• Advertisement

Imagine Dragons

Shark Tale

Surprised there wasn't a thread for them yet. Discuss this band here.

I discovered them a few months ago, and I've been addicted to them lately. Here are some of my favorite songs of theirs:

-It's Time

-Demons

-Radioactive

-Ready, Aim, Fire

-Round and Round

-Amsterdam

-America

-All Eyes

-My Fault

-Bleeding Out

-Fallen

I've heard this band before. I've taken a liking for "The Time" and "Radioactive," with the previous being what I've listened to just recently. And oh yeah, as far as I've been noticing...the internet has been comparing these guys to Nickelback.

...Um what?

Maybe cuz they're both overplayed and shitty
  • Like 1

I still like Imagine Dragons despite how overplayed their stuff is getting. Just because it's overplayed doesn't mean the song was shit in the first place. It's Time and Radioactive are still very good songs, well to me at least.

...however, just dammit, Demons is a truly awful song. It's one of the few tracks I've always skipped on Night Visions and of course it's a Top 5 hit on Billboard. I hate how boring and dull it is. This seriously reminds me of one of those slow rock ballads that I thought we got rid of five years ago when bands like The Fray, Daughtry, etc. were still relevant.

It's not that since they've become so overplayed that they're bad they've always been bad. Both Radioactive and Its Time are lame pop songs that don't need to be praised so much. I mean I can't be the only one who thinks their lead singers voice in Its Time is the most annoying thing ever. Calling them a band is a stretch too like I'm pretty sure Radioactive and Its Time were both made using computers. As for the rest of their songs I really don't care enough to listen to them.

...however, just dammit, Demons is a truly awful song. It's one of the few tracks I've always skipped on Night Visions and of course it's a Top 5 hit on Billboard. I hate how boring and dull it is. This seriously reminds me of one of those slow rock ballads that I thought we got rid of five years ago when bands like The Fray, Daughtry, etc. were still relevant.

YES. But it doesn't have the same nostalgia value awful Daughtry and Lifehouse ballads have :P

I don't consider either It's Time or Radioactive to be pure pop songs. Both are definitely crossover rock to pop songs sure.

I personally like It's Time primarily because the lead singer does a good job basically selling the story of the song. I can see why you find his voice irritating. I know plenty of my friends do. I don't think it's that bad though. It's quite good if used for the proper song, unlike Demons where his voice just doesn't work with that "heavy" of a song. Which I personally don't think Demons is as heavy as we are lead to believe, but I'll definitely go into my hatred for Demons at another time in much more detail. My point is that I think his voice works with It's Time.

As for Radioactive, it's a song about a nuclear apocalypse and damn, it just feels like the nuclear apocalypse. I just can't get sick of it no matter how many hundreds of times I've heard it. It's definitely not perfect and I can point out how many flaws the song has, but I just don't care. I enjoy it.

Demons would be better if it were about flesh-ripping savages from hell. Kvlt that shit up. Or that kick-ass italian horror movie.

Looking at "Radioactive" from that perspective (nuclear apocalypse), it's actually a little cooler...I think that actually upped my opinion if it, lol. But there's cooler apocalypse music out there ("Fried Egg" by the Mad, "They've Got a Bomb" by Crass, and anything by Dalek give me this vibe), but i guess I can enjoy the song a little more now. So that's cool.

Demons would be better if it were about flesh-ripping savages from hell. Kvlt that shit up. Or that kick-ass italian horror movie.

Demons would be better if the song actually had a pulse. I think the song died somewhere during the first bridge before the first guitar strumming.