• Advertisement

Best Frenemies should have had these changes

themanyouknow

Best Frenemies was a pretty good, and sufficiently terrifying episode. But if i wrote it, i would have done this just a bit differently.

1. The creator of the kelp shakes should have been revealed.

2. When Mr Krabs and Plankton walked out of the chum bucket singing, there should have been a bunch of people walking or running around freaking out covered in kelp. And then Spongebob would run up as he usually does in the episode. and his role in this scene would basically be to explain what happened, which would make sense as he says, "they shut down the kelp shake restaraunts!"

3. after Mr Krabs chased plankton off into the distance with a krabby patty, there should have been a bubble transition to one final scene where everything is back to normal at the krusty krab, except everybody is covered in kelp. And then a new restaraunteer would come park up in front of his new restaraunt right outside the krusty krab. All of the customers would get out torches and pitchforks and run out as an angry mob. Right then, plankton would walk in to try and steal the formula, and he would be trampled by the angry mob. Then he would say, "ow." And the episode would be over. It would take away from the sadness that came with the end of this episode, and it would show that this happened to everyone. For all we know, mr krabs, plankton and spongebob could have been the only victims of the kelp shake.

14 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

This topic does NOT belong in the season four episodes section. It SHOULD be in the Off-Topic section! Somebody please move it.

I don't see why it doesn't belong here since Best Frenemies is from season 4 or even in the main SpongeBob subforum. Off-Topic isn't even SpongeBob related anyways. 

Personally I feel like these changes are just extra time for the episode. I liked how it ended in the first place, Mr. Krabs letting Plankton get a head start on the formula and Krabs laughing. It just leaves you with a vibe that even though they've been sworn enemies since their childhood that they do have fun in it. Sheldon and Eugene kinda just need each other to challenge one another to feel sane and it's sort of how their "friendship" or "fremenship" works now. 

But I did like the first option since it was weird that we never saw who was behind the kelp shakes. Then again The Other Patty would feel like even more of a rip-off of Best Frenemies if the writers added this. :P