• Advertisement

Suggestions?

Guest hilaryfan80

it would be interesting to have a separate 'open terrain' map alongside the current superflat map. at the moment, doing stuff like hills or rivers/water structures is very difficult due to there being only five block layers to work with :P i think it would be cool to also have a 'normal' creative map and see what kind of things we could make in a typical minecraft landscape. (or just make it plain ol' survival, that could be fun too :D)

though how would that be implemented? would it be possible to switch between the maps with server commands? or would there have to be a separate server just to host another map?

1 hour ago, William Leonard said:

it would be interesting to have a separate 'open terrain' map alongside the current superflat map. at the moment, doing stuff like hills or rivers/water structures is very difficult due to there being only five block layers to work with :P i think it would be cool to also have a 'normal' creative map and see what kind of things we could make in a typical minecraft landscape. (or just make it plain ol' survival, that could be fun too :D)

though how would that be implemented? would it be possible to switch between the maps with server commands? or would there have to be a separate server just to host another map?

We used to (idk if we still have it) have Survival SC, but it was just a chunk from MCEdit and it was small, but I think an actual regular biome world could be made like how Simcraftia was made with portals. It might cause a bit of lag though.

Guest hilaryfan80
2 hours ago, William Leonard said:

1 hour ago, sbl said:

We used to (idk if we still have it) have Survival SC, but it was just a chunk from MCEdit and it was small, but I think an actual regular biome world could be made like how Simcraftia was made with portals. It might cause a bit of lag though.

The reason why we use a flat world, originally, was because SC started on a Raspberry Pi that couldn't handle a normal world. If we had a normal server, then it would have worked out. I could do what we did with Simcraftia and offer a new world to build in, but I'm afraid that it would become underused..... It's a waste of space if it's underused.

We had a survival world, both an actual world and a MCEdit that sbl mentioned, and both are underused. A fire could have happened there months ago and nobody would have known. So I don't think I'll be adding that any time soon. The MCEdit one still exists.

But if there's people that will agree that they will use a new creative world in addition to our current one, then I can make that happen. :)

5 hours ago, crushingmayhem said:

I'm not in favor of having two separate worlds since one could end up being neglected. But adding biomes to the current flat world could work out. After all, we did that with the Spongecraftia Desert and forest didn't we? Perhaps we should add some more of that.

I feel like a survival world with Multicraft should be tested, and if it's neglected like Simcraft, then we just can just take a chunk of a survival world from MCEdit like how we had Survival SC, but expand it.

17 minutes ago, sbl said:

I feel like a survival world with Multicraft should be tested, and if it's neglected like Simcraft, then we just can just take a chunk of a survival world from MCEdit like how we had Survival SC, but expand it.

I was thinking about that the other day. Perhaps it should be based on Survival SC but with a bigger world to build in. It won't hurt to try out something different. I was thinking that places like HSC and USC need more MCEdit biomes since it can get tiring to just have a flat world with just trees and towns to build.