• Advertisement

The Official Oscars 2014 Thread

jdfr03

I'm just talking about not only the jokes, but the schedule pacing. I mean did we really need Pink performing an American Idol version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow?

Oh look! It's Benedict Cumberbatch...what was I complaining about again?

I'm complaining about Benedict Cumberbatch.

This link further proves my own philosophy about how uptight and stuck in their ways the Academy themselves tend to be. Reading those comments from them pissed me off a lot.

This link further proves my own philosophy about how uptight and stuck in their ways the Academy themselves tend to be. Reading those comments from them pissed me off a lot.

Seriously. It's like they don't realize that it takes time, effort, and a lot more talent to make a great animated movie than it does to make a great live-action movie. Design alone is more time consuming, not to mention having to animate every damn facial expression and having to break everything about a character so it animates properly (or in Frozen's case, creating new software just to animate hair [and new lighting software in Monster's U's case]). What if any of the live-action movies were animated? Would people bother seeing them then? Or would Leonardo DiCaprio blowing cocaine up a hooker's ass still be "childish" if it was animated?

• Like 3

I mean hell listen to Idina Menzel's singing right now. This song moved me a hell of a lot more than most songs on the radio this past year and more than some movies did. And where did this come from? An animated feature. These Academy guys are clearly underestimating the powerful strides animation has taken over so many decades now. The fact it keeps getting underlooked year in and year out just pisses me off man.

• Like 1

I mean hell listen to Idina Menzel's singing right now. This song moved me a hell of a lot more than most songs on the radio this past year and more than some movies did. And where did this come from? An animated feature. These Academy guys are clearly underestimating the powerful strides animation has taken over so many decades now. The fact it keeps getting underlooked year in and year out just pisses me off man.

Hopefully sooner or later we'll get an animated movie winning Best Picture. Maybe it'll even be made by me.

I think this was my most successful live-tweeting award ceremony yet. I was in top form this year, if I do say so myself.

I have no qualms with any of the winners. Time to go cleanse my palette with True Detective, starring Academy Award winner Matthew McConaughey.

I think this was my most successful live-tweeting award ceremony yet. I was in top form this year, if I do say so myself.

As was I.

Yeah who would have thought five years ago we would be calling Matthew McConaughey an Academy Award winning actor. The man has impressed the hell out of me with his career reformation. He deserves it and I probably will end up seeing Dallas Buyers Club to see both his and Leto's performances in it.

Also now I definitely plan to catch 12 Years a Slave very soon.

Fixed. You typed "Let Her Go" instead of "Let It Go".

Yeah I noticed that as soon as I entered this thread again. If Passenger ever won an Academy Award for Let Her Go, hell would have frozen over.

Hopefully they'll release a new batch of Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and Fool's Gold DVDs that say "Starring Academy Award Winner Matthew McConaughey".

Don't forget Failure to Launch and How To Lose a Guy in Ten Days.

I like how Warner Brothers pretty much spoiled the ending to Gravity in their Sandra Bullock congratulations....oh well, the movie has made enough money already anyway....right?

Reddit and tumblr are both really polarizing when it comes to Ellen Degeneres. Reddit really didn't like her, but tumblr just couldn't get enough of her and loved everything (even the pizza thing). 

Seems about right. I thought she was pretty average. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler did a better job with the Globes, but that's also probably because it's the Globes.

I liked Ellen, I do agree that the pizza thing was a little bit painful to watch, and ya know, the celebrity selfie was cute and felt refreshing. The awards itself, well I haven't seen all the movies so I can't really judge who deserve what, I did feel a bit confused over some of the clips recompilations and felt some ended on an awkward note...but overall, it was a good Oscar night.  

Here's some proof that the Academy needs some new blood.

I nominate myself.

Also, I enjoyed Ellen as a host, and I predicted most of the winners, but there were still some surprises, namely Matthew McConahay's Best Actor win. I thought Leo would get it for sure!