• Advertisement

My top 117 seasons 1-3 episodes.

Squid%27s_Day_Off.jpg

I dedicate this post to Halibut.

In this episode, Mr. Krabs gets badly injured in an attempt to get a dime. He puts Squidward in charge, and Squidward tells Spongebob about how to work, and Squidward tries to take a relaxing day off. Squidward then thinks about Spongebob giving change to Patrick obliviously, and rushes back to the Krusty Krab. He tells Spongebob how to make change, and then goes to relax. Then he thinks about Spongebob somehow setting the Krusty Krab on fire.

Squiddy rushes back, but then decides he's wasting his time. A firetruck drives by, and he goes to the Krusty Krab and sprays it with a fire extinguisher. He finds out it's not on fire, so he goes back. He tries to relax, then getting a vision that SB will destroy the Krusty Krab. Ho goes back and forth and back and forth.

You know, this could've gotten annoying, but it really isn't. Then he goes back to his house, and finds SB in his bathtub, so he chases him. He goes to the KK and gets his job back.

The episode is a bit boring, but I still love it.

Rock-A-Bye_Bivalve.jpg

In this episode, Patrick and Spongebob are randomly running around with rubber bands on them, when they come across a chirping clam who can't take care of himself. They try to take care of the clam. The clam seems to be a sensitive eater, wanting worms, but not apples, doughnuts, french fries, krabby patties, doughnuts, cereal, pancakes, doughnuts, a lot more food. Did I mention doughnuts? They take care of it a lot of times, and it suddenly leads from Pat and Bob taking care of it, to Bob taking care of it while Pat "goes to work." This annoys Spongebob, causing him to go over to Patrick's house, and dump desserts on him. Suddenly, Junior knows how to fly. The end.

Great episode, even though Patrick is kind of a jerk.

Bubble_Buddy.jpg

I'm probably going to get flak for putting the episode so low, but I don't care.

In this episode, Spongebob is bored because Patrick and Sandy are gone. He invents a bubble buddy, and takes him to the Krusty Krab.

Spongebob tells Squidward that Bubble Buddy is very picky, and he bothers Squiddy about it. After Squid and Krabs realize that Bubble Buddy's money is fake, they get mad.

Then, Spongebob bothers people and acts like a jerk. People start wanting to kill Bubble Buddy, but he turns alive and "drives" away.

It's good, but Spongebob is kind of a jerk.

Hooky.jpg

Starting the top seventy-five, we have Hooky. In this episode, Mr. Krabs is yelling about the hooks and that they are back, which annoys Squidward.  angrysquid.gif  Spongebob wonders what Mr. Krabs is talking about, and Mr. Krabs shows him. Then, while working, Patrick comes and asks if he wants to go to the carnival, which is really the hooks. Spongebob and Patrick play on them for a while, and Mr. Krabs finds them! ohmy.png

Then, he takes them back, and Spongebob plays with them again, and gets hooked. He tells Mr. Krabs, and Mr. Krabs puts a help wanted sign up. Then, Squidward teaches SB a lesson.

Although a bit to serial for my taste, it is still a great episode.

RippedPantsTitleCard.png

Ah, this one. I remember this being one of the very first episodes I watched.

In this episode, Spongebob is trying to get Sandy's attention (he does very well at it by the way) and they are invited by Larry (first appearance) to lift weights. Spongebob stinks at it, and he rips his pants. Everyone loves it. He rips his pants again while trying to play volleyball. Everyone loves it, again. He rips his pants after Sandy helps him from a Frisbee accident. Everyone is laughing, as usual. When Spongebob rips his pants again, an ice cream guy doesn't find it funny. Spongebob keeps ripping his pants, and people are getting annoyed. Then, Spongebob plays dead and rips his pants, and people decide to leave him alone.

Spongebob tries to think of ways to get his friends back, but instead he finds a gang of three people who have sour lives. They sing an awesome song, and then the episode ends.

While I like it, I agree with the guy who did the Top 17 worst seasons 1-3 episodes that this episode runs its one joke into the ground very quickly, so I don't laugh much. The song is amazing, though.

New_Student_Starfish.jpg

In this episode, Spongebob decides to take Patrick to boating school after Patrick gets tired of Spongebob not having time because of school and work. Patrick is excited, and they go to the classroom. Spongebob tells Patrick about the good noodle board. Class starts, and Spongebob and Patrick sort of fool around. This causes Spongebob to get sent to the back of the classroom. After a while, Spongebob and Patrick fight in the hallway, and get sent to detention (scary) by Mrs. Puff.

In the detention room, Spongebob and Patrick are fighting, when they have to save Roger, the egg in a glass box heated by a light bulb that just burnt out. Patrick gets one, and both of them get a good noodle star.

I love it, but I agree with everyone who says this this episode has poor replay value. I could still watch it a lot and love it, but it will stay at this point of the list only.

The_Camping_Episode.jpg

Yep, this episode is this low on the list. Why? We'll get to that.

In this episode, Spongebob and Patrick are camping TEN FEET IN FRONT OF THE PINEAPPLE!!!!!!!!!! Squidward goes over there to check stuff out, and things get a little out of hand. Squidward decides to put up a tent, but it breaks. Spongebob and Patrick are playing around with Squidward.

Then we get the Campfire Song Song, one of the best songs in the series, IMO. Here:

After that, Squidward decides to play a song on his clarinet, and Spongebob and Patrick tell him about the sea bears. Squidward does everything to attract the sea bear, and the sea bear comes and attacks him. Squidward gets in the Anti-Sea-bear circle, and is safe. That is, until a sea rhino comes. Squidward does not have any sea rhino under garments.

I love it, but the Squid Abuse takes points off. Still a great episode.

Culture_Shock.jpg

In this episode, Spongebob and Squidward decide with Mr. Krabs to make a talent show. They practice, and practice, and practice. Then the opening night comes, and many people show talent. People boo Squidward, and praise Spongebob, the end.

Holy cow, I just realized the plot for this episode is so darn short.

I like it, but it's low because of: Squid Abuse. Yes, you heard me.

Just_One_Bite.jpg

Internet memes...

In this episode, Squidward claims that krabby patties are disgusting, but he really has never had one. He claims he hates them after he tries them. He still claims to hate them. But, really he, uh... likes them. He tries what he can to get one, but his attempts fail, even trying to eat one out of a metal garbage bin. Squidward dreams about marrying a krabby patty, and wakes up, and decides to get one.

Squidward finally gets one, and then eats them all, and explodes.

A lot of Squidward Abuse, but I still love it.

Help_Wanted.jpg

I am going to die for putting this episode so low.

Ah, this episode. Without this episode, this show wouldn't be the same. What better way could they use to start this amazing series?

Now, I'll say right away: I'm not going to go to indepth with the plot, because I haven't seen this episode in very well 3 years.

Spongebob is way to nervous to get a job at the Krusty Krab. But, this special day has come... Patrick! Patrick convinces... convinces Spongebob to go into there to get a job. Spongebob is, well, not exactly fit for the job. He's a great employee, but he hasn't shown his skills. So, he goes to the Barg'n'Mart to get a spatula, while antchovies attack the Krusty Krab. Spongebob shows his skills well when he gets back, making a trillion krabby patties in less than a minute and-a-half. He messes stuff up when Patrick gets there, though.

A great way to start off the series, although I thought most later season 1-season 3 episodes were better.

Sandy%2C_SpongeBob%2C_and_the_Worm.jpg

In this episode, a GIANT worm attacks the town, wrecking many things.

At the Krusty Krab, many townspeople (my new least favorite character) are trying to have a plan for getting rid of this worm. Sandy, however, has the brightest idea of attacking the worm herself.

Spongebob does not like this idea, so he tries to stop Sandy from "getting herself hurt." All of his attempts, however, don't work. Not a single idea works! Then, they find the worm. Sandy attacks the "worm" in the "cave." Sandy later finds out that she actually attacked the worm's tongue, in the worm's mouth. The worm chases them, and the worm crashes unto the town. Ow.

I like it, but it is sort of boring, like Milkmaidman said.

My_Pretty_Seahorse.jpg

Yes, this episode.

In this episode, Spongebob more than ready for spring. While he is writing in his journal (not his diary in a certain episode that should not be named), when he sees a seahorse. SB names her Mystery. Mystery and Spongebob go everywhere together.

Then, it's working time. A customer mistakes Mystery for a kiddey ride, and all I have to say is that I love this very weird innuendo they throw in about a "coin slot".

Later, Mr. Krabs (back when his character wasn't flanderized) tells Spongebob to get rid of Mystery. Spongebob fakes it, and Mystery goes around the restaraunt eating random stuff. Krabby patties, spatulas, grills, hats, Old Man Jenkins...

Mr. Krabs finds out, and tells him about the time he had to spend his brother, Dollar. Mystery goes away, but SB and Mr. K chase her because she ate a dollar.

Then, Patrick hits is head on the hat store. (Weird ending)

A bit weird, but I like it.

Boating_School.jpg

In this episode, Spongebob goes to attempt to get his driving license. You know what? He doesn't. In fact, so far, he's failed 37 (meow) 38 times. Patrick comes in, and says that Spongebob can wear a walkie talkie in his head with a hat on, so he can cheat (gasp).

Spongebob tries to act natural (LOL at this) and then gets in the boat. He is a bit nervous, but Mrs. Puff says he can do it. And you know what? He can. Patrick helping him cheat really helps. In fact, Spongebob does everything right.

Wait... Did I say everything right? Not exactly. Before he gets to the finish line, Spongebob realizes he's cheating and forgets the focus.

What an copout here. I saw him cross that finish line at one point. Spongebob crashes again, and goes to the hospital to see Mrs. Puff.

I like it, but it's not the best.

Home_Sweet_Pineapple.jpg

In this episode, nematodes are eating and drinking things. They decide to drink... sign, Spongebob's house. The house shrinks more and more... Until the only remaining things are Spongebob, Gary, and a seed. Spongebob puts the seed in his pocket. Then, Spongebob and Patrick try to build it again. This doesn't work.

At night, Spongebob and Patrick are sleeping in the same home, and Patrick goes insane (SPIDERS), and Spongebob tries to go to Squidward's. Squidward doesn't let him.

In the morning, Gary and Spongebob decide to move in with their parents. Before going, Spongebob plants the seed, and one of his tears strike it, and it grows... Huh? What's this? Another pineapple! Spongebob's home is back.

I like it, it's just... it's kind of sad. Welcome to the Chum Bucket did sad humor better IMO.

Krusty_Love.jpg

In this episode, Mr. Krabs is complaining for stupid reasons, when he notices Mrs. Puff is eating a krabby patty. Spongebob convinces Mr. Krabs to go on a date with Mrs. Puff. Mrs. Puff and Mr. Krabs do so, and they get kicked out because of the bill. Screw bills, I agree with Mr. Krabs.

After that, Mr. Krabs decides to go to Mrs. Puff's house and tell her that  they are going for a walk in the park. However, whenever a problem ensues, Mr. Krabs tells Spongebob to go get it, but when Spongebob comes back, Mr. Krabs gives him flack for "wasting me money." After several doings of what was said before, Spongebob gets angry at Mr. Krabs and "cusses up a storm". Mrs. Puff says she doesn't need stuff, she's just fine with going for a walk in the park.

I love it, but... it... it gets a bad reputation because of... because of S- S- Su- Su- Sum- Summer- Summer... Summer Job. There, I said it.

Squilliam_Returns.jpg

Oh no... People are going to murder me for putting this episode so low...

In this episode, Squidward goes outside for a break at the Krusty Krab, when he notices his arch-rival, Squilliam (second appearance), is walking on the street talking to others about his richness. Squidward quickly throws his hat in the trash and says to Squilliam that he is not a cashier and that he owns a five star restaurant. Squidward then tries to set it up and help Mr. Krabs, Spongebob, and Patrick (who makes a hilarious appearance) how to become fancier. Mr. Krabs cooks, and causes the kitchen to blow up. Patrick takes people's hats, and beats the snot out a hat rack. Spongebob is the waiter, and Squidward tells him to think of nothing but fine dining and breathing. So then, Squilliam arrives when Squidward isn't even half ready. Squidward tries to convince Squilliam to leave, but Squilliam goes in and sees... a fancy five star restaurant. Seriously, Spongebob worked it out in less than 20 seconds. However, when Squilliam asks for his name, Spongebob forgets, and goes insane and wrecks the place. It is then revealed that Squidward is a cashier and all that.

I love it, but... the problem is so frustrating... Squilliam is a major show-off, and a jerk. His attitude actually had me place this in the bottom 15 of the list. However, I realized it's better than that.

The_Bully.jpg

In this episode, the students in Boating School are very bored. That is, until Mrs. Puff comes in and introduces a new student, Flats. Flats tries to scare Spongebob into thinking that he's going to "kick his butt." Spongebob doesn't worry about it at first until "I MEAN IT". When class is over, Spongebob hides in a toilet until Flats is gone. Well, that doesn't work.

Spongebob is eating his lunch, when he finds out that Flats is... even more enraged. Spongebob runs, and asks Patrick for advice. Well, that doesn't work.

Soon, Flats comes to Spongebob's house, and hits him in the back... and it doesn't hurt Spongebob. Flats does this for a while, and then passes out. Spongebob holds his fist up, and Mrs. Puff comes in and tells Spongebob she's gonna kick his butt.

I really do love it... It's just that... the ending is not good. Really, Mrs. Puff? Ah, well...

Sleepy_Time.jpg

In this episode, Spongebob goes to bed. Spongebob dreams about being in a race car, and then the dream version of Spongebob comes out of the dream cloud. Spongebob then goes into others' dreams:

GARY:

Gary dreams about being a librarian. When Spongebob comes in, Spongebob says he's dreaming, and Librarian Gary shows him around the room. After Gary is done reading, Spongebob goes into...

PATRICK:

Patrick's dream is that Patrick is in the middle of nowhere riding on a kiddy ride. Spongebob says that people can do anything in there dreams. After that, Patrick loses his last quarter in a sewage drain.

SQUIDWARD:
Squidward dreams about practicing his clarinet for a king, and when Spongebob shows up, Squidward gets annoyed in many ways, causing the king to become angry. Squidward uses Spongebob shaped like a clarinet, and all Spongebob does is yell "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA". Despite this, people are in tears for how "good" it is. IMO, they played this better than in Choir Boys (I hate that episode.)

SANDY:

Spongebob falls out of an airplane, and Sandy is seen doing the same thing, saying that they're going to land on a target. Spongebob doesn't get a parachute ready, but he crashes out of the dream while Sandy lands in... clam droppings.

PEARL:

Pearl has a tea party with stuffed animals. Moving on...

MR. KRABS:

Mr. Krabs dreams about catching the Moby Dollar, full of pennies. Spongebob helps Mr. Krabs get it with the net. However, the Dollar gets away out of the net (really a wallet) and Mr. Krabs fires Spongebob. I'm not joking, he actually fires him out of a cannon.

PLANKTON:
Plankton dreams about zapping Bikini Bottom, and destroying everything. Plankton's dream, however, is ruined by Spongebob shaping into a pin and Plankton stepping on him, causing him to shrink and get stepped on.

Spongebob then goes into his dream cloud and goes to sleep....

Only for the others to come to his house because he ruined their dreams. The only one who isn't mad is Patrick, who still thinks his is real and asks for a quarter.

I love this one, however... it's a bit to dull, for my taste. All it is is Spongebob going into others' dreams.

The_Smoking_Peanut.jpg

In this episode, Spongebob and Patrick are at the zoo, exploring, when they see Clamu. They want to try to get it to do something, so Spongebob tosses a peanut at it. The clam suddenly goes wild. Chaos ensues. Mass destruction... OK, maybe I'm going to far.

Then, Spongebob runs home to try to hide. Meanwhile, Patrick is investigating. Spongebob hears it on the news. He asks people for advice. All Squidward does is complain about how the clam interrupted his beauty sleep, and all Sandy does is act crazy... This gets more and more out of hand by the moment, doesn't it?

So then, after a while, the culprit turns out to be... PATRICK! Yes, Patrick. I love how the jokes are trying to surprise you.

At the zoo, people are throwing peanuts at Patrick, and then... huh? Spongebob comes and says he is the culprit. Before anyone can throw the peanuts, a guard says that Mr. Krabs is the culprit. It turns out, the peanut had no bother. It was the fact that Mr. Krabs stole Clamu's oyster. Which breaks and reveals a little clam. So cute, but not for Mr. Krabs...

I love this episode. Even though the episode really relies on surprising you and after seeing it once it gets predictable, I overall loved it.

Mermaid_Man_and_Barnacle_Boy_II.jpg

I feel maybe I put this to high...

In this episode, Spongebob wins a contest and gets a conch shell. If you blow into the shell, the MM&BB signal will send out, and MM and BB will go to where it came from.

At first, Spongebob just tests it, with some hilarious stuff happening with Barnacle Boy playing the "character who gets abused" role. I don't know, I find it funny. When they go to Spongebob's house, it turns out he just tested it, and "our" heroes go away. Suddenly, Spongebob uses the signal for simple stuff instead of crime, like putting books away or bedtime stories. He still has bedtime stories? Wow.

After being frustrated with the chores, Barnacle Boy takes the shell away. However, this doesn't stop Spongebob. He rides the Invisible Boat Mobile with them. This ends up with lots of shenanigins, like folding the car up, getting doughnuts and falling off the roof of a tall building, and angering an elderly man who has the ability to burn stuff with his breath. In this case- Barnacle Boy's head.

After these shenanigans, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy run away while Spongebob's not looking, and get trapped by the Dirty Bubble. Spongebob stops it easily by popping it with a pencil. They drive away...

I love it, but it's sort of predictable. That's really just a nitpick, though, sort of like what I said was wrong with entries 110-59, and maybe so on.

Tea_at_the_Treedome.jpg

I want to mention something right away: The 50's are gonna be pretty cold. Only season 1 episodes will be revealed at first, but then a few seasons 2 and 3 episodes will come in.

Alright, in this episode, Spongebob is just jellyfishing, when he sees 'a squirrel who needs help' trying to tackle a clam. The first two minutes are wasted with clam fighting. It makes me want to put Clams higher on the list. So then, we get introduced to this new character. Yes, I'm sure you all know this, but this is Sandy's first appearance.

Spongebob tells Patrick that he met someone, and Patrick gives awesome advice. I mean, look at that line. When in doubt, pinkie out. Come on, it's awesome.

So then, it turns out Sandy's house is really a tree surrounded by a glass bowl, which is not full of water. Spongebob seems fine with this at first, but suddenly... things start to get a bit rough. Because, well, as we know, Spongebob is a sea creature. There is no water here. After a bunch of dehydrating, Patrick comes in and dehydrates to.

It's actually a good thing Sandy came just then, otherwise, well... this show would only have three episodes!

I do love it, but I've seen better. That goes for a lot of season 1 episodes.

Jellyfish_Jam.jpg

In this episode, Spongebob is going home from jellyfishing when a jellyfish follows him home. This certain jellyfish won't leave him alone, and he goes to Spongebob's house and parties. After a while, Spongebob goes to bed. Going to bed, however, was a bad idea. The jellyfish let more jellyfish come in and party. When Spongebob wakes up, he sees the jellyfish partying so hard. So hard, in fact, that Squidward couldn't sleep.

The jellyfish attack Squidward and mess around Spongebob's house. Gary distracts the jellyfish by playing a tune. A whole set of tunes play.

I love it, even though the jellyfish are sort of jerky. The reason why it's higher than nit-pick reasons though is because I think this is better.

Walking_Small.jpg

I am going to try to remember this episode as memory serves, because I haven't seen it in a long time.

In this episode, Spongebob is walking along the beach... when we see Plankton trying to get people to move off the beach so he can build another version of the Chum Bucket. No one really cares, though. In fact, one child mistakes Plankton's tractor for a toy, which the mother says has germs on it. FYI, mom: So does everything else on the whole Earth.

Plankton tries to convince Spongebob, but it doesn't seem to work at first. In fact, Spongebob gets sat on and his ice cream stolen. Plankton controls Spongebob a bit, but soon Spongebob gets the hang of it. Spongebob causes everyone else on the beach to go away. Plankton later congratulates him... until Spongebob realized he did something wrong. Spongebob gets everyone to come back, trample Plankton, and have a great time.

Although I prefer most other Plankton episodes (obvious exceptions being Plankton's Regular, Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy, and One Coarse Meal), I still love it.

Plankton.jpg

In this episode, Spongebob is working when he sees Plankton trying to steal a krabby patty. He asks Mr. Krabs what it is, and he says it's his arch-rival, Plankton. Plankton gets flung into his restaurant. Spongebob then later walks home, when Plankton convinces Spongebob to try to give him the formula. Spongebob doesn't really listen, but Plankton tries to convince him about birthdays and all that. Spongebob doesn't get fooled, however, and leaves to go home.

Then, Plankton comes up and takes over Spongebob. Spongebob "walks" out of his bedroom out of his pineapple and into the Krusty Krab. Plankton gets a krabby patty and goes to the Chum Bucket. We see Spongebob about to drop the patty in, when Plankton falls in instead, and Spongebob goes home.

This episode's placement is also the reason of Walking Small's placement. I still think it's fantastic, though.