• Advertisement

Which Main Character would you get Rid of?

Wumbledon

I think it wouldn't be easy to get rid of any of these characters to be honest since they've become such staples of the show, plus SpongeBob is entering it's 15th year of existence.  I doubt the show would take such drastic measures as to remove one of it's main characters.

Personally, I would get rid of Mr. Krabs since his character I'm just sick of since they've stretched his one common identifier (HE LOVES MONEY LOL) into just worn out it's welcome.

I agree with the above. If I had to, however, I'd say Squidward. He's the only character of the show that truly isn't necessary, whereas Mr. Krabs is too entwined with SpongeBob to be removed, and Patrick is too entwined with SpongeBob to be removed.

• Like 2

Even though I dislike Patrick more, Mr. Krabs is the one that'd be easiest to get rid of and one I would. I think it would be impossible to remove Pat now. 

It's pretty impossible to remove Mr. Krabs too. Take him out you take out the Krusty Krab, Pearl (which I'm sure no one would mind), and Plankton (and if you take Plankton out you take out Karen too).

Obviously, the person it'd be easiest to remove is Sandy. After her, I'd say Patrick. I think I made this point before, but Patrick is easily the most useless main character. You could replace him with another moron for SB to be best friends with and it wouldn't make a difference.

I agree with the above. If I had to, however, I'd say Squidward. He's the only character of the show that truly isn't necessary, whereas Mr. Krabs is too entwined with SpongeBob to be removed, and Patrick is too entwined with SpongeBob to be removed.

THIS.

Even though I hate Mr. Krabs so much, I agreed with terminoob that Mr. Krabs is impossible to get rid of and Patrick needs to be on the show too because he is SpongeBob's best friend and he can still be funny from time to time. Even though I really like Squidward, he isn't necessary for the show now. Sure we all like his sarcastic jokes but the writers only use him as a punch bag now and we end up feeling bad for him. If the writers still want to use him as a punch bag, I really think he should be removed, instead if Patrick and Mr. Krabs. Writers, just make Squidward happy and not miserable, so we don't have to feel bad for him.

THIS.

Even though I hate Mr. Krabs so much, I agreed with terminoob that Mr. Krabs is impossible to get rid of and Patrick needs to be on the show too because he is SpongeBob's best friend and he can still be funny from time to time. Even though I really like Squidward, he isn't necessary for the show now. Sure we all like his sarcastic jokes but the writers only use him as a punch bag now and we end up feeling bad for him. If the writers still want to use him as a punch bag, I really think he should be removed, instead if Patrick and Mr. Krabs. Writers, just make Squidward happy and not miserable, so we don't have to feel bad for him.

But... he can't be taken out either. He needs to take all the bad parts of Spongebob's plans (I feel like a broken record, but this just keeps coming up). Spongebob is optimism, kindness, happiness; Squidward is pessimism, cynicism, misery. The writers need a way to show that not only will optimism always come out on top, but they need a way for Spongebob to not be hurt. He broke his butt and then ended up as a hermit. That's what happens when Spongebob gets his comeuppance, and as much as people hate Squidward abuse, they'd hate a show about Spongebob learning how cruel the world is even more.

The only main character that doesn't really serve a purpose is Sandy, only because of how frequently she's absent compared to everyone else. She could be Spongebob's moral compass, and she could help him be more mature, but she's not around often enough for her to actually do those things (that's her purpose when she's there, but he gets along fine either way).

• Like 1

Realistically, Sandy, but that's not her charactr's fault persay rather than the fault of her usual absence.

Ideally, I would choose either Patrick or Mr. Krabs because they simply don't attract me like the others do.