• Advertisement

Rapper Pinkie's Top 5 Best Songs of the 90's

CyanideFishbone

The list that'll kill me. 

Here we go:

5: "Man In The Box" by Alice In Chains

Album: Facelift (1990)

I can not describe how much i love this song. It's funky beat, the lyrics, just everything. I absolutely love the lyrics in this song. "Jesus christ, deny your maker." my personal favorite. It's what Alice In Chains is. Grunge with deep lyrics. This is another song i can relate to. Being the weird kid in the class. The kid who sits by himself at Recess and is usually sad (i'm not sad, but yeah) lyrics like "I'm the dog who gets beat" can describe my middle school life, particularly 7th grade, where i was alone most of the time. It just really describes middle school for me well, being the kid who gets bullied a lot. R.I.P. Layne Staley.

• Like 2

4: "Suck My Kiss" By The Red Hot ChilI Peppers

Album: Blood Sugar Sex Magik (1991)

Ah, the Chillies. The band that's all about blood, sugar, sex and magik and California. All California jokes aside, i love this song a ton. The funky beat just has me sold, that catchy-as-hell chorus (YOUR MOUTH WAS MADE TO SUCK MY KISS), and this is all coming from a song about.... oral sex. Whatever. I still remember when i was nine years old and playing Guitar Hero 3 and reaching this song on multiplayer and cracking in this joyous smile while listening to it. Sure, Give It Away, Californication, Scar Tissue, and Under The Bridge could also be here, but i just love Suck My Kiss so much. Hit me, you can't hurt me, suck my kiss. Kiss me please pervert me, stick with this. Is she talking dirty? Give to me your sweet sacred bliss, your mouth was made to suck my kiss..... Excuse me while i go listen to Blood Sugar Sex Magik and funk out. 

• Like 2

3: "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam

Album: "Ten" (1991)

I know Pearl Jam has done lots of ballads, but this is easily my favorite. I love how emotional this song is (then again, it's about a boy who shot himself) and the lyrics are really great. Vedder's attention to detail, just everything is so great. I know i'm really blunt right here, and i know how short this is. But, that's exactly why i love this song. Jeremy spoke in class today.....

• Like 1

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

"Cherub Rock" // The Smashing Pumpkins (Siamese Dream, 1993) (Awesome beat, great lyrics and catchy as hell)

"What's My Age Again?" // Blink-182 (Enema Of The State, 1999) (Blink classic)

"Know Your Enemy" // Rage Against The Machine (Rage Against The Machine, 1992) (Rap metal at it's best. SUCK IT LINKIN PARK)

"Enter Sandman" // Metallica (Metallica, 1990) (The last really good Metallica song before all the Load shit)

"Come Out And Play" // The Offspring (Smash, 1995) (Catchy as hell, and HEEY HEEY COME OUT AND PLAY)

"Dammit" // Blink-182 (Dude Ranch, 1997) (My personal favorite Blink song)

"El Scorcho" // Weezer (Pinkerton, 1996) (My personal favorite Weezer song, even though i prefer Blue to Pinkerton. GODDAMMIT HALF JAPANESE GIRLS)

That's enough. Let's get cracking!

Number 2:

"Welcome To Paradise" by Green Day (Dookie, 1994)

Oh, Dookie. Fucking Dookie. One of the best albums of the 90's, behind Nevermind. Everything about Dookie is just so good. It's just so good. It sums up Green Day perfectly; it's fast, and just great music all around. Sure, there's Basket Case, Longview, She, When I Come Around, Burnout, Having A Blast, and all these great songs from Dookie, but this is my favorite. It was so hard deciding between this and Longview. Longview's a great song and the original super-raunchy Green Day song. But Welcome To Paradise is just better. That fucking breakdown- drum solo thing in the middle, that catchy-as-hell chorus, and it's just sooo good. I'm being really blunt here- but if you've heard this song, you know what i mean. 

This'll get you next. 

Some more honorable mentions (Well, actually 1)

Losing My Religion by R.E.M (Out Of Time, 1991)- This song is just soooo good. I prefer 80's R.E.M, but this is still fucking fantastic.

HERE WE GO:

1: "Drain You" "Swap Meet" "Pennyroyal Tea" all by Nirvana (Bleach, 1989, Nevermind, 1991, In Utero, 1993)

I don't think many of you know this, but Nirvana is my favorite band. Hell, they were pretty much the most famous band of the 90's. I love everything about their music, it's fast and sounds fucking great and the epitome of what all grunge should sound like. I coulden't pick just 1. I'm sorry. I had to pick 3 of my favorites from each album. Let's go!

"Swap Meet"- Catchy as hell. You may not now it, it's on the weird Melvins-type second half of Bleach, which i love. I love the Melvins, so why the hell not? It's catchy, it has Kurt Cobain's signature screaming, and it's just soo good. That's really all i have to say. Definaintly give this a listen.

"Drain You"- I love this song. It's so good. It's what Nirvana is. I love it. It's fast and has that epic breakdown halfway through. That's all i really need to say. IT IS NOW MY DUTY TO COMPLETELY DRAIN YOUUU

"Pennyroyal Tea"- This is a great song. I love how it starts out acoustic and goes full on electric guitar by the end. It's great. Nuff' said.

That's the verdict! Feel free to post your opinions about my choices!

• Like 1