• Advertisement

Gordok's Top 20 BEST Spongebob Episodes

Number 11: Fear of a Krabby Patty

Ah, well here we are at the very start of Season 4.

The episode starts with Mr. Krabs painting a sign that says "New Business Hours: 6 AM to 11 PM". Squidward then criticizes that this new policy is unfair, while SpongeBob then suggests some earlier times that they can go to work at.

·  Squidward: [yelling] What? That is totally unfair!

·  SpongeBob: Squidward's right. That's totally unfair. Couldn't we get to work earlier than six a.m.? Like 5:30 a.m.? Or 5:00 a.m.? Or 4:00 a.m.? [squidward zips up the chef's window]

·  Squidward: Zip it!

Mr. Krabs becomes shocked when he sees that Plankton has opened his restaurant for 23 hours. Because of this, Krabs decides to open HIS restaurant for 24 hours, much to the dismay of Squidward, but to the excitement of Spongebob.

Plankton: [behind the scope] Open 24 hours, eh? I knew he couldn't resist staying open later than me. [He starts walking into the Chum Bucket] My evil plan is working perfectly. He'll run his employees into the ground, and when SpongeBob's mind finally cracks from exhaustion, I'll get him to tell me the secret Krabby Patty formula.

And after ten days of working (with no sleep and no breaks), Squidward is extremely tired but Spongebob is still awake and full of energy. Upon seeing this, Plankton decides to use an even deeper tactic.

·  [scene changes to the Chum Bucket a while later. Plankton is on the phone, ordering an item from the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs picks up on the other line]

·  Mr. Krabs: Krusty Krab! The restaurant that never closes. Would you like to place an order? [We hear a muffled sound from Mr. Krab's phone] 10,000 Krabby Patties! We'll start your order right away, Mr...uh, uh...What was that name again? [Muffles coming from the phone. Mr. Krabs writes his information on a piece of paper] Uh huh...Peter Lankton. Wait a minute; this isn't some kind of prank, is it?

·  Plankton: Eh...no.

·  Mr. Krabs: Good! We'll call you when it's ready, Mr. Lankton. [Mr. Krabs bursts through the kitchen door, and starts yelling orders at SpongeBob]

·  Mr. Krabs: Kick it into high gear! We've got a big order! [Clutches SpongeBob, who is staring into space] I'm counting on you, boy. I need you to raise that spatular. [spongeBob does so, enthusiastically] Yeah! And I need you to say, "Team Krusty Krab!"

·  SpongeBob: Team Krusty Krab!

·  Mr. Krabs: That's me boy! Now, make me 10,000 Krabby Patties. [spongeBob's eyes swell up as Mr. Krabs walks away] And no breaks!

And so, Spongebob proceeds to cook up 10,000 patties under the sea without any exhaustion in him. But, after day 43…

·  Mr. Krabs: What the flimflam? [Enters the kitchen and notices SpongeBob looking like a wreck] What are you doing in here, boy? You're wasting all me food. [spongeBob does not answer him] Boy? [spongeBob starts fighting the air with his spatula. Mr. Krabs hits him on the back of his head]

·  SpongeBob: [Drowsily] Oh, hey Mr. Krabs. When did you get here?

·  Mr. Krabs: Boy, I'm worried that... [Mr. Krabs turns into a giant talking Krabby Patty] Got it?

·  SpongeBob: [wiping his eyes] I'm sorry Mr. Krabs. Could you run that by me again?

·  Mr. Krabs: Sure, I said I'm worried that... [He turns into a Krabby Patty again. He turns back into himself after he stops talking]

·  SpongeBob: That's what I thought you said. Now, let me offer this as a rebuttal: [he starts screaming and throwing his hands in the air. He hides in the corner, waving his spatula at Mr. Krabs] Stay back! I'm warning you!

·  Mr. Krabs: [starts walking towards SpongeBob] All right. Now you're just acting silly. I want you to... [Mr. Krabs turns into a Krabby Patty again]

·  SpongeBob: No, don't eat me; I'm too chewy. [screams and runs outside the kitchen, where his eyes bulge as he notices the customers are now Krabby Patties] Holy shrimp! They're everywhere! [Runs screaming and knocks into a Krabby Patty, falling]

·  Krabby Patty: [looking at him] What?

·  SpongeBob: [Running and screaming. He starts screaming at two Krabby Patties sitting at a table, then one going to the bathroom and then screaming and pointing at Tom.]

·  Sally: I told you that shirt was hideous. [spongeBob screams again as Mr. Krabs grabs him and pulls him into the kitchen, while SpongeBob is digging his nails into the floor]

·  SpongeBob: No, no! I want to live! [He enters the kitchen, but bursts the door open] I want to live [He's dragged back inside. The camera shows Squidward, exhausted]

·  SpongeBob: [inside the kitchen] Mr. Krabs, what's going on? Everywhere I look, I see killer Krabby Patties.

At first, Krabs tries to get Spongebob to get back to work.

Mr. Krabs: [patting SpongeBob's head] There, there. I'm sure it's nothing that getting back to work won't solve.

But since Spongebob can’t look at one patty without becoming afraid, Krabs decides to send Spongebob to a psychiatrist.

SpongeBob: Oh, but where am I going to find a psychiatrist? [A paper airplane hits him in the head] Ow! [Plankton is heading at the chef's window and then drops down. SpongeBob starts reading the paper] Hey, look at this! "Dr. Peter Lankton: Psychiatrist. Specializing in Krabby Patty phobias". Gosh, I don't know about this, Krabs; wouldn't I have to miss work if I went to see... [Mr. Krabs holds up a patty in front of SpongeBob's face. SpongeBob points and screams at it, then runs off.]

So, Spongebob heads to Dr. Peter Lankton’s office (which is actually the Chum Bucket in disguise) and enters.

·  Well, this looks like the place. [it is the Chum Bucket with the sign "Dr. P. Lankton Psychiatrist" on it. SpongeBob enters, looking for the psychiatrist] Hello? Doctor?

·  Plankton: Come in, Mr. SquarePants. Please have a seat on the couch. [spongeBob sits on the couch. He turns his chair around so that we can see Plankton wearing a costume and beard] Now... [chuckles] Let's unload all that harmful information in your little yellow head.

·  SpongeBob: You're a bit smaller than I imagined, doctor, but I guess that's why they call you shrink [laughs]. Do you think there's hope for me, doctor?

·  Plankton: Hope, hope? When I get my hands on that formula, there won't be any hope for any of you. [Laughs, but then clears his throat] Yeah, I mean: you'll be cured in no time.

Dr. P Lankton (obviously Plankton) looks for ways to get Spongebob to tell him the secret formula, but to no avail.

·  SpongeBob: They're coming for me. No! No! No! Stay back! [Grabs a piano and holds it threateningly in the air]

·  Plankton: Wait, where'd you get that piano? [spongeBob smashes Plankton with the piano.]

After many failed attempts at getting Spongebob to crack, Plankton resorts to putting Spongebob to sleep with hypnosis.

·  Plankton: Since your mind has been resistant to every mental technique so far, I'm forced to resort to my most powerful method of curing you.

·  SpongeBob: Fiber?

·  Plankton: No, hypnosis.

·  SpongeBob: Hypnosis?!

·  Plankton: [holds a ticking watch in front of him] Now, keep your eyes on this watch. When I count to three, you will fall into a deep sleep. 1...uh, 2...uh, 3. [spongeBob falls asleep] I can't believe it worked. Now, when I snap my fingers, you will awake and tell me the formula. [snaps fingers, but he does not wake up. He snaps a couple more times] Hey, wake up! [He clashes cymbals, blows a trumpet and beats on drums] Hmm, what else is loud and obnoxious? [He holds a ringing cell phone up to his ear, but that does not work] Why won't you wake up?!

Meanwhile, SpongeBob dreams that he is jellyfishing when a giant Krabby Patty appears and eats him up. He then finds himself in his bed, and a giant Krabby Patty enters the bedroom. The Krabby Patty turns out to be nice and gives SpongeBob a cookie-pizza and chocolate milk, thus curing his fear and causing Spongebob to love Krabby Patties again.

·  Krabby Patty: Hey, SpongeBob. I heard your brain was sick, so I brought you this cookie pizza. [Hands SpongeBob a cookie pizza]

·  SpongeBob: Gee, thanks!

·  Krabby Patty: And here's some chocolate milk. [Hands SpongeBob a glass of chocolate milk]

·  SpongeBob: The king of flavored dairy drinks! [He drinks it quickly] Oh, Krabby Patty, I'm so glad we're friends again.

·  Krabby Patty: Just remember, SpongeBob, I'll always be with you right here [points to a part of SpongeBob's stomach] .

·  SpongeBob: In my heart?

·  Krabby Patty: Actually, in your arteries. Now, do me a favor and wake up. Wake up.

·  Plankton: [in real life, shouting into a loudspeaker] Wake up!

·  SpongeBob: [wakes up, yawning] It worked! I'm cured!

·  Plankton: But what about the formula.

·  SpongeBob: Oh, you're right! I'd better get back to work! [spongeBob runs away, towards the Krusty Krab] Thanks for everything, doc!

·  Plankton: [yelling] No! It's a lie! Therapy doesn't really work. You're still sick! Very, very sick!

And so everything’s back to normal and Spongebob isn’t afraid of Krabby Patties anymore.

·  Mr. Krabs: Good to see you're brain's all fixed, boy.

·  SpongeBob: Yeah, I just needed some sleep, is all.

·  Mr. Krabs: Well, I can safely say, "No more 24 hour shifts", because 23 hours will be plenty [Laughs. SpongeBob then starts laughing]. No, seriously. Get back to work!

I can honestly say that this was a very creative episode! There were many funny moments here and I thought the idea of the plot was very interesting. And I thought it was sweet when the Krabby Patty gave Spongebob his chocolate milk and cookie pizza.

This, to me, is actually is pretty underrated as an episode. I feel that a lot of people hate it because it’s the first episode in the post-movie seasons. And because of that, people seem to think that Season 4 was the downfall of Spongebob.

But, I don’t think it was until late Season 5 or the beginning of Season 6 that the show started to go downhill, and that was when the horrors from the abyss spawned (titles cards One Coarse Meal, Greasy Buffoons, Tentacle Vision and even Dear Vikings appear!).

I think that many people bash on Post-Movie because there are so many bad episodes in that period that people seem to forget all the good ones like Krusty Towers, Grandpappy the Pirate, Plankton’s Pet, Free Samples, and this episode in particular. In fact, most of the episodes from Season 4 (and some from Season 5) actually felt like episodes from the first 3 seasons. And I didn’t even notice the difference! But, I’m getting off track here.

Bottom line is, Fear of a Krabby Patty is an excellent episode, as well as one of the best ones to have ever aired.

Oh, and here’s a piece of trivia: Fear of a Krabby Patty was actually written by C.H. Greenblatt, one of the Pre-Movie writers!

Number 10: Shanghaied

To kick off the top ten, we have Shanghaied. It begins with one of those Patchy segments you see in some special episodes. And in this one, Patchy states that we are going to watch his favorite episode of the series!

·  Narrator: And now, it's time for Patchy's Pick. Hosted by: SpongeBob's number one fan, Patchy the Pirate!

· Patchy: Ahoy, fellow fanatics! Welcome to Patchy's Pick! I got a little treat for you. We're gonna see me favorite movie Shanghaied! Ta-ta-ta!

·  Potty: Boring!

·  Patchy: Well, If it isn't my less-than-amusing sidekick, Potty the Parrot. Potty, say hi to the nice people!

·  Potty: Squawk! I'm being held here against my will! Help!

·  Patchy: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh... Oh, Potty come back! Potty? Potty? Were'd you go? Potty, are you in here, buddy? Potty? Potty?

·  [Then the screen reveals that Patchy is in a cannon that is pointing outside the window]

·  Potty: [laughs and squawking] Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha.

·  Patchy: Get me out of here, you scurvy bird! [The cannon blasts Patchy out and Patchy screams; he lands in a neighboring house which sinks like a boat. Patchy returns, still smoking from the cannon blast] Well, roll the cartoon!

It begins with Spongebob having a box of Kelpo before noticing a giant anchor crashing into his house.

·  SpongeBob: Holy shrimp! [runs out to Squidward] Squidward! The sky had a baby from my cereal box! Squidward! [squidward pokes his head through his window] Squidward! The sky had a baby!

·  Squidward: That's not a baby! That's a giant anchor! Now go away! [Patrick comes over]

·  Patrick: Hey, SpongeBob! The sky had a baby!

·  SpongeBob: I know! What do you think we should name it?

·  Patrick: How about...

·  Squidward: Why don't you two go climb its anchor rope? I'm sure it goes somewhere far away! [Anchor crashes into Squidward's house] Now look what you've done!

Squidward begins climbing up the anchor's rope to complain to the owner, and SpongeBob and Patrick follow. Then, Spongebob notices that the anchor had been dropped by a large, ghost-like ship.

·  Patrick: SpongeBob, how long are you gonna stay in your little fantasy world?

·  SpongeBob: No, look, a giant ship!

·  Squidward: Great! Let's go! Now I can finally give this anchor-dropper a piece of my mind.

·  SpongeBob: I don't know, Squidward. That ship has a spooky green glow around it.

·  Squidward: That's probably because its good-for-nothing owner is too lazy to clean or drop its anchors in the right place.

·  SpongeBob: Squid, wait! [all 3 reach the top]

·  Squidward: All right, who owns this crate? [notices a door that says "owner" and begins to knock on it] Come on out! I wanna file a complaint! [spongeBob looks around the ship]

When the trio set foot on the ship, the Flying Dutchman emerges from his cabin, terrifying Squidward. SpongeBob and Patrick tell the Dutchman of Squidward's intentions to complain to him, and he repeatedly burns Squidward with fire from his nostrils (and eyes).

·  Flying Dutchman: Who be disturbin' the Flying Dutchman in his own lair?

·  SpongeBob: It's Squidward. He wants to complain to you. [Flying Dutchman gives an evil look to Squidward]

·  Squidward: I...no, I don't.

·  SpongeBob: Well, what about all that stuff about him having a dirty ship and being lazy and all? [Flying Dutchman glares angrily at Squidward]

·  Squidward: I never said that.

·  Flying Dutchman: Insultin' a man's ship be worse than insultin' his mother!

·  SpongeBob: No, no, wait, it was his mother you said was dirty, not his ship. [shoots fire out his nose frying up Squidward]

·  Flying Dutchman: [looks over to SpongeBob & Patrick] You're next!

·  SpongeBob and Patrick: [jumps off the ship] That was a close one! [land back on the ship]

·  Flying Dutchman: Welcome back!

·  SpongeBob: [he and Patrick scream and jump off the ship] That was a closer one! [land back on the ship]

·  Flying Dutchman: Welcome back! [spongeBob & Patrick jump off the ship]

·  Squidward: Hey! How come when they act up, all they get is the welcome wagon? If you ask me, it's... [Flying Dutchman zaps Squidward while SpongeBob & Patrick land back on the ship]

So, because they boarded the Dutchman’s ship, they have to work for him for the rest of their lives. Squidward complains about this, so the Flying Dutchman opens a zipper (in the air… seriously) and sends him into a hellish dimension called the Fly of Despair.

The Dutchman decides to have Spongebob and Patrick help him by scaring the people in Bikini Bottom, but it only proves to cause the Dutchman more harm than help.

·  Flying Dutchman: Eh, that'll do. Okay, Square One, since Pink One's working the navigation, it's up to you to find our first victim. Here, use this spyglass. Now hurry up! We're burnin' moonlight!

·  SpongeBob: Let's see who we can find. [spins telescope on ground] Captain, there's a guy we can scare. [telescope points to a big tough guy then Flying Dutchman blows on the telescope spinning it a little to land on a little kid]

·  Billy: I had four biscuits, and I ate one. Then I only had three.

·  Flying Dutchman: Ahh, it does me heart good to see children out after dark. Pink One, take us behind those rocks.

·  Patrick: Moving behind the rocks! [ship moves scratches and tears up through the rocky parts of the sea]

·  SpongeBob: Keep going. You're good. You're good. You're good...and...stop. Don't worry, Captain, we'll buff out those scratches.

·  Flying Dutchman: All right, never mind it. Just jump out when I give the signal. [Flying Dutchman scares Billy from behind a rock]

·  Flying Dutchman: Boo! Prepare to be burdened with the haunting memory of my ghostly ghost pirates! [points to SpongeBob & Patrick who just get confuse]

·  SpongeBob: Was that the signal? Okay, sorry, sorry, just...just do it again.

·  Flying Dutchman: With the haunting memory of my ghostly ghost pirates! [spongeBob & Patrick come out and SpongeBob does a little trick with his fingers]

·  Patrick: How does he do that?

·  Flying Dutchman: Get back on the ship.

·  SpongeBob and Patrick: It's still a mystery!

·  Billy: Those guys are dorks.

·  Flying Dutchman: Yes, but they're my dorks. [goes back to showing SpongeBob & Patrick steering through the rocks tearing up the ship]

·  SpongeBob: You're good. You're good. You're good. [Flying Dutchman goes through Bikini Bottom terrorizing citizens while SpongeBob & Patrick do stupid tricks. Later shown the ship is still getting wrecked] You're good. You're good. You're good. [Flying Dutchman goes through Bikini Bottom terrorizing citizens while SpongeBob & Patrick do stupid tricks. Later shown the ship is still getting wrecked] You're good.. You're good. You're good. [Flying Dutchman scares another citizen while SpongeBob & Patrick figure- skate in purple tights.]

So, because they aren’t any help to him, the Flying Dutchman decides that he’s going to eat them soon, which causes Spongebob and Patrick to panic.

·  Flying Dutchman: Well, actually, I'm just gonna eat you. See you at dinner! [spongeBob & Patrick scream]

·  Patrick: Wait, I have an idea!

·  SpongeBob: Really?! What is it?

·  Patrick: Let's leave!

·  SpongeBob: But the door is locked and the only way out is through the...perfume department. [points to a room full of perfume and customers]

·  Patrick: Let's do it. [they try to run through the department but get sprayed with all sorts of perfume]

·  SpongeBob: I always hate going in there!

·  Patrick: Yeah.

·  SpongeBob: [hears something strange] Wait! Listen! [Flying Dutchman is in his room]

·  Flying Dutchman: Dear Diary: I told them I'm going to eat them tomorrow. I made up some of that brown sauce my cousin showed me just for the occasion. Ahh, it's a good thing I found my dining sock again.

So they steal the sock and try to escape the ship.

Flying Dutchman: Remember the last time I lost me dining sock, I couldn't eat for a whole week. Yes, sir, sometimes I wonder how I'd survive if anything should ever happen... [notices sock is gone and pops out in front of SpongeBob & Patrick] Give me back my sock! Everyone knows I can't eat without it!

·  SpongeBob: Never!

·  Flying Dutchman: Ok, then... [tries to zap SpongeBob but SpongeBob holds up the sock as protection] Give it to me!

·  SpongeBob: No! [sock begins to tear]

·  Flying Dutchman: Wait, you're stretching out the elastic!

So, the Dutchman decides to give Spongebob and Patrick 3 wishes in exchange for his dining sock.

·  Flying Dutchman: Tell you what. You give me back the sock, and I'll give you...three wishes.

·  Patrick: Make it five.

·  Flying Dutchman: Four.

·  Patrick: Three. Take it or leave it.

·  Flying Dutchman: Ok...uhh, three. You get three wishes.

·  SpongeBob: Wow! Three wishes, Pat. Isn't that great?

·  Patrick: Wishes? I wish we had known that earlier! [clock goes backwards one minute]

·  Flying Dutchman: Okay, you got two wishes left. [Patrick smiles with embarrassment at an angry SpongeBob]

·  SpongeBob: Well, we still have two more. How exciting! I wish Squidward were here to see this! [falls through a hole in the Fly Of Despair and crashes onto his bed]

·  Squidward: Boy, I'm glad all that's over! [re-appears on the ship]

·  SpongeBob & Patrick: Squidward! You're back!

·  SpongeBob: Guess what? The Dutchman gave us three wishes! Patrick used the first one, and I guess I just used the second one.

·  Squidward: Well, then, the last one you owe me because you got me back into this mess!

·  Patrick: Wait! I think it belongs to me! [everyone starts to argue]

·  Flying Dutchman: That's enough! Using my mystic other-worldly powers, I shall decide who gets the last wish. [uses the eeny- meenie-minie-mo method] Eeny, meeny, miny, mo, catch a sailor by the toe, if he hollers, let him go, my mother told me to pick the very best one and...

·  Flying Dutchman: [finishing eenie-meenie-minie-mo] You are it! [stops on SpongeBob]

After thinking for a minute, Spongebob decides to make the final wish.

·  SpongeBob: Don't worry, Squidward. I've got it all figured out. He won't be able to eat us because...I wish the Dutchman was a vegetarian! [Flying Dutchman turns into a vegetarian and SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward re-appear in front of SpongeBob's house but you can only see their heads]

At first, it seems like everything’s back to normal. But it turns out that they have all been turned into fruit (inside a blender) and it ends with the three running away from the Flying Dutchman, who is about to eat them.

·  Squidward: But why have we been turned into fruits? [their bodies have been turned into fruits and they are in a blender]

·  Flying Dutchman: Hey, I get a wish too. Fruit prevents scurvy! [spongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward bounce away in the blender] Hey, get back here with that! [Flying Dutchman chases them around the ship, which is now a hippie-themed volkswagen with a main mast. Patchy reappears]

·  Patchy: Ahoy, children! I'm back! I hope you all enjoyed the show because it's time for you to walk the plank! [screen reads: PLEASE STAND BY] Oh, sorry, kids. What I meant to say because it's time for fan mail! [blows horn]

·  Kids: Hooray!

·  Patchy: And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, so get ready to blow milk out of your nose because we're gonna open a letter! The envelope please Potty. Thank you, my fine feathered assistant.

·  Potty: [Potty has a lighten fuse on his head] Brawk, you're not welcome.

·  Patchy: [Patchy blows his nose] Hey, Potty, do you smell something? Oh, Potty! That fuse in your head! I told you we're not doing that stunt!

·  Potty: Brawk, I didn't get the memo! Brawk! [Potty blows up along with Patchy; Patchy coughs up a feather and recovers from the blast]

·  Patchy: Well, that's it for Patchy's Pick. Hooray! [Potty collapses to the floor]

I thought that this was an interesting plot and there were many hilarious moments in this episode. But the main reason I put it here is mainly because I remember this being the very first episode I ever watched (I thought that it was the first episode of the series!) and after that, I fell in love with the show. And after this episode, the many episodes that followed never failed to entertain me.

Hint for next episode: Lost in Time

Number 9: SB-129

The episode begins with Squidward trying to have a normal day when Spongebob and Patrick ask him if he wants to go jellyfishing.

·  Squidward: I wonder who that could be. [squidward opens the door]

·  SpongeBob: Ready to go?

·  Squidward: No, I'm not ready to go! [slams the door]

·  Patrick: He doesn't wanna play with us.

·  SpongeBob: No, Patrick, he's just not ready. [squidward tries to play his clarinet but another knock at door] Ready now?

·  Squidward: No! [slams door. Then he goes back to try to play clarinet but another knock at door. Squidward gets angry]

·  SpongeBob: How about now?

·  Squidward: No! [slams door. He then knocks at door] Huh? [opens door]

·  SpongeBob: Now?

·  Squidward: No! [slams door. Knock at door and opens it]

·  SpongeBob: How about now?

·  Squidward: No! [slams door then opens it] No! [slams door then opens it. Notices they are both gone then he gets a tap on his shoulder] What?!

·  SpongeBob: Ready yet?

·  Squidward: No, I'm not ready! I'll never be ready! Don't you get it?!

·  SpongeBob: Sure we do.

·  Squidward: What? [stammers] D'oh...! [shuts door and leavs house, then realizes he's outside. he then runs back to his door, and knocks. SpongeBob opens it]

·  SpongeBob: Ready? [squidward slaps himself in the face, and then pushes SpongeBob and Patrick out of his house]

·  Squidward: OUT!!! Sheesh! Shouldn't you be at work today, SpongeBob?!

·  SpongeBob: I'd love to be at work today! But it's Sunday... The Krusty Krab is closed.

Tired of them pestering him, Squidward sneaks out the back door of his house and sneaks to the Krusty Krab. Upon seeing that they’re still looking for him, Squiddy decides to hide inside the freezer. And once they’re gone, Squidward becomes frightened as the handle is frozen.

·  Squidward: A-ha! They're finally gone. [tries to open freezer but it's locked from the inside!] What the...? Locked?! Oh no! Oh, well, someone will realize I'm gone and come looking for me. I'll be out of here in no time.

·  Narrator: 2,000 years later...

SpongeTron, a descendant of SpongeBob finally discovers Squidward after a hinge snaps off and the door breaks down. After being defrosted by SpongeTron, Squidward finds out that everything in the future (except for people) is made entirely of chrome, and all organic life forms that aren't people (such as seaweed or kelp) are simply spray-painted chrome.

·  Squidward: Uhh, the future? [notices everything's chrome] HUH? Wait, w-what's going on here? Why is everything... chrome?

·  SpongeTron: Everything is chrome in the future!

·  Squidward: Wha...? Uhh...Uhh... [squidward looks outside the window] Oh, my! [notices the chrome environment] Impossible! He's lying! [flower pops up from underground, then a fish comes up to the flower and sprays it with chrome spray paint] He's right!

·  SpongeTron: Of course I'm right, Squidward. Just ask my clones: Spongetron X, Y, and Z.

·  Squidward: Are the other letters of the alphabet involved here?

·  SpongeTron: Sure! All 486 of them. [squidward does a few sit-ups while he talks as if he is trying to wake up] Future! Future! Future! [spongetron drops a brick on Squidward's head]

·  Squidward: Thanks. Now listen! All of you! I don't belong here. This is all a horrible mistake. Please, we've got to do something!

·  SpongeTron X, Y, Z: [pull out jellyfishing nets] Jellyfishing! [a two-headed Patrick appears out of nowhere]

·  Patron: Did somebody say "jellyfishing"?

·  SpongeTron: Hi, Patron!

·  Squidward: Just listen to me. I'm not supposed to be here. I've got to get home to my own time period. I got to go!

So Spongetron directs Squidward to the time machine, which is a small room with control panel. Squidward activates the machine, and then he’s sent back to the prehistoric times. In this particular time period, he meets the primitive ancestors of Spongebob and Patrick, who are stinging themselves with a Jellyfish. Squidward introduces the game of Jellyfishing to them and they are pleased. At least until Squiddy starts playing his clarinet, which drives them crazy, causing them to chase Squidward back to his machine!

He goes into the time machine, but he accidentally malfunctions it by pulling the lever so hard that it breaks, causing the time machine to go all around the dimensions. The time machine gets flatter and flatter and it disappears, and Squidward ends up in A Surreal Realm of Nothingness, with a strange atmosphere (A strange bass tone, very weird echoing voices in the background and large 2D rectangles which disappear when Squidward touches one of them).

·  Squidward: He's not here. No more SpongeBob. No more! I may finally have found a place where I can be all... [squidward becomes tiny] ...alone! [a bunch of "alone" sayings appear with a different voice as each comes up]

At first, this realm seems pleasing to him, but then Squidward starts to feel lonely and he becomes desperate to get home.

Squidward: I gotta get outta of here! [squidward tries to run but he runs off and on the scene. he stops and tries to catch his breath. a strange voice is heard again, he holds his head, sweats a little, and runs again off and on the scene. he stops running after 3 tries to get out. yet another strange voice is heard when he stops] WHERE'S THE TIME MACHINE?!?! Where's anything!?!? Where, where, where, where?! [jumps up and down angrily and busts a hole through the ground into the time machine. The handle is still broken off. Squidward bangs on the broken controls] I wanna go home! I wanna go home! I wanna go home! I wanna go home! I miss Bikini Bottom! I miss my Easter Island head... I even miss SpongeBob...!!! [right when Squidward says "SpongeBob", the time machine disappears and reappears in present time Bikini Bottom where SpongeBob & Patrick are still waiting for Squidward]

And once he has gotten back to his home, Squidward is glad to be back where he lives.

·  Squidward: Oh, I'm back! I can't believe this. I...I..I was in space and then I went to the future, and-and then I went to the past, and then... I was nowhere, but now I'm back and... you don't know how happy I am to see you guys.

·  SpongeBob: Does this mean you wanna go...

·  SpongeBob & Patrick: Jellyfishing?

·  Squidward: NO!!!! D'oh! Who's the barnacle head who invented that game anyway?

·  SpongeBob & Patrick: You are, Squidward! [spongeBob & Patrick laugh]

·  Squidward: I'm going back.

This episode had a very interesting story, as well as an eerie premise. I happen to like episodes that have a weird or eerie feel to them. It gives me a chilly, but tingly feeling and it makes me want to watch it more. And the ending line is just hilarious!

Hint for next episode: It’s good to try something new!

Number 8: Just One Bite

In this episode, Spongebob finds that Squidward despises Krabby Patties, so he tries to get him to taste one.

·  Squidward: [pushes the patty away] No.

·  SpongeBob: Open up the tunnel, here comes the train. Choo-choo... [squidward slaps it away]

·  Squidward: No!

·  SpongeBob: [reaches behind Squidward's ear] Whoop! What's that in your ear? [pulls out a patty]

·  Squidward: Quit it.

·  SpongeBob: Come on, open wide!

·  Squidward: SpongeBob, if I were trapped at the bottom of a well, for three years, with nothing to eat but that Krabby Patty, I'd eat my own legs first... [walks out from behind the counter] and not just the extra ones. [walks off as SpongeBob follows]

·  SpongeBob: But it's good for you!

·  Squidward: [turns around] G--Good for you?! That thing is a heart attack on a bun!

·  SpongeBob: No, Squidward, I meant… good for your soul. [background turns to a heaven-like sky sky and SpongeBob wearing wings and a halo and doves are seen flying in the background and a choir is heard]

·  Squidward: Oh, puh-lease! I have no soul. [background turns to fire, and flying bats and hell laughter is heard. Squidward walks off]

·  SpongeBob: Okay, just half.

·  Squidward: No.

·  SpongeBob: A quarter?

·  Squidward: No.

·  SpongeBob: One bite?

·  Squidward: No. [squidward enters the bathroom. When he opens a stall door, SpongeBob shows him the patty]

·  SpongeBob: Just smell it.

·  Squidward: If I didn't want it out there, what makes you think I'd find it more appealing in here?! [slams the door.]

He eventually does and bites only a piece of the patty off. Squidward's opinion of Krabby Patties seem to

remain unchanged as he angrily says to SpongeBob that the one he tried was the most "horrible, putrid, poorly prepared, vile, unappetizing, disgusting excuse for a sandwich it has ever been my displeasure to have slither down my throat!" and literally buries the patty.

·  Squidward: [throws the patty on the ground] And I curse this Krabby Patty, and all who enjoy them, to an early and well-deserved grave! [puts a tombstone on top of the patty with 'R.I.P.' and a picture of a patty on it] Get it?

·  SpongeBob: But, it doesn't make any sense. The Krabby Patty is an absolute good. Nobody is immune to its tasty charm.

·  Squidward: Nobody but me.

·  SpongeBob: Are you sure?

·  Squidward: Does this look unsure to you? [close-up of Squidward's wrinkly face]

·  SpongeBob: No.

·  Squidward: Good! Now go spread the word!

Once a dejected Spongebob leaves, Squidward desperately digs up the patty and proceeds to devour it as he actually likes them. He wants to have more, but after stating how much he hated them, he has to sneak around to get his hands on one.

·  Squidward: Uhh, SpongeBob?

·  SpongeBob: Yes, Squidward?

·  Squidward: I need a Triple Krabby Supreme on a kelp bun, [gets more excited] with-- with extra sea pickles and, and burn it to a crisp, okay?

·  SpongeBob: Coming right up! [flips the patties again] Listen, Squidward. I want to apologize for before. I was only trying to make you happy. [squidward moans and groans. His pupils flip as the patty does] But I guess deep down inside, I was trying to make myself happy, but now I've learned there's room for all kinds of people in this crazy old [indistinct. Squidward licks his lips] ...and they all don't have to like the same things. [the steam from the patties forms a figure and it kisses Squidward's nose then disappears]

·  Squidward: Don't go...

·  SpongeBob: ...And while I strongly disagree with your decision, I accept it. [spongeBob holds up the Krabby Patty. Squidward tries to take a bite but SpongeBob takes it away and Squidward's face goes into the grill] You know, it's not often I get to make one like this. I want to see the look on their face when they take that first bite. [walks off. Squidward looks up with a burnt face. SpongeBob walks out of the kitchen] Triple Krabby Supreme! Triple Krabby Supreme! Did somebody order a Triple Krabby Supreme? Huh, they must've left.

·  Squidward: Well, why don't you just, uh, leave it out here, in case they come back.

·  SpongeBob: Noooope, a patty this special should be eaten fresh, and... well... I haven't had one of these babies in over twenty minutes, so... [eats the whole patty in one bite. Squidward gasps] Well, whoever they were, they had great taste! [squid groans and chatters then starts to cry] Ahh, they don't know what they're missing. Well, back to work! [walks back into the kitchen]

·  Squidward: What do I have to do? Eat one out of the garbage? [Frank with a big belly walks up to the trash can with a partially eaten Krabby Patty]

·  Frank: I wish I could eat this, but I'm so darn full. Oh well. [drops the patty in the garbage]

·  Squidward: I had to say garbage... but, okay! [runs to the garbage can. Inhales deeply and eats everything in the garbage can. When he lifts up his head, the Krabby Patty is the only thing left in the garbage. He spits out what's in his mouth and grabs the Krabby Patty. SpongeBob runs over and grabs it out of his hand]

·  SpongeBob: Oh no, what's this doing here?! This patty should be cremated! [runs to the furnace and throws it in and cries. Squidward walks up] I know you didn't like him, but... it means so much that you came. [runs off as Squidward starts crying.]

Once nighttime comes and Squidward is in his bed, he gets up and sneaks to the Krusty Krab because of his love for Krabby Patties. Soon, he discovers the Patty Vault and he opens the door, which leads to his Krabby Patty paradise! He starts to enter when Spongebob notices him.

·  Squidward: Holy shrimp! I don't know where to start. [picks up a patty] All that matters is that it's just you... and me... and nobody...

·  SpongeBob: Squidward? [squidward's face drops] Is that you?

·  Squidward: [turns around] SpongeBob? Uh, uh, uh... what are you doing here? [points at SpongeBob. While pointing at him, he notices he's showing the patty in his hand and puts it behind his back again]

·  SpongeBob: I always come to work at 3am. This is when I count the sesame seeds. [takes off his green hat] What are you doing here?

·  Squidward: Uhh, I forgot my...

·  SpongeBob: And why is the patty vault open?

·  Squidward: Oh, I thought that...

·  SpongeBob: And why are you holding a patty behind your back?

·  Squidward: I... I... I... no, I didn't do...

·  SpongeBob: And why are you acting so nervous? And why are you sweating so much? And why do you look so hungry? And... [grins]

·  Squidward: No, no, wait... it's not what you think. Th-this is a big misunderstanding. You've got to believe me, I... Listen, I am telling you... [jumps up and down] You better listen to me, SpongeBob!

·  SpongeBob: You like Krabby Patties, don't you, Squidward?

And at that point, Squidward admits his love for patties and then he slams the door and starts to eat every Krabby Patty in sight.

·  SpongeBob: I knew it all along, Squidward. No one can resist a Krabby Patty! [squidward eats a bunch of Krabby Patties in all sorts of ways, even a dozen at a time] Squidward! How many are you eating? Squidward! [squidward keeps eating all the Krabby Patties in the vault, Pac-Man style] Squidward, you can't eat all those patties at one time! Squidward! [As soon as he ate dozens of Krabby Patties]

·  Squidward: What's gonna happen? Am I gonna blow up?

·  SpongeBob: No, worse, it'll go right to your thighs!

·  Squidward: My thighs? [pan down showing Squidward's enlarged thighs]

·  SpongeBob: ...and then you'll blow up! [Krusty Krab explodes. Squidward's head is sitting on the ambulance's bench while his legs are in a bucket]

·  Paramedic: [laughs] Yeah, I remember my first Krabby Patty.

This was definitely one of the best Squidward episodes. It had many laugh-out-loud moments and the idea of this story was superb. And this is only one of the first of MANY good Squidward episodes on this list!

Hint for next episode: Musical Time!