• Advertisement

Top 10 most annoying online gamers

HawkbitAlpha

NOTE: This article has a lot of mature content for those who get offended.

Spoiler

If only you could kill them in real life.

Picture_1.png

Just the facts

1: Millions of people play video games online.

2: Some of them are pretty annoying.

3: And by annoying, I mean they should perish.

Please bring back splitscreen

Ever since video game companies have discovered the wonders of online production, every video game console has to have some connection to the Internet. Online playing is one of the reasons why some games have done so well (i.e. Modern Warfare 2) in terms of sales. But on a personal note, online playing is a great opportunity to most people, and it even helps establish a level of communication. Thanks to online multiplaying; I've been able to bond with some of my coworkers. The catch, however, is that there are some people online who take that fun experience and ruin it for everyone. These are the people you immediately toggle mute on, if that is such an option, God willing.

#10: The Sore Loser

soreLoser-pnged.png

Maybe this guy was always picked last during kickball at recess, or was always on the worst soccer team in the league. Regardless, this gamer HATES losing--if you were to give him his own podium and let him speak out to a random group of people, you could swear he was a Democratic politician.

nancy-pelosi.jpg

"We lost Massachusetts?! F**k this, I quit!"

What makes the Sore Loser most unappreciative is his lack of being a team player. Half way through the game you'll hear this guy say, "F**k this! I'm outta here!" At which point you are down a player, while the Sore Loser goes and finds another game to lose at. If the Sore Loser does make it through the game, chances are he will address the winning team with a civil statement of, "F**k you!" Followed by his quick retreat to his own lobby in order to salvage his precious diminutive ego.

2950373516_42e094cd15.jpg

#9: The Dad

It's kind of scary to think about it, but I know that eventually I might marry someone and have kids of my own. With that said, I will likely become the Dad. The Dad is the guy who decides to use online gaming as his recreational tool instead of something mundane like going shopping with his wife.

debt-collectors-4.jpg

Whipped.

The problem lies within the fact that this guy has a wife. Of all the times for the wife to nag or shout at her husband is the same time I'm concentrating on sniping a guy in the head. Seriously folks, I'm about to get an innocent kill and instead of enjoying the peaceful sound of my sniper rifle going off, I have to hear some woman scream at her husband because he didn't separate the colors from the whites for the laundry. When did my head set turn into an audio log for someone's dysfunctional family life? Of course it's even worse when his kid is sitting next to him. The Dad's kid is usually a 3 to 5 year old boy who is not aware of the concept "very irritating". When I launch a rocket launcher at a group of noobs, the last thing I need to hear is, "Daddy can I play? Daddy what's that? What's going on? Can I play? Can I play? Can I play?" Foremost, why the hell is your kid even watching this?!

resident-evil-4.jpg

For the love of God man, would you kindly shove some Nyquil down the kid's throat and play the game?

#8: The Word Salad

WordSaladLogo.jpg

The Word Salad is a man who contains a colorful vocabulary. By colorful vocabulary I mean this guy listens to 50 Cent all day and expresses his emotions with any cuss word you can envision. The Word Salad is the guy who failed to master English and the rules of grammar and literally said, "F**k it." When playing online, you can always tell when a Word Salad is having a bad time with a simple phrase, "This is gay." Or if he's having a great time, he will sum it up with a, "F**k yeah!" Even when you're playing you can tell who the Word Salad is by his following responses:

Action: Gets killed.

Response: "F**k!"

Action: Gets killed by the same guy twice.

Response: "F**k you b*tch!"

Action: Gets killed by friend.

Response: "F**k you asshole!"

Action: Gets killed by any ethnic guy.

Response: "F**k you nigga!

Action: Gets killed by an explosive.

Response: "F***************k!"

Action: Gets killed, respawns, and is immediately killed again.

Response: "WHAT THE F**K?! THIS IS BULLSH*T MAN!"

Action: Gets killed by one guy multiple times. Guy who killed him precedes to teabag his face while he waits to respawn.

Response: "YOU MOTHERF**KER DIPSH*T SONUVAB*TCH A**WIPE C**T SUCKING DICKFACE PUSSY A**HOLE SH*TEATER!"

Action: world-in-conflict_2.jpg

Response:

"

F**kity f**k f**k f*************************k!!!!"

#7: The Stoner

our-fave-stoners-20090420014802191_640w.jpg

One of the most annoying traits of the Stoner is that they're blunt about it--see what I did there? It's not like the good old days when they smoke pot around a campfire at the beach, they have to announce it and talk about it during game play or during intermission. I remember the good old days when stoners used to smoke in the comfort of their own bonfires on beaches, far away from the rest of rational society. Nowadays when I log onto the Internet to perform some online gaming, there will always be the occasional lone voice that says, "Duuude, I'm so high right now." What's worse is how you can easily clump all the stoners into one group only by looking at their screen name. Observe:

PLAYERS

Hack_slash19

Ghettoman420

GoWfan47

Lovesthemirror420

FFLover897

Smokin420

SweatyBallz

Out_Of_A_Job_420

EnigmaSolider05

Iluv420_420

Half of these players are retarded, and probably have some poster of Bob Marley hanging in their room. And yes, they will talk about their meaning of life in the universe because they're sooooo open-minded. So let me get this straight, this gamer will try to give insight into the wonders of the world but can't come up with an original screen name that doesn't involve his addiction to weed. The problem with the Stoner is his exploitation of his love and support for weed when in reality, NOBODY CARES. You can have fun with the Stoner though, just mention the fact that legalization of weed will never happen or how unoriginal his screen name is. Eventually he'll crumble on the inside and, like the Sore Loser, will retreat. The exception is he will recoil from the harsh truth of veracity by getting closure from his bong.

#6: The DJ

Some of us are able to read and listen to the music at the same time. Even as I write, I am listening to the tranquil and sophisticated sound of Daft Punk. This behavior is acceptable because it doesn't bother anyone. Unfortunately, this etiquette is nonexistent to the DJ. The DJ, like all narcissistic idiots, believes the world revolves around him and when his world is void of little noise, he must add more. Rarely will the DJ play something that anyone can enjoy. Even if we did recognize the tune, the sound is barely audible that the music becomes comparable to that of Kim Kardashian's voice--exceedingly aggravating.

418d4e328414aa1f964efdefff315433.jpg

Just shut up and look pretty.

Sometimes the DJ will become so enthralled with their own music that they have to play sing-a-long. Worse, the DJ might be a self-proclaimed artist and must dazzle his audience by flowing into the microphone. Listen DJ, your flowing serenades is about as comforting as a terrorist cell. When I want to hear music, I listen to it on my iPod with headphones. Just be aware DJ that everybody knows a) nobody wants to hear your music library b ) you fail at being an artist, and c) if you're going to retort, please, don't flow, it just makes me pity you even less.

blog6-lil-wayne.jpg

Cry me a river.

#5: The Joker

joker04-06.jpg

Not to be confused with Batman's arch-nemesis, the Joker rarely appears online but when he does, you immediately wish he was standing next to you so can bash his skull in with a controller. The Joker is someone who thinks he is funny. In truth, he's delusional. He tries to do different impersonations, or imitate the next person who speaks. Fundamentally, the Joker is a douchebag; it's like playing a couple of rounds with Carlos Mencia.

I have a feeling these gamers are failed comedians who are trying to maintain some form of their shattered dreams online with other strangers. These are the posers who try to submit something on cracked.com, only to have their website creators say, "I don't think so." Followed by the deletion of whatever crappy article they posted online. We already have enough provocation from the real world, and the Joker falls short on grasping that aspect of life. To him, he must be funny 24/7 despite people hinting at the subtle fact that his humor is about as entertaining as watching C-Span all day long. So for all you Jokers: if you're going to attempt to be funny, please, go ahead and try it once; should nobody laugh at your horrible material, chances are that yes, you're not funny...at all.

carlos_mencia.jpg

Still not funny.

#4: The Annoying Kid

a284_1364.videogame.jpg

The act of young kids playing video games is wonderful; it shuts them up and distracts them long enough for me to hit on their college sisters. For some reason, the younger generation is able to get their hands on mature rated games. So when I sign on to play an online round of Halo or Modern Warfare 2, I will in due course get into a match with The Kid. The Kid is product of bad parenting or being spoiled too much, and his age ranges between 5 and 12. You can always tell if the Kid is on your team because of the shrill sound of his prepubescent voice as he tries to bark out orders to the other teammates. If the Kid is lucky, everyone will ignore him and toggle mute. Unfortunately for the Kid, he fails to realize the situation he's in, which is playing with far older and often intelligent people. Once the Kid gets on everyone's nerve (a short trip) teammates and opposing team players set in motion a series of questions like, "Isn't it past your bedtime?" Or "Shouldn't you be doing homework?" And the ever popular, "Hey, when you're done sucking your mom's teats, can you actually play the game?" This ultimately throws the Kid into a fit of rage and will sum up his anger with two responses, either, "Shut up," or "You're a fag." Listen, if you're one of those Kids playing Modern Warfare online then let me file the following facts into your memory banks:

• SHUT. UP.
  • Nobody likes you.

You're better off keeping a low profile and playing the game so the big boys can actually relax instead of creating more tension. Failure to comply with these rules will lead to side effects of you running out of the bedroom screaming, "Mommy," while all the other gamers are laughing and getting along with the next match. Gamers, let's face it, the Kid is like that Chihuahua who thinks he's top dog, but we all know its bark is worse than its bite, and that we could easily throw it in the dumpster whenever we want.

2007_06_arts_dumpster.jpg

Trust me kid, you deserve it.

#3: The Camper

1171747-gb_image_camper_large.jpg

According to Wikipedia, "In video gaming, camping is a tactic of waiting for enemies to come to the player or useful objects to appear rather than actively seeking them out. Players camp in order to gain an advantage over their opponents. In most games, camping is a legitimate style of play." A very true statement, however, "It often proves frustrating, particularly to newer players." I have a problem with this last statement, for a couple of reasons. I confess that I camp from time to time; it is usually due to my love of sniping. Conversely I do engage in battles and hand to hand combat. That said; let me explain why no one likes the Camper. Considering you can't toggle mute on this player, you have to kill the guy multiple times until he realizes his tactic is useless. The Camper does one of two things: either he finds a nice grassy knoll to snipe from, or sits in the darkest corner of a room/hallway and anyone who runs by him will be greeted by a shotgun to the face. The fortunate thing about the Camper is in due time, you will eventually blow his brains out. The problem is that the Camper incites everybody and takes time away from the game. When you play with a Camper (and Heaven help you if there is more than one Camper) you will always go through the three I's of I'm-Going-to-Murder-Your-Face.

Stage 1: Indifference

indifference.jpg

After the first few minutes of the game, you'll be running around the map trying to kill the other team mates or trying to complete an objective (i.e. capture the flag, headquarters, etc). You'll be on a good run and as soon as you round the corner or walk into an open field, the Camper will be waiting there with his weapon of preference. This is the initial time you're killed by the Camper, but you don't care because there are other virtual skulls to bash. Once you respawn, you move on and ignore the Camper until he kills you again.

Stage 2: Irritation

office-irritation.jpg

So you're back in the game and you forgot about said Camper for a couple of minutes. Then you see an easy kill. Some noobie is looking the other way and doesn't seem to be moving at all. You slowly approach the player, grinning maliciously as you aim for a simple headshot. For a split second, just as your savoring the moment of an easy kill; you fail to realize you've walked into the Camper's line of fire. So you're dead, the noobie walks away, and you grit your teeth because your kill was sabotaged.

Stage 3: Ire

meet-the-rage.jpg

Depending how many times the Camper has killed you; your annoyance has evolved into pure rage and hatred. Instead of focusing on killing all the other players or trying to complete the game objective, you converge all of your energy and arsenal at murdering the Camper. If you don't kill the Camper on your first attempt, that's going to make your blood boil additionally. Killing a Camper is like uprooting a tree stump from your backyard: tedious and maddening. Once you have spilt the Camper's blood on the ground, you'll eventually do your victory dance before getting killed by some other player. If you don't kill him before the game ends, you'll carry on your thirst for revenge into the next match until you no longer cry for the gamer's blood.

Fucking_Camper.jpg

#2: The F**ker

hardcore-gamer.jpg

Muting this gamer will not save you either; this gamer has only one purpose, which is to take everything that's fun and holy about online gaming and turn into something as fun as a field trip to a waste treatment plant. To his friends, this guy is known as a, "Beast," to the rest of us, he is known as the F**ker. The F**ker is absurdly good, to the point where he becomes almost untouchable. This is the guy who spends countless hours online, excelling in building up his character, which evolves into a mass-murdering virtual machine. The gamer can do this thanks to his No-Life technique: he doesn't live outside in the real world, only the virtual one which has become his own domain.

southpark_wow2.jpg

The F**ker

The moment you spawn into a map and begin to walk towards the enemy, this will be the guy who kills you first and then some. There is no such thing as mercy and sympathy within his vocabulary, the F**ker will come for you and destroy you. He will always have the high-ranking score in every game, and remains mostly silent. His silence is the F**ker's way of saying, "I'm better than you and I don't have to admit it." You can always tell who this guy is because he will kill you relentlessly without so much of any hesitation. The only way to take your sweet revenge is to kill him back inexorably. Then again, that proves to be a challenge because the F**ker will always be one step ahead of you. The F**ker takes extra precautions. Unlike the Camper who finds a spot and sits there waiting to kill other players, the F**ker will find a spot and make it his own, "Fortress of Slaughter You." He will set up bombs, tanks, planes, whatever he can get his hands on to ensure his sweet victory (yet again). If he decides not to camp then prepare yourself because he's vicious on the battlefield. This is the gamer who has Marathon, Lightfoot, and Commando as his perks in Modern Warfare 2; he's the guy with a sniper rifle and a homing rocket launcher in every Halo match. The F**ker only cares about his own glory, and makes our time online like a death at a birthday party. So if you're playing online with friends, and you find one these gamers on the map, do yourselves a favor...

xiii-crosshairs.jpg

...AND KILL THAT MOTHER F**KER!!

#1: The Cheater

1290550640052.jpg

As long as there have been games, there have been cheaters, and video games, particularly online games, are certainly no exception to this rule. While cheat codes are commonly used in single-player games to overcome difficult stages of the game, or just to spice it up a little, it's an entirely different matter when you're competing online. Multiplayer games are usually intended to be contests of skill and strategy, and most players simply won't settle for anything less.

When multiplayer games become overrun with cheaters, honest people will either stop playing or they will restrict their play to password protected games between friends they trust. In fact, several online games have, at one time another, seen a huge exodus of players due to cheating. Age of Empires comes to mind, and America's Army had become almost unplayable prior to the introduction of Punkbuster. Multiplayer Web games and poker rooms are also frequently targeted by cheaters, particularly when there is money at stake.

These are the players such as the ones that you will find using aimbots on Ace of Spades, or the ones that take advantage of screenshots, quitting-and-rejoining, and pausing in Grand Theft Auto. Depending how many times they've used their said cheats on you, you will either go and attack them all out or report them to the server admin, who will finally find out soon enough and ban their asses from the game. However, if they know what they're doing, they can just get around it and continue playing, making your blood boil additionally.

Sources:

http://www.cracked.c...-online-gamers/

http://internetgames.../a/cheating.htm

its always funny when you're 10 and you don't know the pain. i only know the camper and the cheater. the joker can be funny. wouldn't you bash the skull of the camper instead of the joker? it would be the only way unless you're a camper as well.