• Advertisement

Protectors of the Sea

Cosmic-Loop

I'm starting a new crossover spin-off!

It's a sort of alternate-universe thing...

I'll just say it, it's a Sailor Mon mash-up, so its bound to be weird.

You don't have to know much about Sailor Moon to enjoy this spin-off, but if you want to go on the SM wiki or something, go ahead.

Rated PG-13 to be safe. May be some blood. No strong language or 'adult themes' or anything like that lol.

I'll start posting the actual episode(s) next reply, I wanted this to be the intro and I just felt weird mixing it with the chapter, since I already typed the whole thing and would just make it a really long post...

• Like 7

Protectors of the Sea

Episode 1a: Life Turns Around!?

Somewhere on Earth, somewhere deep in the Pacific Ocean, there lays an obscure community known as Bikini Bottom, which is a surprisingly strange and awkward name. But if you're reading this, you likely already know this place. So let's skip the formal stuff and get to what you've been waiting for; the characters.

It's a seemingly normal day, when a yellow fellow who looks strikingly similar to a block of cheese turns on his television. The first channel that comes on is the news.

“.....Looks like Sailor B has done it again! An entire bank was saved due to Sailor B's efforts...” the TV grizzled, with a touch of static.

“Hmm, 'Sailor B', huh? I wonder who this 'Sailor B' is...” the yellow dude pondered. The TV continued on with the story, showing a picture of the claimed hero.

“D'ohhhh, being a superhero like that looks so cool! I sure wish I was one!” he cried. He turned the TV off, and walked over to the kitchen to make breakfast. He wanted to make pancakes, so he started getting the ingredients. Then, the clock struck 9 AM.

“GAH! Did I oversleep?! I must've forgot to set my alarm! But... that's really strange! I was really sure I did butiguessididnotandohmygoshi'msolate!!!” he exclaimed. “BAH! Forget this, then!” He screamed as he shoved the pancake supplies away, and just put some bread in the toaster instead. He grabbed it without any butter or toppings, and dashed out the door; toast in mouth. He seemed to ignore the fact that a snail was perched on his mailbox. The mailbox read, “SpongeBob's House”.

“I'M-LATE-I'M-LATE-I'M-LATE-I'M-LATE-I'M-LATE-I'M-LATE!!” SB mumbled as he ran. He then suddenly stopped when the same snail from earlier appeared in front of him.

“Oh! Gary, what're you doing here?!” SB exclaimed. “Don'cha know, I'm late for work...! Hey, are you okay...?”

“Didn't you forget something...” Gary said faintly.

“Huh? Wait... WHAT? What'd you just say?! Did you actually just speak in...” SpongeBob stuttered.

“Uhm... ah... UHMM... Meow?”

“Hmm... Eh? Maybe it was just me... Oh well! Back to work! YIKES!” SpongeBob then bolted faster than Sonic the Hedgehog... what? No, this isn't copyright violating at all, what're you talking about?! Anyways...

SpongeBob then arrived at work, at the . Luckily he didn't get noticed by any fellow employees, and the place was dead when he got there; so he snuck to the kitchen, his usual work spot. Once the customers picked up, he then began his usual work routine; taking orders, frying Krabby Pattys, taking more orders, frying more Krabby Pattys, etc. The usual; same-old, same-old.

“Don't think I didn't notice you sneak in” said a familiar voice. Well, familiar to SB anyway. Don't judge me, I'm only the narrator! Anyways...

“Huh?”

“Why were you so late today?” the voice said. The owner of the voice turned around to face Spongebob through the window between them; it was his fellow work buddy, Squidward.

“Uhmm, well, you see...” SpongeBob muttered. “I'm sorry! Please don't tell Mr. Krabs! I'm so sorrypleasedon'tgetmeintroubleblablablabla--”

“Chill out, I'm not! I'm only wondering because I was to.”

“But, you're always late, Squid--”

“Later than USUAL, dummy! Sheesh.”

“Ohhhhhhhh.... So how late?”

“I dunno, like a half-hour? An hour?”

“Funny, so was I! It's like I forgot about my alarm, or something. And I swear, Gary spoke to me!”

“Inspiring.”

“No, I mean really! Like... in words! He said something like 'You forgot something', but it was in a weird whisper-ey voice. It was weird! But it happened, you gotta believe me!”

“Hmm. Weird. Whatever.”

“......Hey, Squid?! Is there a daylight re-savings time? Because maybe we--”

“No....”

“Oh.”

The day went on as normal from there.

“But, I'm still curious about that Sailor B person... Who are they? And what do they plan to do?” SpongeBob thought in his head.

Eventually, the day came to a close, and SpongeBob went home. He walked in the door; it was late.

“I think I'll take a nap...” he mumbled; it was a long day. He shuffled upstairs to his bedroom, stopped walking once he got to his bed, then fell face-first onto the mattress. “Goodnight...”

Suddenly, there was a strange noise coming from the window. SpongeBob got up to look around and see what it was. He looked at the window in his room and saw...

“Gary?!”

WE INTERRUPT THIS STORY FOR OUR COMMERCIAL BREAK!

STAY TUNED FOR PART TWO OF EPISODE-ONE!!!

• Like 1

Sorry for the hiatus, everyone! I just logged in now and have more parts to upload... But realized it was moved to the locker just today :c

If only i was a day earlier! If i update again, will it just be moved back to where the other fics are again? 

Sorry I still don't know SBC all that well... as i've been gone for a while : P

Anyway I plan to revive this and upload the next part tomorrow!

Sorry for the confusion, everybody : P

To make a long story short: i had technical issues and then school started.

Anyway, as promised, here's the next part. :) (I copied & pasted and tried proofreading, so sorry if there's some "off" spots)

- - - - - - -

This was typed back in late August, so not so much "lazy" anymore :P

- - - - - - -

WE'RE BACK, AFTER COPYRIGHT CONFLICT! (ACTUALLY THE SCRIPT-WRITER WAS JUST LAZY AND FORGETFULL!)

BUT WE'RE STILL BACK, ANYWAY, RIGHT?!

Suddenly, there was a strange noise comming from the window. SpongeBob got up to look around and see what it was. He looked at the window in his room and saw...

“Gary?! Is that you? What are you doing in that window?! Don't you know how high off the ground that is? If you fall backwards, you'll--”

“What you heard this morning, was not an illusion. I really did speak to you--”

“WHOA! Did Gary just talk to me again?!”

“You understand me when I talk Snail, what's the big difference--”

“It's like I understand what you're saying!!”

“What the heck is wrong with you.”

“Huh? Come by again--”

“Ugh, what's the use. Anyway, I have something imortant to tell you...”

“Couldn't you have just told me in Snail? I understand that.”

“...”

“What?”

“Sigh... ANYWAY, let me get to the point. There is new evil afoot... Which is ironic because obviously it's Plankton which isn't new at all, and haha 'afoot' because he's smaller than your foot... ANYWAY! I need you to fight against this evil.”

“Huh? But how will I do that?”

“You must transform into your alternate self... Sailor Innocence!

“Huh? Sailor Innocence? Isn't that like, Sailor Moon--”

“NO THIS IS VERY ORIGINAL, now LISTEN to me! You must transform into Sailor Innocence and fight evil!”

“So it IS like Sailor Moo-”

“NO NO IT IS VERY ORIGINAL!”

“So, since this is like Sailor you-know-it, does that mean there are other Sailors I gotta find?”

“...Yes... Ugh, just--- HERE!”

Gary did a flip in the air and a brooch appeared.

“This brooch will let you transform into Sailor Innocence.”

“So I shout 'Moon Prism Power'.”

“NO!”

“Fine, 'Moon Prism Power, Make Up!' Sorry for being a dubbie*...”

(* a dubbie reffers to a person who watches anime dubbed in their native language – usually English – as supposed to watching Japanese with subtitles, who would be called a subbie)

“Ugh, stop with the anime crap! What do you watch when I'm not around?!”

“Uhhhhmmmm........ Stuff.”

“Right.”

“...”

“Moving on. Okay, you shout 'Innocence Prism Power'.”

“Really? 'Big' difference. Could this author get any more cliche?”

“Just kidding. It's 'Eternal Innocence, Suffice'.”

“Oh. Didn't see that coming. Or, did I...???”

“No, you didn't. You didn't even register my talking to you this morning and five minutes ago. Now stop with the refference jokes already, we're getting off topic.”

“Fine.” SpongeBob picked up the brooch. “ Eternal Inno-- WAIT!”

“Crap, what now?!”

“Gary, if I transform into Sailor Moon-a-whats, does that mean I wear a skirt?”

“What the heck, how am I supposed to know that? I'm only ordered to tell you this stuff, I don't test out every Sailor's transformation brooch. Sheesh!”

SpongeBob squinted his eyes. “Are you sure this isn't how you get your sick kicks?”

“Shut up and transform already.”

“Okay, fine already. Sheesh! Eternal Innocence, Suffice!”

Transformation sequence stuff happened. SpongeBobs new sailor suit was an exact clone of Sailor Moon's, only it was TEN TIMES SQUARER, AND TEN TIMES SPONGIER! Also ten times more cliche.

“...Reeeeaaally, Gary?” SpongeBob went to a tall mirror. “Aww, crap, COME ON! It IS a skirt! How am I gonna save people like-- WAIT a minute! It's a skort! Secret shorts, oh yeah! Yeah! Oh--”

“What's wrong with you?”

He turned to face Gary. “Lots of things, they say.”

“What a sad life. Listen, you have to fight evil now that you're transformed!” Gary said.

“But... where is the evil?”

“We wait.”

“So, we just wait?”

“Yes! Wait.”

“Umm. Can't we just fight normal evil until then? Y' know; bank robberies, school bullies, house fires, store theft--”

“No! We must fight only the evil that Plankton sets out-- Aww, who am I kidding.”

“Wait! I'm sensing something!”

“That mask you have is actually a gadget! Use it!”

“But how do I use--” SpongeBob tapped the mask. Suddenly the mask's eye-holes became a hologram, one of what looked like a map, and the other a bunch of text.

“Whoa! Is this like Google Glass?”

“Just pay attention! What does it say?”

“Gasp! It's at... my work? The Krusty Krab?”

STAY TUNED AND STUFF! WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT EPISODE? WHO IS IN TROUBLE? AND WHO IS CAUSING IT?

NEXT TIME! ON.... SAILOR MOON-- I MEAN, WHATEVER THIS SHOW IS CALLED!

• Like 1

Sheesh, sorry for killing/reviving this topic AGAIN....

Okay so I'm going to try for real this time to keep updating this thing. And school's almost over so what the hay....

Yes, hay. Naynay :P

I'm just posting this message for now so there's a notice ahead-of-time that I'll be adding chapters again. I'll have to find the text file(s) again with the chapters in the meantime. If I find any umublished ones I'll post them up. Else not, I'll work on the next chapter :)

Finally, a real update! This may be a bit longer that the past updates, so hang tight! Sorry for any errors, my spellcheck stopped working and had to use an online one...

----------------

AFTER THE CRAP HIATUS WE ARE BACK! I'M A REALISTIC FISH HEAD AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS SHOW! 
WE LAST LEFT OFF WHERE SPONGEBOB BECAME SAILOR INNOCENCE, AND SENSES EVIL APPROACHING! 

“Gasp! It's at... my work? The Krusty Krab?” exclaimed Innocence. 

“Then we must hurry! Does it say who's in danger?” responded Gary. 
        “If it's at my work, I don't care who's in danger! We gotta help anyone there!”  
        The duo raced to the Krusty Krab as fast as they could. Spo... Innocence was afraid of arriving at that fastfood place and seeing the people there had been hurt. The two soon arrived at the restaurant, and though the glass doors saw Squidward and Krabs cowering. Luckily, it had been around closing time, so the place was practically 'customer-less.'  Innocence and Gary rushed inside, and upon their arrival, Squidward made a remark. 
        “Oh God, we're going to be saved by SpongeBob?!” 
        “What? I am not this 'SpongeBob' you speak of! I'm Sailor Innocence.” 
        “Uh, yeah. Sure.” Squidward said sarcastically. 
        “What makes you think I'm this 'SpongeBob' guy?” 
        “You're the only sponge in Bikini Bottom.” 
        “Well, what if I don't live in Bikini Bottom?” 
        “You've got Gary with you.” 
        “Huh? Oh, I don't know this snaaaail...! All–” 
        “Will ya boys quit yer bickerin'?!” Krabs yelled. 
        “Fine. Let Sailor Tutu here save us!” Squidward grumbled. 
        “I'll show you, Squid! Now, what's the problem here?” the sponge asked. 
        “In the office, lad...” Krabs responded. Sailor Innocence went to the door of Mr. Krabs' office and opened it. He stepped inside.  
        “Alright, really, what is the problem here? Come out, come out, where ever you– ” he stopped when he saw a silhouette, slightly bigger than him, come out of the shadows. It approached towards Innocence from the direction the recipe-safe was in. Innocence looked up at this... thing. The office was too dim to see this 'thing' clearly, and it was blocking the path to the light-switch. 
        “Sailor Innocence! This must be the enemy! We've got to do something!” Gary exclaimed. 
        “But Gary, it's too dark too see this thing! What do we do? What do I do?!” 
        “Just stay calm! If you panic too much, who knows what could happen?!” 
        “But Gary... I'm so confused! I don't know what to do! And what if I mess up and lose? Or what if it's not the enemy? What if it's just a tall bystander, I don't want to hurt anybody!” Innocence sputtered. 
        “For the love of Neptune, calm down! We're going to take this thing down, I'll even help you!” 
        “Who's gonna take me down?” the thing started to mutter, “Nobody's going to take me down!” 
        “Easy for you to say!” dared Gary. 
        “And who's the box?” the thing asked, tauntingly. 
        “Wha?” the sponge said, “I'm... Sailor Innocence! Fighter of justice, and here to protect the sea! In the name of the moon, I'll punish you!” 
        “Wow, that was really good.” Gary whispered. 
        “Ehh? Oh, I just copied the anime! Da-ha-ha...” Innocence said guiltily. 
        “God, I've told you this isn't Sailor Moon!” 
        “Anime? Someone quoted an anime? Barnacles, I hate nerd-scum like you!” the enemy-thing growled. 
        “Whaa!? That's so mean! Can't you have more heart?” Innocence gasped. 
        “SILENCE, you!” the enemy boomed, slashing it's arm in a quick attack. 
        “Eeep!!” Innocence squeaked, ducking and missing the attack. 
        “Sailor Innocence! Do something, or we're toast!” Gary exclaimed. 
        “But... But I still don't know what to do! How do I attack, I don't have any weapons!? And I still can't see clearly! Ahhh, I just don't know! I just don't know!” Innocence freaked. The enemy attempted another attack, but Innocence dodged it again. “This is more scary than I thought! I miss my old everyday life! I wanna go baaack!” Innocence started panicking, was on the verge of tears, and didn't know what to do but whine. The enemy backed him into a corner. “I don't know... I don't know...” Suddenly, a bright light appeared. It shined so bright it lit the room fully, and temporarily blinded the enemy. Apparently it had been summoned by Innocence's crying. 
        “Sailor Innocence! The light!” Gary gasped. Innocence opened his eyes and saw the room basked in pure white light. 
        “Did I do that...?” he said, amazed. 
        “Innocence, look! We can see the enemy!” the snail exclaimed. “It's a... huh?” The enemy at first looked like an average fish-person, but it soon opened its eyes, no longer stunned, and then it was clear what it was. 
        “A... robot?” Innocence questioned, “But, why would–“ 
        “Yes, I am a robot! Have you got a problem with that? Now die!” it boomed. It then tried to attack Sailor Innocence, but he defended himself by using his arms as a shield, and punched back. They both kept this up, Innocence backing up while doing so; eventually backing out of the office and even out of the building, Squidward and Krabs watching. The robot inched forward each time, as well. The two kept fighting like this for a while, until Innocence became tired. Then, the robot went in for a stronger attack. Sailor Innocence, tired from fighting, actually got a direct hit by the robot this time. The robot attacked again, almost at full force. Innocence tried protecting himself, only for the robot to be successful once more. Innocence fell to the ground in pain. Suddenly, the robot's eyes began to turn red, as if lasers were about to emerge from them.  
        “What a joke. Goodbye, sailor fool...” the robot said, in a low voice. It was about to shoot it's eye-lasers, when suddenly...  
        “Halt!” 
        Everyone stopped and looked around to see who just spoke. Suddenly, they all saw. Up on the roof of the restaurant stood a figure. They had a cape that was blowing in the wind, and the sun was shining behind them so that they were a dark silhouette. 
        “Wow...” Innocence gasped. 
        “And now who is this?” the robot groaned. 
        “They call me 'the Mask'...” the figure said in a low drawl. 
        “And what are you going to do?” taunted the robot. Without a word, the figure threw a smokebomb, which landed in front of the robot and emitted a thick cloud of smoke upon landing. The robot's vision was obscured, and it could no longer attack Innocence. Innocence, however, could still see; light immediately flickered on from the mask he was wearing. 
        “Come on! Now's your chance, Innocence! Mm'oww!” 
        “But what's my attack?” the sponge asked, looking at Gary, “I don't have anything with me.” 
        “You watched your anime-show-thing, you should figure something out!” 
        Innocence thought. He thought and thought. Suddenly, a smirk slowly grew on his face. 
        “I may have something up my sleeve... or glove, more like.” he said cleverly, still smirking. 
        “Then come at me!” the enemy taunted. 
        “Heh...” Innocence took the V-shaped tiara off his forehead and held it in his hand. He chuckled, now confident, and then... 
        “INNOCENCE TIARA ATTACK!” he yelled, the tiara taking form of a disc. Innocence then threw it like a frisbee towards the enemy. It hit the enemy directly, like an arrow shot on the bullseye, and a bright light emerged soon after. The enemy robot screeched of defeat, and crumbled to a pile of metallic dust. The place had gone silent. 
        Innocence was dazed at what just happened. Suddenly, he looked up at the figure and said, “Say, thanks for the help, Mask!”  
        The figure grunted. “It wasn't much.” They began to turn away, then said over their shoulder, “We'll be meeting again soon, so don't waste too much time missing me!” After that, they leaped off the roof and suddenly Mask was gone. As if on cue, Gary rushed out of the KK to Innocence, who was still standing there with a blank look.  
        “Sailor Innocence! Are you alright?” the snail asked frantically. Innocence kept standing there. 
        “Gary,” he uttered, “Is this all a dream?” 
        “Dream?” 
        “Because if not... I feel like my life is going to be a real rollercoaster from this point on...” 

END OF EPISODE 1

• Like 1

Special Episode #1 ~ 15 Years of SpongeBob

----

This won't be a normal full-length episode, but will be as if the SB characters are talking amongst each other at a long desk about this spinoff! Like when pumped-up guys on TV talk about sports...

This is written in a different format. The real episodes will return after this!

---------------

SPONGEBOB: Thank you all for keeping up with this spin-off!

SANDY: Isn't there something else you want to say?

SPONGEBOB: Oh yeah! THANK you everyone for sticking with my original show for FIFTEEN YEARS!!!

EVERYONE: WOOOOOO!!!!!

SPONGEBOB: If it weren't for you tuning in to the TV and online all these years, this spin-off would probably never exist!

PATRICK: Yeah, our show would probably be cancelled! THE HORROR!

PEARL: Whoa, chill out, Pinky!

PATRICK: Okay.

SPONGEBOB: It's... Patrick... ANYWAY!

SANDY: We couldn't have done this without ya!

SQUIDWARD: Whoopee.

SANDY: Aww, cone on, Squid, I thought you wanted to be famous!

SQUIDWARD: Well yeah, but not with a bunch of nut cases! Hehn... nut cases... ehh hehn hehn...

SANDY squints at SQUIDWARD

SQUIDWARD: Sorry.

SPONGEBOB: So! How does everyone like the spin-off so far?

PATRICK: I don't remember having any lines.

SANDY: It't totally AWESOME! When do I start kicking butt?

KRABS: But I thought you didn't even have a debut yet!

SANDY: ...

SQUIDWARD: Cowering while a bad guy trashes the Krusty Krab... Yep, that's me, alright.

SPONGEBOB: But not for long!

SQUIDWARD: .....huh?

SPONGEBOB: well isn't it OBVIOUS that a lot of us will become Sailor Senshiii??!

KRABS: Ooh! Do I get to fight? All those years brawlin' in the Navy...

SPONGEBOB: rustling through a stack of papers Nah, sorry Mr K. It looks like you won't be fighting with us any time soon. Plus, you're too old to wear a Sailor Jupiter costume!

KRABS: Barnacles. I don't want them frills anyway. I ain't no lass!

SPONGEBOB: But Pearl will be taking your place!

KRABS: gasps My little girl will be a star!!

PEARL: Eeeee!! Oh thank you, writer!

PATRICK: I'm already a star.

EVERYONE: ...

SPONGEBOB: So! Let's have some sneak perks! I know someone out there is excited for when we parody Sailor StarS! But that's a long time ahead..,

PATRICK: Who's excited?

SPONGEBOB: OM--

SANDY: It's a secret! winks

SQUIDWARD: What's to look forward to anyway?

SPONGEBOB: Well, we know who's gonna play as the Sailor Starlights!

SQUIDWARD: The what?

SANDY: Did you even WATCH Sailor Moon?

SQUIDWARD: Well, how could I? We're underwater...

SPONGEBOB: Hey, but I saw it!

PEARL: How?

SPONGEBOB: Well, when I was way younger, my dad went trough a lot of jobs... And one of them gave him an old radio and TV that could get reception from land stations. And one day I was flipping through the TV channels and Sailor Moon comes on in English. So I keep watching and I end up loving it. I eventually found out the TV schedule and tuned in every time it aired.

PATRICK: What job was that? That your dad had.

SPONGEBOB: Well... Neptune, I forget the name... it's been so long since then. But I think it was about... being on the lookout in case humans were about to threaten us? Like, fishing boats and stuff.

SQUIDWARD: Wow... I never knew that about you. That's actually really interesting!

PEARL: Yeah, that actually is kinda coral.

SQUIDWARD: .....huh?

KRABS: So, who's that there Mask person?

SPONGEBOB: Tsk tsk... Mr Krabs! That's still a secret! If you watched the original Sailor Moon and are up with your ships, you may have a hint!

KRABS: Yarr, I've been up with me ships fer years in the Navy, see. An' I still have no darned clue! Ye better tell me, lad!

SPONGEBOB: his signature laugh No, Mr K! Not THOSE ships! Don't you go ONLINE?!

SANDY: This chatter jus' gets better an' better!

SANDY and SPONGEBOB laugh

PATRICK: I don't get it.

SQUIDWARD: So what other spin-offs of torture will there be?

SPONGEBOB: Well, word has it that the author is thinking of posting two more stories involving us!

SANDY: Yippee-kai-yay!

PEARL: Am I in any?

SPONGEBOB: Well, in one of them, at least. The other one is so new we don't know yet. But Sandy, Patrick, and I are in both.

KRABS: That seems interestin' enough!

SANDY and PATRICK: Yaaaaay!

SPONGEBOB: Back to the anniversary, I also heard the writer was in the middle of drawing a celebration piece and wanted to show it to Nickelodeon and Paul Tibbitt on Twitter, too...

PATRICK: ...Paul who?

SQUIDWARD: Did someone say Doctor Who?

a loud buzzer sounds

SPONGEBOB: Welp, would ya look at that, folks! Time is up for this episode! Tune in next time for a new episode of...

EVERYONE: Protectors of the Sea!!!

---------

I did not proof-read this.

Thank you for tuning in!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Sorry I was gone for like a whole month... i have not forgotten!

I've just been extremely busy lately until now!

I graguated High School on June 1, had a week of Senior events BEFORE that, and even before THAT had catching up on schoolwork. And my parents had told me I would get a new laptop, and I wanted to wait till then for any "new file" stuff.

So, now I'm out of school. And I just got my new laptop, like, 3 days ago maybe. So sorry there's no story THIS update BUT! BUT watch this video which is COMPLETELY RELEVANT AND HYPE-WORTHY: