• Advertisement

A Child's Deception

crushingmayhem

My first attempt at a lit in over a year, hope you enjoy it.

A Child's Deception

Chapter 1:

Once there was a boy who had a passion for games, he tried his hardest at getting good at them and always was victorious at the games he was in. But one day it all changed when his parents were murdered by members of a local gang who wanted to break into the family's home, the parents tried to resist but it was useless once the gang pointed a gun directly into the parent's faces and told them to give them their money. The boy's parents tried their best to survive but surrendering seemed like the only viable option and thus they gave the gang all their fortune in exchange for their lives. The gang complained that they lived in the slums and had to survive by killing people. Although the parents understood their frustration, the gang members didn't give up on attacking the boy's parents, mainly because it was their job to steal from others and kill the victims. Sadly, nothing could be done as the gang members didn't care about humanity since they had already lost theirs, quickly the gang pulls the trigger and kill the parents. A neighbor heard the gunshots and quickly called the police, but it was already too late. When the boy learned about his parent's deaths he was deeply saddened, they had him stay at an orphanage until further notice.

There, the boy met many people that had passed through many grievances and he told them his previous experiences including his gaming career. But the damage had already been done, the boy was too depressed to even give any further explanations to his fellow orphan friends. He did his best to try to escape the orphanage, especially after hearing the confessions of most orphan children. The boy wasn't the calm type since he liked to go on adventures and play games, but upon hearing the confessions he began to have negative feelings and a feeling of guilt, mostly because he couldn't help his parents at the time of the events. As he tried to escape, he encountered two guards that told him to get back to his room, but the boy refused. They tried taking him back by force but then the struggle began. The boy had taken a knife he found in the kitchen of the orphanage and quickly stabbed the two guards until they fell dead. His initial reaction wasn't a happy one, rather he was more traumatized than ever, but his fellow orphan friends hailed him as a hero since they felt like they took revenge against all the problems that their lives and the orphanage had suffered throughout the years. Afterwards, the boy gathered all the friends he had and tried to run as fast as he can to escape. When they reach the exit, they noticed that the door's are opened for unknown reasons and thus they go outside the orphanage. But to their surprise, all the guards were waiting for them outside and were all pointing their guns at the children. Though they noticed that one of the guards was not pointing at them, and for some reason they came to aid the children. The guard was rather brave and fought back, they had been an experienced guard for many years. But when the other guards tried to shoot, the guard that aided the children responded: "You will not hurt these children as they have suffered too much, learn about your humanities and start living your lives in peace". This meant an important step towards the freedom of the children as the guards lowered their guns and let the children escape unharmed.

END.

• Like 4

Chapter 2:

Following the boy's escape from the orphanage, he decided to go to the nearest city and there he slowly regained his humanity. But after several months passed, his past came back to haunt him. He was still depressed over the fact that his parents had died, despite his experiences with friends in the orphanage.

Later, on one night he snapped after realizing how cruel the world had been to him, and thus grabbed a machete that he found in the street and began chasing after victims. After killing at least 10 people, the final victim, a middle aged woman told him "Please let me be, you're only a boy and you have a future in this world" this stunned the boy, he was very shocked by those words and he slowly released his weapon and hugged the person who was his victim while crying to them. "The world should be fair to me, I can't take this anymore I wish someone would help me overcome my problems" the boy said. As the boy kept talking, the woman told him that she would take him in if he abandoned his killing spree, the boy accepted.

A year passed, and now the boy had acknowledged the middle aged woman as his new mother. The two of them grew very close, and the boy even found a girlfriend at the school he now attended. Times were indeed changing for the boy, he used to say at times "I'm glad to have found a new home, now I can finally redeem myself from all that pain and misery I suffered, life is worth living".

For the boy, the worst was about to come as he came to know the location of his parent's killers. Revenge was indeed coming to his mind, and he prepared for the moment that would finally put an end to it all.

END

Chapter 3: (Finale)

After the boy met the woman that took care of him, he learned the location of his parents' killers. Revenge was indeed on his mind, and he prepared for the moment that would avenge his parents. He grabbed a gun and went straight to the location that was given to him.

When he arrived he saw the bodies of many people scattered all over the place, this shocked him since he had never seen a similar horror before. He tried getting his bad memories of the past off his mind and proceeded to the next room. In this next room, something bad was awaiting him as he slowly moved forward. When he looked at the ceiling, there was a trap set up for him, as it fell he miraculously avoided it. Then a voice was heard, it happened to be a man who appeared to be in his late 20s. The man didn't look or sound hostile, in fact he helped the boy proceed forward.

What awaited the two in the next room was something horrific, they saw countless people in chains in what appeared to be slavery. Quickly the boy and the man in his 20s, tried freeing those people from their current state, but what awaited them now was a group of mercenaries that appeared in the scene. One of them yelled: "So you're that motherfucker that involved in last year's murders". This stunned the boy since he never knew that someone had known his true identity, especially the one of a killer. But the boy replied: "How is it that you know my identity? I had never shown my face in front of anyone, especially in front of murderers like you". The mercenary was not amused, instead he laughed at the boy and told him that they had known him all along since they had seen a photo of him on his parent's house. The boy, realizing that the mercenaries were his parent's killers, he quickly shot back at them. The mercenaries responded by shooting back at him; the fight between the two groups intensified until one of the enslaved people was shot and killed. This infuriated the boy and he said: "How could you be so cruel? these are innocent people. They deserve to live no matter how hard or how bad this world is. My parents deserved the same and you took them from me". The killers didn't care for his speech nor his humanity, and they started shooting more people until the man in his 20s told everyone to run.

As they escaped, the boy stayed inside the compound and the fight between him and the mercenaries intensified even more to the point where they were stabbing each other to death. One of the mercenaries who was stabbing the boy, looked at him viciously like he wanted revenge, the only difference that revenge was the boy's main objective. The boy quickly resisted the blows and got up, he then punched the mercenary leader and started stabbing him back. While stabbing him he said: "Die! Die! That's all that you deserve! I always had the desire to live a normal life but because of people like you I couldn't achieve my goals!" After several more stabs the mercenary leader was dead, fearing for their lives the other mercenaries fled the scene, but were then cornered by the man in his 20s and some of the enslaved who victoriously killed the remaining mercenaries and managed to escape in time. After killing his parents killers, the boy said: "I finally did it, mom, dad, you two can finally rest in peace". The boy then escaped the compound along with the others.

In the exit, he reunited with the rest and they all headed towards their freedom. The man who accompanied him asked the boy what he was going to do now after getting revenge. And he replied "I want to fight for what's best and for the freedom of all humanity, my experience with games showed me that and I plan on doing my best to ensure that".

He then walked towards the horizon and looked at the sky, which looked like it was giving him the best of luck for his future.

THE END.