• Advertisement

Miraculous Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir

Nosferatu!

tumblr_nufthr1Kdi1uu5wooo1_540.jpg

Nickelodeon will premiere the 3D, CGI-animated sitcom Miraculous Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir, based on an original concept by Zag, Sunday, December 6th at 12:00 p.m. E.T.

The 26-episode series follows two junior high students, Marinette and Adrien, chosen to save Paris from the evil doings of a mysterious super-villain. The storylines and adventures are rich with friends, family, fun, secret identity, transformation, villains, fashion, creativity and more, all within the spectacular backdrop of Paris.

You can watch the trailer below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=118&v=xChtGwI8_-k

I think it's worth noting that out of all the reviews I've seen of this show, a good majority of them have been positive. Time will tell whether or not I decide to give Miraculous Ladybug a chance. Not the biggest fan of CGI, though (especially when it's kinda... stiff?), so that definitely lessens my desire to tune in. 

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

I am looking forward to this, mostly because Christina Vee is voicing Ladybug and Bryce Papenbrook is voicing Cat Noir (the former voices Sailor Mars in Sailor Moon and the latter voices Kirito/Kazuto in Sword Art Online and Eren in Attack on Titan. I love all those animes, especially the first two! ^_^). Plus, Toei Animation has a role in it's production (mostly because it was originally supposed to have the anime style), which is honestly one of the best anime producers in Japan imo.

The only thing that would have made this even better is keeping it in the originally planned anime style rather than the boring CGI style that's EVERYWHERE here. On the bright side, the CGI might attract more people to watch, but I still think the anime style would have been more unique. 

Overall, I'll definitely be checking it out when it debuts in December. :) Oh and Nickelodeon you better not fucking pull it or I swear to god...

I am looking forward to this, mostly because Christina Vee is voicing Ladybug and Bryce Papenbrook is voicing Cat Noir (the former voices Sailor Mars in Sailor Moon and the latter voices Kirito/Kazuto in Sword Art Online and Eren in Attack on Titan. I love all those animes, especially the first two! ^_^). Plus, Toei Animation has a role in it's production (mostly because it was originally supposed to have the anime style), which is honestly one of the best anime producers in Japan imo.

The only thing that would have made this even better is keeping it in the originally planned anime style rather than the boring CGI style that's EVERYWHERE here. On the bright side, the CGI might attract more people to watch, but I still think the anime style would have been more unique.

Overall, I'll definitely be checking it out when it debuts in December. :) Oh and Nickelodeon you better not fucking pull it or I swear to god...

I knew Toei Animation rung a bell to me! Aw, it's a shame they didn't go with the anime style, I would've loved to see that.

I agree, this CGI is very bland, and like I said before, it just looks stiff. But who knows, maybe if I give it a chance it won't bother me that much. ;)