• Advertisement

Ask CyanideFishbone

CyanideFishbone

On 1/1/2017 at 11:03 PM, Bugs Bunny said:

What's your favorite quote from a movie/book/game/etc?

I have quite a bit of quotes I love.

"What is happiness? And what is unhappiness, anyway?"- Tsukasa Hotori, Shugo Chara

"All the best bands are affiliated with Satan."- Bart Simpson

"Love is not like anything, especially a fucking knife."- Bert McCracken

"The anchor's kiss was scrawled in dyslexic crayon."- Cedric Bixler-Zavala

Just to name a few. There's more, I'm certain, but that's a few I like.

On 1/1/2017 at 11:15 PM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Is Shugo Chara a monster-of-the-week kind of show?

Not even gonna lie, even as a huge fan, this is a hard question to answer, and I had to think about it for a while. But ulitmately, I decided.... no. It definitely has elements of something like that, as a good chunk of episodes (especially from the show's first season) revolve around the formula of Amu meeting X character with X hobby/dream, and they start to lose interest in that hobby/dream or think it'll never come true, their heart's egg gets an X (or a ? mark after Lulu is introduced at the start of Shugo Chara Doki) which Amu does a character transformation (If I had a dollar every time she transformed into Amulet Heart, but that's beside the point and is a nitpick I can get over), purifies their egg, and usually there's a nice conclusion. This formula is used for a good handful of episodes, especially in the first season, but it never got overly repetitive to me as a lot of times the characters who were the victim of an X/? egg were interesting (episodes that follow this formula that I love, from the first season alone that come to mind include Character Transformation Amulet Spade, I've Fallen In Love With Your Eyes, etc) but besides that decently sized handful, all the other episodes, while they may include fights against Easter/X/? eggs, typically don't follow that formula. Fuck I don't even think I answered this right, but no, it's not a monster-of-the-week kind of show, although it does contain elements of it.

To get to the point, no, it's not, but it definitely contains elements of one.

Edited by CyanideFishbone

1 hour ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Do you like monster-of-the-week shows nonetheless?

I don't mind them if they're done well. I can't think of any I like of the top of my head (I do enjoy Soul Eater and Shugo Chara which definitely have elements of a monster-of-the-week show, and maybe some others I can't think of)