• Advertisement

The Official Oscars 2014 Thread

jdfr03

Oh I am absolutely excited.  I've seen four of the nine best picture nominees and I've been trying my best to find ways to catch the others.  I have 12 Years a Slave downloading on iTunes for digital release in hopes that I can watch it tomorrow.  Regardless, there will be things that I absolutely disagree with in terms of winners and who got snubbed, but I will definitely spending my night watching it....along with The Walking Dead in between.

Frozen winning Best Animated Movie comes as no surprise but Ride a Horse not winning was an even bigger surprise so far.

What was an even bigger surprise was this:

d7e682b0-a26d-11e3-bfb9-a51d2c3d4e2b_RC-

Probably bigger than this:

02252013JLaw-jpg_181549.jpg

What was an even bigger surprise was this:

d7e682b0-a26d-11e3-bfb9-a51d2c3d4e2b_RC-

Probably bigger than this:

02252013JLaw-jpg_181549.jpg

You mean Jennifer Lawrence isn't human? She doesn't have to be balanced because she's a celebrity. She's down to Earth like a lot of us.

You mean Jennifer Lawrence isn't human? She doesn't have to be balanced because she's a celebrity. She's down to Earth like a lot of us.

She is human like the rest of us. I meant it like a joke lol. I know she's really down to Earth though.

Literally.

Because she falls down a lot.

No lol. :P

Because she's really normal. Like...literally a civilized person. Maybe she is? WHY ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT IF JENNIFER IS AN ALIEN OR NOT????

No lol. :P

Because she's really normal. Like...literally a civilized person. Maybe she is? WHY ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT IF JENNIFER IS AN ALIEN OR NOT????

I know. I was joking. I'm trying to get last minute "Funniest Member" noms. Clearly not working.

I know. I was joking. I'm trying to get last minute "Funniest Member" noms. Clearly not working.

Personally, I don't really care for the awards or contest. Good luck with them. :stinkeye:

Recommendation: Needs more Nostalgia Critic references.

Yeah, but I got a Hungry Like a Wolf/Wolf of Wall Street joke out of it so I could handle it.

I really need to see Wolf of Wall Street.

While I do find Ellen's jokes funny more often than not, why do I feel like the pacing for this years Oscars was set up at the very last minute?

I really need to see Wolf of Wall Street.

While I do find Ellen's jokes funny more often than not, why do I feel like the pacing for this years Oscars was set up at the very last minute?

Maybe it's all improv'd.

Maybe it's all improv'd.

I'm just talking about not only the jokes, but the schedule pacing. I mean did we really need Pink performing an American Idol version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow?

Oh look! It's Benedict Cumberbatch...what was I complaining about again?