• Advertisement

E.V.I.L's average photography thread thingf

E.V.I.L.

You know, even though I preach not shooting in mid-day light (unless overcast), I had to attempt midday light today as the snow was going to melt later.

I'm telling you right now: if you want quality pictures at a family event, or at a wedding, or at a birthday.. do not, not, not, not, not, NEVER NEVER NEVER shoot at the middle of the day with bright sunlight. (Okay, there are exceptions, such as canyons, open flowers, and crystalline waters, but 99% of the time, avoid the middle of the day)

Really, I learned that today. Out of 81 pictures, I got 4 pictures that were considerable. Forget good.

here are those 4, which most turned out decent. (but would have been much better later in the day)

Here's a plant with snow cover. (minutes of time it took me to find a plant with snow cover that exposed well- 20)

xukm5L5.jpg

here's a picture of the canyon with even light (when this happened- never, but Photoshop is magical sometimes)

AviSzXT.jpg

here's a blue sky picture of the canyon (I was blessed to have a small cloud covering the sun, or this pic would be screwed. Heck, it still sucks because it's not sharp and it's handheld)

vkpT80A.jpg

here's a tripod one with less revelation that I was also blessed with when that cloud came... this would have looked a lot better with overcast skies or sunrise though sad.png

Kc7NilU.jpg

and for the best picture...s.. a pic 2 weeks ago inside a house of cupcakes, stupid midday light facepalm.gif

UwJmoDB.jpg

• Like 1