• Advertisement

Captain America: Civil War

BoJack Horseman

I made a topic for this but since it's made in November, it was deleted and I didn't find it necessary to ask hilaryfan80 to bring it back cuz the only news that I posted is the trailer. Here it is again.

I'm so excited for this movie. I know some people are bummed about this because there aren't enough characters since Civil War comics had so many characters but I'm fine with that because less character = more focus on each of them and this is also a Captain America movie and it seems this movie's going to focus more on him and Buckey's situation than civil war. What do you think of the movie? Discuss here.

I still love this trailer and I've got a gut feeling that something in the movie changes Black Widow's mind to go to Iron Man's side instead of Cap's side. I do like that we're gonna see more of Bucky and get more character development, I really like Bucky.

Going to change up my post a bit in comparison to last time.  I definitely am looking forward to this more than Batman v Superman, that's for sure.  Since this is pretty much The Avengers 2.5, I'm considering this The Russo Brothers audition tape for them directing The Avengers: Infinity Wars in 2018 and 2019.  Can't wait to see how they do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Going to change up my post a bit in comparison to last time.  I definitely am looking forward to this more than Batman v Superman, that's for sure.  Since this is pretty much The Avengers 2.5, I'm considering this The Russo Brothers audition tape for them directing The Avengers: Infinity Wars in 2018 and 2019.  Can't wait to see how they do.

I agree with you, tho I personally think this is going to be more of a Captain America/Buckey movie than Avengers without Thor and Hulk.

Second trailer

WARNING: Spider-Man is revealed at the end of the trailer, so if you don't wanna see him, stop watching after the name of the movie is shown.

Omf I'm more excited than ever. Even if they revealed Spider-Man, he looks nice in costume and rest of the trailer was kickass. May, here we come.

20 hours ago, Boxy Robot said:

I feel like I'm the only one disappointed in Spidey's costume. He looks like an action figure.

You aren't alone.  I absolutely hate his new costume too.  He looks like a freaking cartoon character more than an action figure to me.

However, this trailer did a good job at getting me hyped for this superhero showdown more than any Batman v Superman trailer has done.

3 hours ago, JCM said:

He looks like a cartoon character because he is a cartoon character.

jNC5JbS.jpg

All of them are animated characters if you want to get that technical, but let me rephrase this.  

Take a look at Black Panther.  That's exactly what I expect a modern day cinema superhero to look like when it comes to costumes.  The new Spider-Man costume is way too bright that it sticks out like a sore thumb.  I honestly don't mind the lenses since that's the throwback part of the costume that I actually am ok with.  Maybe the point is nostalgic, but I'm just ridiculously disappointed when the The Amazing Spider-Man series had by far the best Spider-Man costume in franchise history.  Then we get this and I was just expecting a lot more when they constantly improve every MCU characters costume in each film it feels like.

13 minutes ago, Clappy said:

All of them are animated characters if you want to get that technical, but let me rephrase this.  

Take a look at Black Panther.  That's exactly what I expect a modern day cinema superhero to look like when it comes to costumes.  The new Spider-Man costume is way too bright that it sticks out like a sore thumb.  I honestly don't mind the lenses since that's the throwback part of the costume that I actually am ok with.  Maybe the point is nostalgic, but I'm just ridiculously disappointed when the The Amazing Spider-Man series had by far the best Spider-Man costume in franchise history.  Then we get this and I was just expecting a lot more when they constantly improve every MCU characters costume in each film it feels like.

I think he was just joking :P but you have good points

Well it's just the trailer. Once the movie is released, I'm sure they'll have put the final touches on the visuals for the costume. 

4 hours ago, JCM said:

He does look a lot like 60s Spider-Man, though.

Doesn't mean he can't also look like an actual person in a costume. Like Clap said, Black Panther looks totally fine and real. Don't see why Spidey looks so different in comparison.

50 minutes ago, teenj12 said:

Well it's just the trailer. Once the movie is released, I'm sure they'll have put the final touches on the visuals for the costume. 

My understanding is that trailers are comprised of finished footage? My assumption is the movie has wrapped and they're now editing it and putting in the final mix.

Just now, Teamwork said:

My understanding is that trailers are comprised of finished footage? My assumption is the movie has wrapped and they're now editing it and putting in the final mix.

Actually, not all the time. A lot of the footage from trailers of Age Of Ultron, for example, still had stuff that was touched up on before the actual release.