• Advertisement

Ask the Kat

Katniss

There is somewhat of a valid reason to why the SATs exist, even though they are really flawed. They at least give some kind of benchmark and litmus test of how someone might do in particular subjects and I also think they exist as a filtering mechanism, but colleges should be able to look at the overall picture and not just the SAT scores or ACTs, like how the student has performed in high school academics and whether those grades are good and if those can be used as a way to also measure how well the student might do in their particular degree program. Not everyone is necessarily great at taking tests but they can compensate in other ways with regards to their knowledge and skills.

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katniss

• E.V.I.L.

• Cha

• Space Cowboy

There is somewhat of a valid reason to why the SATs exist, even though they are really flawed. They at least give some kind of benchmark and litmus test of how someone might do in particular subjects and I also think they exist as a filtering mechanism, but colleges should be able to look at the overall picture and not just the SAT scores or ACTs, like how the student has performed in high school academics and whether those grades are good and if those can be used as a way to also measure how well the student might do in their particular degree program. Not everyone is necessarily great at taking tests but they can compensate in other ways with regards to their knowledge and skills.

I pretty much said this but I said it in a more extreme way

Well it's not so much that, I get that you need some way to selectively admit students into a good school, but the test ITSELF is stupid and is horrible at doing that?

Yeah it sucks

You have a point there

Has anyone ever caught you going onto this site or SBM IRL? I have not ran into that experience.

My brother was snooping over my shoulder once and saw SBM but he's probably forgotten about it by now.

Whenever I heard Ben sing "I loved you Gwenevere, I loved you Gwenevere, I loved you" from We Laughed Indoors, I feel loved inside? ♥

Same here ❤️

lmao even teachers hate the educational systen.. its not just us students being whiny? XD

Everyone thinks it sucks XD

Are you an Anita Sarkeesian fan?

Never watched her videos