• Advertisement

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Clappy

Trying my best not to spoil this either....without spoiler tags, but I thought it was easily the second best of the Phase 2 films.  I didn't really expect to get involved as much as I did.  I knew I was going to like it, but wow did it defy my expectations.  My only complaint though was that:

Spoiler

I kinda wish we got to know more about the character of Ronan.  He was an absolute badass, but I didn't feel like we got to know his motivations for being the way that he was.  I get that he wanted power....yada yada yada...all villains want power.  Lee Pace did a good job though regardless.  Same complaint for Nebula, but we all know she will be back for the sequel with how she went out.  I hope the sequel does a good job developing this half-sister rivalry she has with Gamora.  But yeah, I just felt like the two villains (not including Thanos) needed more of a backstory because they were such compelling characters to me.

Otherwise, I thought the movie was great.  Probably the best one I've seen this summer alongside 22 Jump Street.  Not sure which was better, but at the moment, I want to say Guardians since it really surprised me how much more that I enjoyed this than I thought I would.

Trying my best not to spoil this either....without spoiler tags, but I thought it was easily the second best of the Phase 2 films.  I didn't really expect to get involved as much as I did.  I knew I was going to like it, but wow did it defy my expectations.  My only complaint though was that:

Spoiler

I kinda wish we got to know more about the character of Ronan.  He was an absolute badass, but I didn't feel like we got to know his motivations for being the way that he was.  I get that he wanted power....yada yada yada...all villains want power.  Lee Pace did a good job though regardless.  Same complaint for Nebula, but we all know she will be back for the sequel with how she went out.  I hope the sequel does a good job developing this half-sister rivalry she has with Gamora.  But yeah, I just felt like the two villains (not including Thanos) needed more of a backstory because they were such compelling characters to me.

Otherwise, I thought the movie was great.  Probably the best one I've seen this summer alongside 22 Jump Street.  Not sure which was better, but at the moment, I want to say Guardians since it really surprised me how much more that I enjoyed this than I thought I would.

Spoiler

I thought they could've explained Ronan a bit better but they got his general character fine. He's more or less a Kree extremist that wants to destroy Xandar/Nova Corps and to do that he needed the Infinity Stone (there's a reason why he wants to destroy Xandar but it's escaping me at the moment). The comics have the luxury of having lots of time to explain (he has four comics all to himself in the Annihilation series that explain him), so I think the movie did the best it could've. I thought they did a fine job with Nebula too because they kept saying she wasn't as favored as Gamora was so she was driven by jealousy and wanting to be better. I don't think Nebula is threatening enough to be the main villain of the sequel, though, and I don't see how they're gonna tie her to another villain (and I don't see Thanos becoming the main villain), so I'm excited to see what they end up doing with her.

It was cool to see, at first I thought the opening scene was another preview. That surprising. o.o Well the weapons I'd use would be

Spoiler

that whistle arrow thing (if I could whistle myself 

:( ) or Groot in general. They're kinda the same, yet Groot, he's more useful in different situations. GO GROOT 2016 PRESIDENT!

10/10 movie

It was cool to see, at first I thought the opening scene was another preview. That surprising. o.o Well the weapons I'd use would be

Spoiler

that whistle arrow thing (if I could whistle myself 

:( ) or Groot in general. They're kinda the same, yet Groot, he's more useful in different situations. GO GROOT 2016 PRESIDENT!

10/10 movie

Spoiler

Those really aren't the same at all, since Groot is an alien and the arrow is an arrow. Groot can stretch and impale people like he did on Ronan's ship but he's not an arrow.

Spoiler

The movie needs more Gamora to be honest. She's a very interesting character and Zoe Saldana portrayed her very well. She's the only woman in the team (in the movie).

Spoiler

The movie needs more Gamora to be honest. She's a very interesting character and Zoe Saldana portrayed her very well. She's the only woman in the team (in the movie).

Spoiler

I'm chalking it up to her getting a bigger role in the second movie. I thought the movie did a fairly good job at distributing screentime, but at the end of the day a lot of it was about Starlord and, to a lesser extent, Drax, with Rocket, Groot, and Gamora playing more or less supporting roles. Since Nebula is still running around, I'm going to assume that they have a plan for her and I can't imagine why that plan wouldn't include Gamora.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I stared at her the whole movie

That aside I felt like the only thing this movie wanted to do was show how exciting the guardians are (which they were) and not really explain who, what, where, when, and why. I guess they djd but it was really forced. Anyways this movie was very entertaining.

Spoiler

I stared at her the whole movie

That aside I felt like the only thing this movie wanted to do was show how exciting the guardians are (which they were) and not really explain who, what, where, when, and why. I guess they djd but it was really forced. Anyways this movie was very entertaining.

I thought they did a fine job with Starlord and Drax, and sort of Gamora, but Rocket and Groot were pretty much "here they are, they're cool, let's move on".

I thought they did a fine job with Starlord and Drax, and sort of Gamora, but Rocket and Groot were pretty much "here they are, they're cool, let's move on".

I didnt really get Starlords origin. He went out to cry about his mom then got abducted by those guys?

I didnt really get Starlords origin. He went out to cry about his mom then got abducted by those guys?

Spoiler

Yondu says at the end of the film that Peter's dad hired him to go get Peter for him. If Peter's dad is kept the same in the movie(s) as in the comics, then I'm going to assume he kept tabs on Peter and knew his mom was dying so he sent Yondu and his crew to get Peter and bring him to him for reasons. Yondu didn't do that (for whatever reason; probably because he thinks Peter's dad is a prick) and kept Peter on board instead and raised him like a son.

Spoiler

Yondu says at the end of the film that Peter's dad hired him to go get Peter for him. If Peter's dad is kept the same in the movie(s) as in the comics, then I'm going to assume he kept tabs on Peter and knew his mom was dying so he sent Yondu and his crew to get Peter and bring him to him for reasons. Yondu didn't do that (for whatever reason; probably because he thinks Peter's dad is a prick) and kept Peter on board instead and raised him like a son.

Spoiler

Ohhh I didnt catch that part. I did hear Yondu say Peter's dads a prick though.