred Rechid said:

I seriously cannot wait for it to return tho. Though I can't really imagine making a room for SBC since we have SBC Music now. Maybe for just general videos and not just music.

12 hours ago, Face said:

I would agree - maybe a room for general videos. I miss Plug.dj and Turntable, definitely.

If there's enough of a demand, I can simply just make a separate "room" for generic videos on SBC Music. The only reason why this hasn't been a thing is because every attempt of having a generic video room has ultimately failed. While it does work on SBM (hardly), the biggest complaint is that not everyone in the room cares about the video that you are playing. I mean, let's be honest: I got so tired of watching freaking Yo-Kai Watch on Cytube (SBM) that I stopped going all together. People get tired of watching "unfunny" videos made by PewDiePie. "Kids React To" gets old after a while. Full anime episodes gets irritating, especially if you do not like the show. I have personally witnessed arguments on both "general video" parties we had on turntable.fm/plug.dj and on SBM's Cytube as a result of not liking what is playing. I have also seen people get so angry that they leave and start drama because people aren't "letting them play anything" (when, in reality, they just do not like what is being played), and guess who sees the butt end of those arguments. When we first planned SBC Music, this was major consideration and it was heavily discussed among the staff: will it be music only, or will it allow general videos? Ultimately we decided on music because that is something that we can all agree upon, and if you don't like a song that is being played, it's as simple as hitting "skip." And so far, we have been right: there has been very little arguments made since SBC Music's release. In fact, I think a lot of people on SBC would agree with me that their music tastes have broadened significantly as a result of SBC Music and the fact that it caters specifically to music and not to general videos.

With that being said, if you honestly do believe that SBC Music should have a "SBC Videos" variant or something like that, sure, I can easily make it happen, but keep in mind all that I have said. I'll do this fairly: if you believe that SBC Videos should exist (or some other name), send me a PM. If I get at least 10 PMs, then I'll make it happen. :)

However, a better solution, in my opinion, would be to made a SBC Video Playlist kind of deal where you can scroll through videos that members have suggested without forcing the video onto others. Think of Pandora but with videos and how you can skip through songs on your own. That way, you can skip what you don't like, and you can comment and hit the "like" button on videos that you do like.